Windows 10: How to prevent WSL2 to get suspended while goes into "sleep mode"?

Discus and support How to prevent WSL2 to get suspended while goes into "sleep mode"? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello. I set up my WSL2 for local SSH server so I can connect into it from any device.But WSL2 got suspended when Windows goes into "sleep" mode, like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Hendra Manudinata, Sep 8, 2021.

1. How to prevent WSL2 to get suspended while goes into "sleep mode"?

Hello. I set up my WSL2 for local SSH server so I can connect into it from any device.But WSL2 got suspended when Windows goes into "sleep" mode, like the other apps do. How we can prevent it from being suspended even in "sleep mode"?My laptop specs, if necessary:- Acer Aspire 5 A514-54G i7 11th / 8GB RAM / 512GB SSD- Windows 10 Home Edition, preinstall from OEM Acer

:)

Hendra Manudinata, Sep 8, 2021
  2. Flaviu2 Win User

WSL2 for windows

I have failed into installing WSL for Windows. I have read here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win.../install-win10 how to do it, and at step 4:

1. Download the latest package:
      [COLOR=var(--text)][COLOR=var(--info-dark)] Note[/COLOR]
      If you're using an ARM64 machine, please download the ARM64 package instead. If you're not sure what kind of machine you have, open Command Prompt or PowerShell and enter: systeminfo | find "System Type".
      [/COLOR]
    2. Run the update package downloaded in the previous step. (Double-click to run - you will be prompted for elevated permissions, select ‘yes’ to approve this installation.)

I encountered:

How to prevent WSL2 to get suspended while goes into "sleep mode"? [​IMG]

and

What I did wrong ? I have the following W10 version:

Another question: am I in the the right forum ?

Flaviu2, Sep 8, 2021
  3. 2004 after sleep mode crash if enable wsl2 (hyper-v)

CPU: Ryzen 3700x

if enable hyper-v (wsl2) - system crash after restore from sleep mode. Kernel power event #41.

If i disabled hypervisorlaunchtype from auto to off - sleep work correct.

All drivers update.

second OS 1903 - work correct.

EugeneKrivoruchko, Sep 8, 2021
  4. How to prevent WSL2 to get suspended while goes into "sleep mode"?

Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 8, 2021
Thema:

How to prevent WSL2 to get suspended while goes into "sleep mode"?

1. How to prevent WSL2 to get suspended while goes into "sleep mode"? - Similar Threads - prevent WSL2 suspended

2. Windows 10 goes to sleep mode while checking disk at start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 goes to sleep mode while checking disk at start: Hi,I am having an issue with the Windows 10, While performing the disk checking at the start after showing the windows logo after almost completion of stage 1 phase 2, Windows goes to sleep mode. Later, it requires to press the power button and start again as when I resume...
  3. Windows 10 goes to sleep mode while checking disk at start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 goes to sleep mode while checking disk at start: Hi,I am having an issue with the Windows 10, While performing the disk checking at the start after showing the windows logo after almost completion of stage 1 phase 2, Windows goes to sleep mode. Later, it requires to press the power button and start again as when I resume...
  4. Laptop goes randomly into sleep mode while being used.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop goes randomly into sleep mode while being used.: Hi, I have a problem where my ASUS laptop goes randomly into sleep/power-reserve mode. While in it, the screen turns off, fans go quite, but the keys still light up. I can turn the laptop back on within seconds just by pressing any key, which is easy and fast, but still...
  5. Laptop goes randomly into sleep mode while being used.

Laptop goes randomly into sleep mode while being used.: Hi, I have a problem where my ASUS laptop goes randomly into sleep/power-reserve mode. While in it, the screen turns off, fans go quite, but the keys still light up. I can turn the laptop back on within seconds just by pressing any key, which is easy and fast, but still...
  6. Laptop goes randomly into sleep mode while being used.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. WSL2 prevents laptop from waking back from sleep

WSL2 prevents laptop from waking back from sleep: My Zephyrus G15 laptop is about 2 months old now, and yesterday, I activated WSL2Windows Subsystem for Linux and installed Ubuntu 20.04 from Windows Store. Immediately after, I installed ROS, CUDA toolkit 11.1, KDE desktop and xrdp, and also VcXsrv. Now, everything works fine...
  8. Laptop goes to sleep mode while working randomly and continuously

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop goes to sleep mode while working randomly and continuously: Hi Team, I'm using Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series laptop. I've noticed that my laptop goes to sleep mode randomly even if its in use. I tried to login after a few seconds again it will go to sleep mode. I'm unable to work due to this issue. It was repeatedly happening....
  9. monitor goes into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    monitor goes into sleep mode: If I'm starting up my PC from sleep mode, my monitor goes into sleep mode 5 - 10 seconds after it gets going. If I'm turning on my PC, this isn't an issue; it works fine. My graphics card is up to date. Help!...
  10. Goes out of sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Goes out of sleep mode: Dear forum Does any one else use the sleep mode function? When using mine, well then it works, also when starting it up again. My problem is that if i want to go to bed, and put sleep mode on, then it turns on by it self after a while. Yesterday evening it did it after...