Windows 10: How to prevent Windows from installing audio drivers for monitors?

Discus and support How to prevent Windows from installing audio drivers for monitors? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Yes, I went to the control panel, advanced system settings and in hardware I've disabled the automatic device installation. I've then went to device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Karlovsky120, Dec 2, 2020.

1. How to prevent Windows from installing audio drivers for monitors?

Yes, I went to the control panel, advanced system settings and in hardware I've disabled the automatic device installation. I've then went to device manager and uninstalled the monitor audio driver/device. I've then restarted the PC and guess what? The cheeky fucker installed the fucking driver again?
    Is there any way to prevent Windows from doing this and make it suck ever so slightly less?

submitted by /u/Karlovsky120
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Karlovsky120, Dec 2, 2020

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Jayce Win User

How to prevent Windows from installing audio drivers for monitors?

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

How to prevent Windows from installing audio drivers for monitors?

1. How to prevent Windows from installing audio drivers for monitors? - Similar Threads - prevent installing audio

2. Installed keyboard driver prevents system from sleeping. How to remove?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed keyboard driver prevents system from sleeping. How to remove?: Hi,I'm using an old Microsoft Reclusa keyboard on a new Windows 11 Pro computer. Everything was working properly until I installed an optional Windows Update for the Reclusa Driver.In the Windows Update > Update History it lists:Razer - Input - Razer ReclusaSuccessfully...
  3. Installed keyboard driver prevents system from sleeping. How to remove?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed keyboard driver prevents system from sleeping. How to remove?: Hi,I'm using an old Microsoft Reclusa keyboard on a new Windows 11 Pro computer. Everything was working properly until I installed an optional Windows Update for the Reclusa Driver.In the Windows Update > Update History it lists:Razer - Input - Razer ReclusaSuccessfully...
  4. Prevent Windows from automatically installing drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Windows from automatically installing drivers?: Hi allI have a very specific computer setup which requires me to install specific drivers. Unfortunately, Windows constantly installs drivers which I do not want.There are written articles which can be found through a simple web search, but absolutely none of them work. I...
  5. Prevent Windows from automatically installing drivers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent Windows from automatically installing drivers?: Hi allI have a very specific computer setup which requires me to install specific drivers. Unfortunately, Windows constantly installs drivers which I do not want.There are written articles which can be found through a simple web search, but absolutely none of them work. I...
  6. How to prevent windows from download sound drivers..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent windows from download sound drivers..: Hey. So to began. I just installed a fresh windows 10 pro and I was listening to music in edge. My headphones are an Alienware 7.1 sound something. And the sound was just grate. I turned on updates in the background and it download something called dell Alienware dac control...
  7. Audio Driver preventing computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Driver preventing computer from sleep: My computer will not go into sleep mode on its own, although I can manually put it to sleep. powercfg -requests shows: [DRIVER] Creative Audigy Audio Processor WDM PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0008&SUBSYS_10241102&REV_00\7&280829bf&0&000018000A An audio stream is currently in use....
  8. How to prevent Windows from automatically installing drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent Windows from automatically installing drivers?: Hello all, I’ve been trying to tackle this issue all day and it’s starting to drive me mad. I was troubleshooting something else on my system and I realized that I have a piece of hardware that has never been installed correctly. This is the device I’m trying I’m trying to...
  9. How do I prevent Windows from installing a driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I prevent Windows from installing a driver?: I have an issue where Intel Management Interface Engine driver is preventing my laptop from hibernating or shutting down, I mean, the system just comes back to lock screen instead of turning off. If you search the web, you'll see this driver is well known to cause this issue,...
  10. Audio driver preventing computer from sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Audio driver preventing computer from sleeping: Hi there, I have an audio driver that is preventing my pc from going to sleep. When I run powercfg /requests it gives the following: DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER] VIA HD Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106&DEV_0397&SUBSYS_1043836C&REV_1000\4&4ac9a6c&0&0001) An...