Windows 10: how to prevent windows performance analyser trace files from being created

Discus and support how to prevent windows performance analyser trace files from being created in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Win 10 Pro Winver: 20H2 19042.746 I was searching through my temp folder and noticed windows performance analyser trace files eg... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Stephen_Ford, Jan 27, 2021.

1. how to prevent windows performance analyser trace files from being created

Win 10 Pro

Winver: 20H2 19042.746

I was searching through my temp folder and noticed windows performance analyser trace files eg C6343454-8859-4525-8795-51BDF661A408.Diagnose.0.etl

I want to stop these files from being created.

Would running the network diagnostic tool create them?

I have investigated this solution-:

[COLOR=rgba32, 33, 36, 1]Computer management >[/COLOR]Performance[COLOR=rgba32, 33, 36, 1] >Data collector sets >Startup event trace sessions, [/COLOR]disable[COLOR=rgba32, 33, 36, 1] the ones related to WPR[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba32, 33, 36, 1]But there are no related trace sessions to disable.[/COLOR]

:)

Stephen_Ford, Jan 27, 2021

2. Traces

Trace malware is a detection which typically indicates harmless pieces of leftovers also known
    as remnants (registry keys, file fragments, folders) generally found after cleaning a previous malware infection. Traces are typically useless and not dangerous since the primary malicious file(s) has been removed. A
    Malware.Trace detection is just another name used by Malwarebytes, SUPERAntiSpyware and other security vendors for trace malware.

Performing the scans suggested by
    José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO should remove most of them.

quietman7 - MVP, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Cannot perform backup...Windows asks to create a folder

I am having problems with the back up files, and every time i get a back up i get this message ( Create the missing folder "
    C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\OneDrive\CATS 6A", as listed in the error message). Create a missing folder was suggested by one of the community members, Pls let me know the steps to follow in order to create a missing folder.

Thanks,

Mac

siamaksadjedi, Jan 27, 2021
  4. zinou Win User

how to prevent windows performance analyser trace files from being created

Start-up and After sleep takes forever along with software

Ok,

I suggest you doing two things:

1. take a boot trace, to see what's happen in the post boot phase
    2. Take a trace to measure the startup time of chrome

1. The boot trace:

1. Open a command line as an Administrator (Run As Administrator)
    2. Type the following command in the command line Windows: cd %programfiles(x86)%\Windows Kits\10\Windows Performance Toolkit
    3. Type the following command to start recording the boot trace: wpr -start GeneralProfile -start CPU -onoffscenario Boot -onoffresultspath c:\wpr -numiterations 1 -filemode
    4. Compress the .ETL file generated under the C:\WPR path (very important)

2. Measure the Chrome startup time:

After the boot trace ended, process the following steps:

• Type this command "wpr -start generalprofile -start CPU"; this will start trace recording.
    • While recording the trace, open Chrome
    • After chrome is started, type this command to stop trace recording "wpr -stop %userprofile%\desktop\MyTrace.etl". The trace file will be created on your desktop.
    • Compress the resulting file (Important)

Upload the two trace files on WeTransfer and share the link

zinou, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

how to prevent windows performance analyser trace files from being created

1. how to prevent windows performance analyser trace files from being created - Similar Threads - prevent performance analyser

2. Analyse dump file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Analyse dump file: Please can someone analyse my memory dump regarding my computer crashing. 061023-8937-01.dmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/analyse-dump-file/7ac502b1-486c-4324-8e75-093baa2e95b3
  3. How to disable Windows Thumbs.db files from being created

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Windows Thumbs.db files from being created: [ATTACH]If you want to disable Windows Thumbs.db files from being created on Windows 11/10, here is how you can do that. It is possible to prevent this particular file from being created with the help of the Local Group Policy Editor and the Registry Editor. Thumbs.db files...
  4. How to prevent Windows 10 from creating a OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to prevent Windows 10 from creating a OneDrive folder: I unlinked my PC from OneDrive, uninstalled OneDrive, changed the default location of all files so they are not going to the OneDrive folder, I even deleted the OneDrive folder. But with Windows update and even when I run SFC /SCANNOW, the OneDrive folder magically...
  5. How to Time Boot & perform a Boot Trace in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Time Boot & perform a Boot Trace in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit aka Windows ADK offers a performance analysis tool—xbootmgr—that […] This article How to Time Boot & perform a Boot Trace in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. How to prevent PIN from constantly being disabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent PIN from constantly being disabled: Every time my laptop's battery dies, and sometimes even when it doesn't, my computer restarts and PIN login is disabled for 2 hours. My account password is a super pain to type in, so I always hate when this happens. Is there a way I can make the login screen more permissive...
  7. How to prevent Windows 10 from creating metadata?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent Windows 10 from creating metadata?: I guess the title says it all but here's an example: I want to create a (.txt) file on my machine on my user but I don't want Windows to store extra information such as my user name. So, anyone has any idea how to achieve this OTHER than MANUALLY deleting the metadata...
  8. Analysing dump file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Analysing dump file: hi, I have recently been getting a lot of BSODs. I posted a thread some time ago to analyze one and the person said to run driver verifier and upload another dump file after it crashes again and gave me this link to follow to set it up...
  9. How To Prevent M.S. Update From Being Installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How To Prevent M.S. Update From Being Installed: If M.S. has downloaded a "Feature" update, but it has yet been installed, is there a way to make sure M.S. will not automatically install it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-prevent-ms-update-from-being-installed/deb29b53-ce97-47ac-8cc2-f8125e5c11c5
  10. How to trace what prevented Windows from shutting down at all?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to trace what prevented Windows from shutting down at all?: Windows 10 10586.545 After closing all applications the way it should (File->Exit) it happens that Windows does not shut down at all. It does not go any further that this 'Shutting down" screen. Nothing is happening, not after 1 hour, 2 hours. Usually I shut down and...