Windows 10: How to prevent windows from re-sizing after using full screen applications like games?

Discus and support How to prevent windows from re-sizing after using full screen applications like games? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'll have half a dozen folders open up all sized exactly how i want them, and then exit a game and now they're at a quarter of the size from before.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/livinforkicks, May 8, 2020.

1. How to prevent windows from re-sizing after using full screen applications like games?

I'll have half a dozen folders open up all sized exactly how i want them, and then exit a game and now they're at a quarter of the size from before. How do i stop this from happening?

submitted by /u/livinforkicks
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/livinforkicks, May 8, 2020
  2. TIGR Win User

Poll: Desktop Screen Size

This goes along with my Desktop Screen Res poll. A lot of people have been posting their monitor size in addition to voting in the poll, but I wanted to make an actual poll to put the screen size votes in a more easily readable format.

This is for desktop systems, not laptops. I've tried to include all screen sizes that people are likely to have; if yours is not listed, round up. If you have multiple, different-sized screens, check all that apply. I've also listed projectors as an option.

I didn't list individual sizes over 32" as these are typically not intended as PC monitors; just select "Larger."

TIGR, May 8, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Applications not opening at same location and in same size after reopening

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how frustrating it could be when the computer doesn’t work properly. However, we will need some information from you:

• Are you facing this issue with all the applications or with specific application?

You can change the size for opening of the program as Normal Window, Maximized or Minimized. Please follow the steps mentioned below to change the settings:

• Right click on the icon of the application and click on Properties.
    • Under Run select the size of the window from the drop-down list.
    • Now, click on Apply and OK.

Ideally, the applications are opened on the same position on the screen as they were closed last time. This issue may be due to a profile corruption. Hence, in order to eliminate possibilities, I would suggest you to create a new user account, and
    check if the issue persists. Follow the steps from the article
    Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10 to create
    a new user account.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 8, 2020
  4. How to prevent windows from re-sizing after using full screen applications like games?

Screen size does not fix.

Since the new upgrades the screen size is too big for my 7 YR old Toshiba Laptop, which I use constantly. I Can not access the x or the scroll bar. The character's are Hugh, stretched and distorted. I have followed every single step listed in troubleshooting
    and even paid two computer techs to fix it. NOTHING WORKS! There used to be a simple one step adjustment: Settings: Display: Screen Size. Neither, Resetting, troubleshooting app, driver updates, changing to another resolution (which btw is suggested as a
    fix but non existant) nothing works. I am at wits end. The last guy I paid to fix it suggested I just buy anew unit? I can't afford that. Please please address this issue asap. Thank you

Arose Krashmam, May 8, 2020
Thema:

How to prevent windows from re-sizing after using full screen applications like games?

1. How to prevent windows from re-sizing after using full screen applications like games? - Similar Threads - prevent sizing using

2. My full screen games and applications crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My full screen games and applications crash: When games run, or some applications, in full screen, after 2-30 minutes either the games or the whole pc crashes. Just a pitch black screen and restarts. This started to occur after I put my cpu or powersupply inside.Specs:Cpu - amd a8 6600kGpu - r9 390x MSI with 6gb...
  3. Computer constantly reboots after closing out of full screen applications like games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer constantly reboots after closing out of full screen applications like games: Every time I either close out of or alt/tab out of a full screen game my computer restarts after freezing for a few seconds. I have tried getting a new graphics card and PSU but it is still happening. I also have the most up to date Nvidia drivers....
  4. Computer constantly reboots after closing out of full screen applications like games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer constantly reboots after closing out of full screen applications like games: Every time I either close out of or alt/tab out of a full screen game my computer restarts after freezing for a few seconds. I have tried getting a new graphics card and PSU but it is still happening. I also have the most up to date Nvidia drivers....
  5. Any way to prevent game scaling to full screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any way to prevent game scaling to full screen?: Intel probably recently did some changes in their graphics driver settings and now if your laptop resolution is set to 1920x1080, there's only one option available - Maintain Display Scaling.You can't select "Maintain Aspect Ratio" or any other option like you could do 1 or 2...
  6. Gaming and Full Screen Applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming and Full Screen Applications: Hi, when I open an application such as a game doesn't matter what game it opens the game but it takes me to my desktop. After this, I have to repeatedly click the application on the taskbar for me to play. This also happens every time I exit via alt-tab. Also when I...
  7. Is it possible to prevent full screen applications from minimizing when they lose focus?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to prevent full screen applications from minimizing when they lose focus?: I use a dual monitor setup, and would like to dedicate one monitor to display applications in full screen mode, while using the other to manage other applications I'm using. I would expect that an application being used in full screen mode should should take priority of...
  8. i would like to restore my screen to full size

i would like to restore my screen to full size: 2 days ago my screen display changed the style. today my screen has been reduced by about half. I would like to restore it to normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-restore-my-screen-to-full-size/dae1530a-bf0d-4a08-b99a-3483a1b193d9
  9. How to disable notifications when using an application/game in full-screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable notifications when using an application/game in full-screen: I looked at my settings in the Notification tab and Focus assist, but I still receive notifications when I'm gaming or watching something in full-screen. The only way to resolve this is to just completely turn off the notifications These are my current settings:...
  10. how do I prevent a window from expanding full size?

how do I prevent a window from expanding full size?: When I grab a window to move it and then hesitate for just a fraction of a second, the system automatically expands the window to full size. What option can I toggle to prevent that from occurring? I'm running Windows v10.0.17134 Build 17134. Thanks, Jerry Pope...