Windows 10: How to prohibit automatic update of win10 system?

Discus and support How to prohibit automatic update of win10 system? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How to prohibit automatic update of win10 system? My current computer system is win7, I want to buy windows 10 software, but I heard that win10 system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by huazhou, May 8, 2019.

1. huazhou Win User

How to prohibit automatic update of win10 system?

My current computer system is win7, I want to buy windows 10 software, but I heard that win10 system will be updated automatically.

:)

huazhou, May 8, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, May 8, 2019
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile How to prohibit automatic update of win10 system? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, May 8, 2019
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, May 8, 2019
Thema:

1. How to prohibit automatic update of win10 system? - Similar Threads - prohibit automatic update

2. The system updates the drivers, although the settings prohibit auto update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system updates the drivers, although the settings prohibit auto update: It is very specific for me to use windows. I only use this operating system at work, and that very rarely. There are a lot of problems that I have encountered, but one of them is the most fun. The microsoft developers seem to have some kind of black sense of humor if this...
  3. The system updates the drivers, although the settings prohibit auto update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system updates the drivers, although the settings prohibit auto update: It is very specific for me to use windows. I only use this operating system at work, and that very rarely. There are a lot of problems that I have encountered, but one of them is the most fun. The microsoft developers seem to have some kind of black sense of humor if this...
  4. The system updates the drivers, although the settings prohibit auto update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win10 automatic update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 automatic update.: Win10 automatic update is ver nightmare. It damge our graphic card & our projects delay. Tge automatic update should have the option to turn off always or ask before action. Computer is produce to support the human with improve work. But Microsoft let the computer control tge...
  6. Prohibited files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Prohibited files: Some emails i cannot open as it says prohibited file type The emails are from people I know & are not dangerous etc. some are pics from family !!! how can I stop this from happening...
  7. Malware in Disguised Installed Automatically without Prohibition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware in Disguised Installed Automatically without Prohibition: To : Microsoft team, Hi! Good Day! My name is Eddie Chew. I have an issue facing to be shared about among Microsoft team members. I have bought this laptop (Dell G3) on December 2018. After a period of usage, not beyond a month, it was corrupted, so I went back to the...
  8. prohibited file type

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    prohibited file type: How do I access files attached to emails that have been prohibited and deactivated ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prohibited-file-type/e267a077-3fc6-4814-b71f-41e2c8dcfe7a"
  9. Disabling automatic updates and restart on Win10 v1607

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disabling automatic updates and restart on Win10 v1607: Hello, I would like to know, does disabling automatic updates works on Windows 10 v1607 (Anniversary Update)? I would like to set it to ask me before installing updates. I tried set it via Edit group policy on Win10 Enterprise LTSB 2016 in Virtualbox but it seems it didnt...
  10. Offline automatomation by Win10 during automatic update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Offline automatomation by Win10 during automatic update: How to prevent Windows 10 putting itself offline while it performs automatic updates? 17 January 2017 Windows update ended up looping forever after it put itself offline by updating - without permision - the current working non MS net drivers to MS net drivers (which...