Windows 10: How to print a list of folder contents in the Document Manager

Discus and support How to print a list of folder contents in the Document Manager in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; If I open a folder in the Microsoft File Manager, how to print a list of that folder's content. I'm getting tired of taking screen shots and lining... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lidia F., Feb 3, 2020.

1. Lidia F. Win User

How to print a list of folder contents in the Document Manager

If I open a folder in the Microsoft File Manager, how to print a list of that folder's content. I'm getting tired of taking screen shots and lining them up in a WORD document but cannot find a way to simply print a list from within File Manager. I need a hard copy, not a link! For those who may have forgotten, hard copy = paper copy. :-

:)

Lidia F., Feb 3, 2020
  2. RCNorth Win User

how to print list of contents in a folder?

RCNorth, Feb 3, 2020
  3. RCNorth Win User

The Source drive is 2 TB, formatted in 2 partitions.

What I want to do is copy & paste (or move) the contents of a drive to another 1 TB drive,

to prepare for changing the size of the first partition on the Source drive.

I also want to do this a few megabytes at a time (instead of several GB) to allow for personal breaks. (instead of 23 hours)

My steps so far:

a. choose a folder or a folder within a folder, then - b.
    print the list of folders (and or files) in that selected folder.

Then,

c. choose a folder (on a different drive on the same machine), then - d.
    Print the list of contents on that drive

e. Visually compare the lists (I don't want to lose any files.)

Having found the "remaining items" on Disk one,

f. select some and copy - g. view the proper folder on Disk two - h. Paste

Repeat 1 & 2, until the partition on Disk One is empty

4. When the steps above are completed,

i Delete the partition on Disk One - j. Expand the other partition on Disk One to the whole disk

RCNorth, Feb 3, 2020
  4. How to print a list of folder contents in the Document Manager

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

How to print a list of folder contents in the Document Manager

1. How to print a list of folder contents in the Document Manager - Similar Threads - print list folder

2. List folder contents only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    List folder contents only: Hello,Is there any possible way to set permissions to a folder for "list folder contents" only? I've tried with icacls commands which I read somewhere that could work, like: icacls "{folder}" /grant:r {user or group}:CIRC,RD,RA,REA,X,GR and icacls "{folder}" /grant:r {user or...
  3. List folder contents only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    List folder contents only: Hello,Is there any possible way to set permissions to a folder for "list folder contents" only? I've tried with icacls commands which I read somewhere that could work, like: icacls "{folder}" /grant:r {user or group}:CIRC,RD,RA,REA,X,GR and icacls "{folder}" /grant:r {user or...
  4. List folder contents only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Documents folder and contents completely missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder and contents completely missing: My documents folder has completely vanished without explanation. It is not in the recycle bin nor are its contents, but the entire folder including all contents is completely gone. The shortcut on the side of the File Explorer is still there, but when I click on it I get a...
  6. Documents folder and contents completely missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents folder and contents completely missing: My documents folder has completely vanished without explanation. It is not in the recycle bin nor are its contents, but the entire folder including all contents is completely gone. The shortcut on the side of the File Explorer is still there, but when I click on it I get a...
  7. Microsoft print to PDF changes document content

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft print to PDF changes document content: Hello All, A user has reported that printing from a software and using Microsoft Print to PDF, caused content that displayed correctly on screen to change, see examples below: Example 1: 287 was changed 207 Example 2: Page number 18 on screen got changed to 10 Example...
  8. How do I copy the contents of the Documents folder to another folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I copy the contents of the Documents folder to another folder: I'm asking how to copy the contents of the Documents folder to another folder, not move the folder, itself. The Documents folder seems to have a special status, and the normal copy-paste approach seems to only work for a limited number of folders at one time. Unusual things...
  9. Lost documents folder contents

Lost documents folder contents: Hi, after an automatic Windows 10 update all my documents vanished from the Documents folder - I now believe this was because a temporary profile was set up. Unfortunately I found my documents and returned them to the "new" documents folder. After re-booting, the temporary...
  10. Print content of files in a folder

Print content of files in a folder: I'm looking for a way to print the content of files (not a list of the files) that I have placed in a folder that I created, without opening each file individually....