Windows 10: How to Prevent Windows from Re-arranging when Displayport Monitor goes to sleep? (Multi...

Discus and support How to Prevent Windows from Re-arranging when Displayport Monitor goes to sleep? (Multi... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For anyone who has multiple monitors and display port this has probably driven you crazy at some point. But when your computer sleeps / monitor "turns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/make43, Dec 23, 2020.

1. /u/make43 Win User

How to Prevent Windows from Re-arranging when Displayport Monitor goes to sleep? (Multi...

For anyone who has multiple monitors and display port this has probably driven you crazy at some point. But when your computer sleeps / monitor "turns off", windows thinks you have removed it, so will re-arrange all windows on it to other monitors. Same when you wake, it will think that its a new monitor and will re-order / arrange your other monitors.

There are many posts about this on stackoverflow and other places, but I have yet to find a solution that works for Windows 10. Anyone out there have a solution?

http://superuser.com/questions/453446/how-can-i-stop-windows-re-positioning-after-waking-from-sleep

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/36gb6z/windows_is_always_resizing_my_windows/

submitted by /u/make43
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/make43, Dec 23, 2020
  2. Andrey_VI Win User

Fall creators update Displayport monitor won't go to sleep

Same issue after today's update to 1709 version: monitor won't go to sleep after configured time or after Win + L.

My configuration:

• Intel HD Graphics 3000 (driver version 9.17.10.4459)
    • Monitor connected via DisplayPort
    • Sleep disabled
    • Screen are set to turn off after 10 minutes
    Please help to fix this!

Andrey_VI, Dec 23, 2020
  3. DisplayPort second monitor disconnects when it sleeps

I have 2 monitors, an HDMI and a DisplayPort. It seems that, by design, the DisplayPort disconnects when it sleeps. This causes all of the open windows on that monitor move to the HDMI monitor (because the DP monitor no longer exists). The only solution
    is to not put the monitors to sleep.

Is there any preferred setting for keeping a monitor on 24/7/365? Should I put up a black screen saver? If not what can I do to not burn out my monitors by having them on. I also don't want them bright all night long.

2 new HP PCs

2 Acer ET322QU monitors on each

1 HDMI - 1 DisplayPort

TonyBeecher, Dec 23, 2020
  4. How to Prevent Windows from Re-arranging when Displayport Monitor goes to sleep? (Multi...

DisplayPort second monitor disconnects when it sleeps

Greg, please!

As I stated, this is a DisplayPort disfunction. It is not a sleep issue. A DisplayPort disconnects when it sleeps. Windows thinks that the monitor is disconnected. When it wakes up, it thinks it is a new monitor. This is very well documented. I did not ask
    for any help on that. I have spent days working with support from the video card and the monitor companies.

I ended up with a condescending 'Independent Advisor' with a God complex who insists on insulting me. I was very pleasant until you said 'Tony, I have no idea what you've tried if you don't tell me, so invested over
    an hour researching fixes that you now say you've tried.' Again, it had nothing to do with my request.

I would suggest that you reread this conversation.

You have called me uncooperative, cantankerous, and unfriendly. Because of this mistreatment I have reported you as abusive.

TonyBeecher, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

How to Prevent Windows from Re-arranging when Displayport Monitor goes to sleep? (Multi...

1. How to Prevent Windows from Re-arranging when Displayport Monitor goes to sleep? (Multi... - Similar Threads - Prevent arranging Displayport

2. Displayport monitor never goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Displayport monitor never goes to sleep.: Hey,I recently updated to Windows 11, and I have the weirdest glitch since.I have 2 monitors, connected to a Nvidia 2060, one on DVI 1080p@60Hz, another one on DisplayPort 1080p@144Hz/HDR/GSync.All sleep modes on windows are disable, except the Screen timeout, which should...
  3. Displayport monitor never goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Displayport monitor never goes to sleep.: Hey,I recently updated to Windows 11, and I have the weirdest glitch since.I have 2 monitors, connected to a Nvidia 2060, one on DVI 1080p@60Hz, another one on DisplayPort 1080p@144Hz/HDR/GSync.All sleep modes on windows are disable, except the Screen timeout, which should...
  4. Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange: I'm talking about this https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/avoid-unexpected-app-rearrangement/many articles have been written about this but meanwhile things still don't workI tried joining the Insider Program, but it didn't offer me any new updates. I feel like that...
  5. Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange: I'm talking about this https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/avoid-unexpected-app-rearrangement/many articles have been written about this but meanwhile things still don't workI tried joining the Insider Program, but it didn't offer me any new updates. I feel like that...
  6. Windows DisplayPort external monitor sleep rearrange

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Desktop icons re-arrange when connecting external monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons re-arrange when connecting external monitor: I have a laptop as my primary work computer and sometimes I connect it on the same monitor as always. But this time I wanted to test what would happen if I set the secondary monitor as primary. Since then, if my laptop is set to primary, I connect it to my monitor and if...
  8. DisplayPort second monitor disconnects when it sleeps

DisplayPort second monitor disconnects when it sleeps: I have 2 monitors, an HDMI and a DisplayPort. It seems that, by design, the DisplayPort disconnects when it sleeps. This causes all of the open windows on that monitor move to the HDMI monitor because the DP monitor no longer exists. The only solution is to not put the...
  9. MONITOR GOES TO SLEEP

MONITOR GOES TO SLEEP: While working on the computer, it suddenly shut down and went into sleep mode. I cannot "wake it" back up. I have checked all connections and tried to power down completely. when I attempt to wake it up manually, it does through its startup routine and then goes back to...
  10. Displayport goes weird by resuming monitor from sleep.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Displayport goes weird by resuming monitor from sleep.: Hi, some days ago I installed AOC G2460VQ6 75hz monitor with a displayport cable. I saw in windows settings that It is correctly set to 75hz. Unfortunately, with a frequency of 1/3 times, monitor, after resume from sleep (not pc suspension mode, only monitor), will look...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. prevent displayport disconnect

3. minimize windows when monitor is disconnected win 10