Windows 10: How to Print in Color

Discus and support How to Print in Color in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't figure out how to print colour from my laptop. It's printing photos in black and white but documents I can print in colour. Can anyone help?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lisajs..., Mar 27, 2020.

1. lisajs... Win User

How to Print in Color

I can't figure out how to print colour from my laptop. It's printing photos in black and white but documents I can print in colour. Can anyone help? i'm sure its an easy fix but just can't figure it out! Thanks

[Original Title: Colour printing]

:)

lisajs..., Mar 27, 2020
  2. Rick2021 Win User

Color printing

I would suggest the following steps:

In Word, click on "File" - "Options".

Click on "Display" - Select the box which says "Print background colors and images".

Click Ok to save the settings and then try to print.

Rick2021, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Print in color

I've tried this'

but there is no print color to choose!

Change the bellow settings to print in color.

1. Open Devices and Printers by clicking the Start button , and then, on the Start menu, clicking Devices and Printers.
    2. Right-click the printer that you want to use, and then click Printing preferences.
    3. Make your choices, and then click OK.
    4. Under option Print color select color , then the OK button.

ChristinaTracy1, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

How to Print in Color

Surface Pro won't print in color

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while trying to print in color while using Surface Pro.​​ As you have mentioned that you are able to print in greyscale, it is possible that printer settings are set to print in greyscale. We will certainly assist
    you with this issue.

However, we would like to know the details requested below:

• What is the make and model of the printer that you are using?
    • Which application are you are using to print?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?

I would suggest you to check the printing preferences and check if the Print in Gray Scale option is enabled. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type control printers and click on
      OK.
    3. Right click on the Printer that you are using, and select
      Printing Preferences.
    4. Navigate to the Color tab and select the option
      Print in color. (If you do not see Color tab, you may want to check the
      Advanced options and check if Print in Grayscale is
      off.)
    5. Click on OK and check if you are able to print in color.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

How to Print in Color

1. How to Print in Color - Similar Threads - Print Color

2. Printer stopped printing in color from PC but does ok from IPhone, IPad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer stopped printing in color from PC but does ok from IPhone, IPad: Printer stopped printing in color from PC but does ok from IPhone, IPad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-stopped-printing-in-color-from-pc-but-does/6e513be1-0f31-487a-abaa-1142e5cd0f9f
  3. Printer stopped printing in color from PC but does ok from IPhone, IPad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer stopped printing in color from PC but does ok from IPhone, IPad: Printer stopped printing in color from PC but does ok from IPhone, IPad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-stopped-printing-in-color-from-pc-but-does/6e513be1-0f31-487a-abaa-1142e5cd0f9f
  4. Printer stopped printing in color from PC but does ok from IPhone, IPad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Excel Worksheet will not print in color; my printer is set up for color.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel Worksheet will not print in color; my printer is set up for color.: My Excel worksheet will not print out in color for the cells that show up in color. My printer and the worksheet parameters are set for color. What am I missing?...
  6. Excel Worksheet will not print in color; my printer is set up for color.

Excel Worksheet will not print in color; my printer is set up for color.: My Excel worksheet will not print out in color for the cells that show up in color. My printer and the worksheet parameters are set for color. What am I missing?...
  7. Epson XP-7100 won't print black unless color ink tanks are full, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson XP-7100 won't print black unless color ink tanks are full, Windows 11: Upgrading to Windows 11 has bricked by Epson XP-7100 printer. I only want to print black documents, and my black ink tank is full. But I'm getting a "no toner/ink" error because a couple of color tanks are empty. I used to be able to print in black on prior Windows versions...
  8. Epson XP-7100 won't print black unless color ink tanks are full, Windows 11

Epson XP-7100 won't print black unless color ink tanks are full, Windows 11: Upgrading to Windows 11 has bricked by Epson XP-7100 printer. I only want to print black documents, and my black ink tank is full. But I'm getting a "no toner/ink" error because a couple of color tanks are empty. I used to be able to print in black on prior Windows versions...
  9. My Dell laptop and my hp envy 7645 have stopped wkg together. Printer only prints color...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Dell laptop and my hp envy 7645 have stopped wkg together. Printer only prints color...: My Dell laptop and my hp envy 7645 have stopped wkg together. Printer only prints color and when info is black it is blank. Ink is full. Have checked everything etc...
  10. My Dell laptop and my hp envy 7645 have stopped wkg together. Printer only prints color...

My Dell laptop and my hp envy 7645 have stopped wkg together. Printer only prints color...: My Dell laptop and my hp envy 7645 have stopped wkg together. Printer only prints color and when info is black it is blank. Ink is full. Have checked everything etc...