Windows 10: How to program F keys to open a specific program in windows 10

Discus and support How to program F keys to open a specific program in windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to program a key such as F-1 to open a specific program in windows 10. Version 8.1 had a Hot Key utility but unable to locate this in 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RJ Balint, Oct 25, 2020.

1. RJ Balint Win User

How to program F keys to open a specific program in windows 10

How to program a key such as F-1 to open a specific program in windows 10. Version 8.1 had a Hot Key utility but unable to locate this in 10.

:)

RJ Balint, Oct 25, 2020
  2. WiIfred P Win User

how to set open images with specific program

Hi Alan,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about opening images with a specific program.

To do that, you would need to right-click on the image that you want to open and on the menu choose "Open With". If the program that you wanted to use is not on the list, click on "Choose Another App", scroll down and then click on "More Apps"

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Upgraded to Windows Pro 10 and Fonts in my program too small to read

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that the issue of font size is specific to particular program.

This issue might have occurred due to incompatibility of the program on Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the program and install it in compatibility mode on Windows 10 and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Steps to Uninstall a program:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs and Features.
    • Right click on ArcGIS program, Click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated application from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right click the application
      installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.

• Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.

• Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.

• Try installing the application
      and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 25, 2020
  4. How to program F keys to open a specific program in windows 10

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

How to program F keys to open a specific program in windows 10

1. How to program F keys to open a specific program in windows 10 - Similar Threads - program keys open

2. Can't open specific program or uninstall it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open specific program or uninstall it.: I can't open some of program such as Steam, IDM, or install any program that just download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-specific-program-or-uninstall-it/5a6ffeca-30e6-436a-8726-bc3bae545c54
  3. Can't open specific program or uninstall it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open specific program or uninstall it.: I can't open some of program such as Steam, IDM, or install any program that just download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-specific-program-or-uninstall-it/5a6ffeca-30e6-436a-8726-bc3bae545c54
  4. Can't open specific program or uninstall it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How To Mute Specific Program With Shortcut Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Mute Specific Program With Shortcut Windows 10: I want to mute an spesific app with F7 shortcut i tried this it worked but i cant use when something else in fullscreen its create an desktop shortcut to mute but you cant use desktop shortcut with keyboard shortcut while something else in fullscreen. How can i solve this ???...
  6. How To Mute Specific Program With Shortcut Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Mute Specific Program With Shortcut Windows 10: I want to mute an spesific app with F7 shortcut i tried this it worked but i cant use when something else in fullscreen its create an desktop shortcut to mute but you cant use desktop shortcut with keyboard shortcut while something else in fullscreen. How can i solve this ???...
  7. How To Mute Specific Program With Shortcut Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. windows 10 for a specific program

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 for a specific program: I use windows 7 on all computers. down the line I MAY need to use w10. but it wont be connected to the internet. possible? submitted by /u/tragically_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tk8xj9/windows_10_for_a_specific_program/
  9. How to stop a specific program from opening the browser?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop a specific program from opening the browser?: I am using GOM player as a media player, I am super comfortable with it that I don't want to ever change it, but it has one annoying feature which is opening their page on chrome after most of my watches (exactly when I close the GOM player window) How can I prevent only GOM...
  10. how to set open images with specific program

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to set open images with specific program: how to set the computer to open an image with a specific program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-open-images-with-specific-program/248067d7-ae51-4f44-a5dd-562f6779ab72