Windows 10: How to prevent Windows10 create ”Windows Boot Manager“ boot option?

Discus and support How to prevent Windows10 create ”Windows Boot Manager“ boot option? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use Windows To Go,and I always choose the storage device in UEFI to boot Windows directly,so the ”Windows Boot Manager“ boot option is redundant.But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by halala(), Feb 17, 2019.

1. halala() Win User

How to prevent Windows10 create ”Windows Boot Manager“ boot option?

I use Windows To Go,and I always choose the storage device in UEFI to boot Windows directly,so the ”Windows Boot Manager“ boot option is redundant.But after I deleted the ”Windows Boot Manager“ boot option,Windows will recreate it when the system start.So does anyone know how to prevent this behavior?

The solution which I need can be not perfect,for example,deleting some files to make this function error occur,as long as ”Windows Boot Manager“ boot option no longer display.Thanks.

:)

halala(), Feb 17, 2019

2. Windows boot manager

There could be some system conflict triggered after the said changes. To help you with your concern, we suggest that you perform a clean boot. A
    clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This will help to determine what is causing the issue on the Windows boot manager. To do this, click on this
    link and scroll down to the
    How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a clean boot section then follow the steps listed..

Note: If the installation is successful and the issue has been resolved. Please go through the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual” to reset your computer to the normal startup.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Josef Bri Win User
    Re: All boot options are tried...

Hi Elda,

If the boot sequence didn't work, then we suggest try running the laptop in safe mode. To do this, here's a few steps to follow:

• Power down your laptop.
    • Turn it back on again.
    • When you turn it back on, press F8 repeatedly until the power on option appeared.
    • If you see the boot option "Safe Mode with Networking", choose that option.
    • See if you can boot up in Safe mode.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Feb 17, 2019
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Boot loop after performing System Reset.

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the boot loop issue, let me assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and perform automatic repair using Media creation tool and check if it helps.

Step 1: Create ISO for Windows 10

Refer to the below link to create Windows 10 ISO.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Step 2: Perform an Automatic repair

The Automatic repair can detect and fix the issues that prevent the computer from working normally. After you have a Windows 10 installation disc/USB, follow these steps:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be F12.

• The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.

• Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to CD\DVD ROM (in case you create DVD). Select USB in case you
      create USB.

• After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

• Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click Startup Repair.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

1. How to prevent Windows10 create ”Windows Boot Manager“ boot option? - Similar Threads - prevent Windows10 create

2. Why is windows boot manager not showing up in my boot options?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is windows boot manager not showing up in my boot options?: I try to boot my computer and it says reboot and select proper boot device. When I go to my bios what usually shows windows boot manager along with my ssd and hdd isn’t there. Now it is only showing my ssd and hdd and neither are being able to boot....
  3. Why is windows boot manager not showing up in my boot options?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is windows boot manager not showing up in my boot options?: I try to boot my computer and it says reboot and select proper boot device. When I go to my bios what usually shows windows boot manager along with my ssd and hdd isn’t there. Now it is only showing my ssd and hdd and neither are being able to boot....
  4. Why is windows boot manager not showing up in my boot options?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot: I used to have a dual-boot with Manjaro and Win10 1909, but decided to stick with Windows for the time being and removed the dual boot and deleted the Manjaro partition. However, Manjaro still appeared in my boot options. I recently tried to create another dual-boot with 2...
  6. No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot

No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot: I used to have a dual-boot with Manjaro and Win10 1909, but decided to stick with Windows for the time being and removed the dual boot and deleted the Manjaro partition. However, Manjaro still appeared in my boot options. I recently tried to create another dual-boot with 2...
  7. No boot options after creating Windows dual-boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows boot option disappearing from boot manager

Windows boot option disappearing from boot manager: Hi! Today I updated windows 10 on my asus vivobook pro n580-gd, the update only had an update and restart option and no update and shut down option which I normally use since I have a dual boot. I have windows on one ssd drive and linux on another. Since the windows update...
  9. booting windows10

booting windows10: when I boot my windows10 machine the first screen I get is "Choose your keyboard layout". This and other "stopcode"s have been happening more and more recently. How do I get past the choose your keyboard layout question?...
  10. How to add more than default windows 10 boot by creating boot option?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to add more than default windows 10 boot by creating boot option?: How to add more than default Windows 10 boot by creating a boot option on the OS startup ? The OS booting in a partition lettered C as usual [img] Now a partition, lettered E:, is readily prepared to launch the windows 10 installation in typical size around 3.3 GB...