Windows 10: How to prohibit automatic update of win10 system?

Discus and support How to prohibit automatic update of win10 system? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How to prohibit automatic update of win10 system? My current computer system is win7, I want to buy windows 10 software, but I heard that win10 system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by huazhou, May 8, 2019.

1. huazhou Win User

How to prohibit automatic update of win10 system?

My current computer system is win7, I want to buy windows 10 software, but I heard that win10 system will be updated automatically.

:)

huazhou, May 8, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, May 8, 2019
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile How to prohibit automatic update of win10 system? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, May 8, 2019
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, May 8, 2019
Thema:

1. How to prohibit automatic update of win10 system? - Similar Threads - prohibit automatic update

2. Defender - How to update automatically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender - How to update automatically: I'd like to know how to configure Windows Defender to auto update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-how-to-update-automatically/2b446778-f4c8-4580-beaa-e5532f7f332f
  3. Malware in Disguised Installed Automatically without Prohibition

Malware in Disguised Installed Automatically without Prohibition: To : Microsoft team, Hi! Good Day! My name is Eddie Chew. I have an issue facing to be shared about among Microsoft team members. I have bought this laptop (Dell G3) on December 2018. After a period of usage, not beyond a month, it was corrupted, so I went back to the...
  4. How to set automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set automatic updates?: I want to turn on automatic updates on my laptop. I tried to turn ON but it doesn’t work and automatically gets turn OFF https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-automatic-updates/bfce7c41-23a2-4f4c-b656-d8f1a41d1b52
  5. prohibited file type

prohibited file type: How do I access files attached to emails that have been prohibited and deactivated ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prohibited-file-type/e267a077-3fc6-4814-b71f-41e2c8dcfe7a"
  6. How to prohibit Windows to connect to wi-fi with certain SSID?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to prohibit Windows to connect to wi-fi with certain SSID?: Windows all the time keeps connecting to certain open wifi networks that I do not know and do not intend to connect to. I would like to configure that the wifi adapter never connects to networks with certain SSID (effectively making a list of banned SSID's)....
  7. How to stop automatic updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop automatic updates: Early this year I had to replace my laptop which meant an enforced "upgrade" to Windows 10. Since then, on numerous occasions, I have been denied access to my machine by an automatic update process at the whim of the microsoft geeks; the much vaunted April Update prevented...
  8. Win10 Update download and system shutdown?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Update download and system shutdown?: What if someone shut down the computer without khnowing the computer is downloading or installing updates ?? Will those updates resume download once the system is powered back on? Or, should I just go to group policy and select notify for download and notify for install?...
  9. Disabling automatic updates and restart on Win10 v1607

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disabling automatic updates and restart on Win10 v1607: Hello, I would like to know, does disabling automatic updates works on Windows 10 v1607 (Anniversary Update)? I would like to set it to ask me before installing updates. I tried set it via Edit group policy on Win10 Enterprise LTSB 2016 in Virtualbox but it seems it didnt...
  10. Offline automatomation by Win10 during automatic update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Offline automatomation by Win10 during automatic update: How to prevent Windows 10 putting itself offline while it performs automatic updates? 17 January 2017 Windows update ended up looping forever after it put itself offline by updating - without permision - the current working non MS net drivers to MS net drivers (which...