Windows 10: How to prevent Windows to call .exe via DCOM WIN10

Discus and support How to prevent Windows to call .exe via DCOM WIN10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi team,I have a program let's call it Dad that works as a windows service and that service calls another program let's call it child if it notices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dean_365, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Dean_365 Win User

How to prevent Windows to call .exe via DCOM WIN10

Hi team,I have a program let's call it Dad that works as a windows service and that service calls another program let's call it child if it notices it's down for any reason.So Dad runs as a service, we restart Dad Service and it calls Child.exe which works as designed.In my logs, I will have Dad.exe as the parent process for Child.exeI have two specific classes that can allow Windows to call Child.exe by DCOM. I have configured DCOM settings to prevent Local Launch and Remote Launch by setting it to Deny. If I create an object that sends a message to one of the classes that have DCOM setti

:)

Dean_365, Jun 27, 2022
  2. donli Win User

DUplicate rundll32.exe in DCOM

Wondering could it be possible to get rid of the duplicate rundll32.exe entry from dcom. When opening dcom warning is shown (have clicked no recording).

How to prevent Windows to call .exe via DCOM WIN10 [​IMG]

How to prevent Windows to call .exe via DCOM WIN10 [​IMG]

donli, Jun 27, 2022
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 27, 2022
  4. donli Win User

DUplicate rundll32.exe in DCOM

Hi again,

unfortunally I stucked in the same error again.
    Now clean install build 1909.
    When windows Bluetooth is turned off no DCOM and BTHUSB warnings at all, so I disconnected built-in BT device and installed CSR Harmony driver, using USB BT dongle. CSR functions as standalone app, Windows BT is not available. Bluetooth headphones are connected and functions correctly.

No warnings only error at shutdown/restart

Error DistributedCOM 10005
    DCOM got error "1115" attempting to start the service CsrBtService with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:
    {BFF6845D-E49A-4A99-9609-418ED36F1C54}

Any suggestions please.

donli, Jun 27, 2022
Thema:

1. How to prevent Windows to call .exe via DCOM WIN10 - Similar Threads - prevent call exe

2. How to prevent Windows to call .exe via DCOM WIN10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent Windows to call .exe via DCOM WIN10: Hi team,I have a program let's call it Dad that works as a windows service and that service calls another program let's call it child if it notices it's down for any reason.So Dad runs as a service, we restart Dad Service and it calls Child.exe which works as designed.In my...
  3. How to prevent Windows to call .exe via DCOM WIN10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent Windows to call .exe via DCOM WIN10: Hi team,I have a program let's call it Dad that works as a windows service and that service calls another program let's call it child if it notices it's down for any reason.So Dad runs as a service, we restart Dad Service and it calls Child.exe which works as designed.In my...
  4. Win10 Log in: SS3Svc32.exe

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Log in: SS3Svc32.exe: Hi All: when i turn my desktop PC on every day, this strange request comes on: it is an ".exe" file with the name: SS3Svc32.exe it comes on EVERYTIME i turn the PC on. may i ask if this is ok or something is wrong please? why is it asking me this each time? thank...
  5. How to prevent windows defender from deleting exe files automatically in *Windows 8**

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to prevent windows defender from deleting exe files automatically in *Windows 8**: I don't know what to do. It deletes GTA 4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-prevent-windows-defender-from-deleting-exe/397f8d1c-cb85-4c8b-b573-2de844228eb5
  6. DUplicate rundll32.exe in DCOM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DUplicate rundll32.exe in DCOM: Wondering could it be possible to get rid of the duplicate rundll32.exe entry from dcom. When opening dcom warning is shown (have clicked no recording). [img] [img] 138478
  7. Important Problem: How To Prevent App From Calling Home?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Important Problem: How To Prevent App From Calling Home?: Hey guys, this may make me come across as paranoid, but this is an important problem for me so I hope you can appreciate that. I just wanted to know if this was possible: Let's say I'm browsing a website that requires me to login and give the website permission to...
  8. Prevent Win10 Anniversairy Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Prevent Win10 Anniversairy Update?: Hello, so i woke up 2days ago with my laptop (Alienware 15r2) in bootloop while not having done anything so i assume windows forced an update on me. While i got the loop fixed, my AZERTY keyboard was changed to QWERTY(no way to change it even when changing the keyboard...
  9. Runtime error of rundll32.exe on Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Runtime error of rundll32.exe on Win10: Has anyone met this issue? It came sometimes, but I don't know why it happens. [img] 59047
  10. Windows Update preventing win10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update preventing win10 upgrade: Toshiba Satelite Originally Vista, Upgraded to Win 7 Pro (32bit) SP1. Celeron Dual Core T3000 @ 1.80GHz 4GB RAM Background A few weeks ago the laptop's power seemed to just 'die' when booting up. When handed over to me, I managed to get Startup recovery running....