Windows 10: How to produce BSOD data for posting here if Win 10 will not boot?

Discus and support How to produce BSOD data for posting here if Win 10 will not boot? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My 64-bit Windows 10 Pro 1809 system has been booting and working fine. Then I created a clone of the entire system disk (120 GB Samsung SSD) using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Thenin, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Thenin Win User

How to produce BSOD data for posting here if Win 10 will not boot?

My 64-bit Windows 10 Pro 1809 system has been booting and working fine. Then I created a clone of the entire system disk (120 GB Samsung SSD) using Acronis Disk Director 12.5 booted from a flash drive. When this was finished, I removed the backup device and the DD flash drive and rebooted.

Now I always get a BSOD "IO1 Initialization Failed" *Mad. Every time. Even if I remove all other peripherals except the same old USB keyboard and mouse.

To state the obvious, I made ZERO changes. No driver changes, no hardware changes, nothing. But of course I must emphatically SCREAM: *Eek "Windows 10 1809 is the foulest, MOST bug-ridden piece of binary excrement in software history!"

For example, there's the absurdly evil "enhancement" to the file association configuration system (one must calculate one's own hash values to change many default file associations in the registry - unless you have special software to do it). Then there's the non-stop catastrophe of bugs that includes:

(1) Random flashing of windows and the task bar.
    (2) Random flashing of "Not Responding" in application window title bar every half-second or so.
    (3) Application windows that will not show up when you press its task bar item.
    (4) Disappearing application windows that you cannot restore, even if you try to cascade or tile them.

I won't go on. I've tried all the suggested solutions: Disabling various services, disabling various drivers, disabling various Windows features, such as mouse stuff and easy access stuff, and every other suggestion I've found. A few of those have produced small or moderate improvements, but all of these issues still occur - VERY OFTEN!

Anyway, I've read the BSOD posting instructions, but they do not cover how to obtain the information in question if the OS won't boot at all (due to the "IO1 Initialization Failed" BSOD). Should I try to force a Safe Mode boot by resetting the computer three times? Or should I boot up the MS Win 10 install drive? If the latter, what extra operations/steps/commands must I perform in order to obtain the correct info to post?

And may I suggest that this situation be covered in the BSOD Posting Instructions stickie?

Thanks

:)

Thenin, Dec 18, 2018

2. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about POST/boot/no video problems! - Systems

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Dec 18, 2018
  3. NGeo Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

4. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

1. How to produce BSOD data for posting here if Win 10 will not boot? - Similar Threads - produce BSOD data

2. `Sync Email. First Post Here

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    `Sync Email. First Post Here: I want to sync my Lap Top to my Android Mobile. Has someone got a link where I can start to learn. Outlook in particular. Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-email-first-post-here/1c460e09-764d-4667-846d-9276325e6420
  3. Post problem reports here for Batch files for use in BSOD debugging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Post problem reports here for Batch files for use in BSOD debugging: Use this thread to report any problems you find with any of the batch scripts in Batch files for use in BSOD debugging or if you have a suggestion. 166261
  4. How do you find a question on here that you posted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you find a question on here that you posted: I have Windows 10, 64 bit. How do you find a question that you posted in this website? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-find-a-question-on-here-that-you-posted/a06c7717-657f-415e-a57a-c24bc7d6e45e
  5. Data Lost Automatically Post Re-boot - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Lost Automatically Post Re-boot - Windows 10: Hi All, OS: Windows 10 Machine: HP EliteBook Issue: I have lost 200 GB of data stored on the desktop, post re-boot the data is gone. The drive shows free space, the recovery tools are only showing a fraction of this data but 99% is irrecoverable. The data included...
  6. Produce Key for Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Produce Key for Win 10 Pro: I purchased from Microsoft store on April 11 of this year. A couple of days ago, I have a message at the bottom right of my screen that tells me I need to Activate Window. In settings, It prompts me to put my key in. I can't find it. Where can I find it?...
  7. Win 10 & Mouse (2nd posting)

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 & Mouse (2nd posting): My original post was marked solved in error. It concerned how to program the extra buttons provided on my Microsoft 5000 mouse. TC had been helping me. At first I was given a link to the mouse manual. It turns out that that manual was for a "Bluetooth notebook mouse". I have...
  8. Computer freezes, no BSOD. Should I post it here?

Computer freezes, no BSOD. Should I post it here?: My PC freezes pretty much every day. I have to do a hard restart; task manager does not work when it is frozen. I get no BSOD. Should I post in this thread or another? 77025
  9. How to create a data backup in Win 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to create a data backup in Win 10: When I was on Win 7, I used Norton Security Suite that included backup tools that I used to backup all my data. I'm now on Win 10 and have decided to use the MS security tools instead of Norton (not sure if this is a good idea or not so feel free to chime in). I think Win 10...
  10. Ok to post Explorer.exe crash dumps here? It is not a BSOD

Ok to post Explorer.exe crash dumps here? It is not a BSOD: Ok to post Explorer.exe crash dumps here? It is not a BSOD 101351