Windows 10: How to prohibit Windows to connect to wi-fi with certain SSID?

Discus and support How to prohibit Windows to connect to wi-fi with certain SSID? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows all the time keeps connecting to certain open wifi networks that I do not know and do not intend to connect to. I would like to configure that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jindřich Vavruška, Aug 3, 2018.

1. How to prohibit Windows to connect to wi-fi with certain SSID?

Windows all the time keeps connecting to certain open wifi networks that I do not know and do not intend to connect to. I would like to configure that the wifi adapter never connects to networks with certain SSID (effectively making a list of banned SSID's).

:)

Jindřich Vavruška, Aug 3, 2018

2. Windows Wi-Fi connection problems to hidden SSID

This does not apply to any of our Windows 7 machines.

All of our Windows 10 computers that use a Wi-Fi network adapter have been having problems automatically connecting to our Wi-Fi networks with hidden SSIDs. We have many locations, none of which are broadcasting the SSID. All of the profiles are setup to
    automatically connect. In the network settings, when you view known networks, they are listed. But they will not connect unless you re-add them manually, creating duplicate entries. We cannot have our staff manually connecting to hidden networks every time
    they show up a location. For security reasons, we are not broadcasting our SSID and handing out our network passwords.

I brought back some of these computers to our test lab. I followed the steps provided by the Microsoft support forum, which said I need to uninstall the device in device manager and restart the computer. This did not resolve the issue.

Our lab has most of the SSIDs setup, but again they are hidden. The computers do not automatically connect to them. In fact the SSIDs are not showing up on the list of available networks, as they do in Windows 7. As soon as I start to broadcast the SSID,
    the computers start to connect. This only verifies that the profile and configurations are installed properly.

Has there been an update that may have caused this issue. This previously has not been an issue.

DougVillaire, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Marivel Man, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Ras Krash Win User

How to prohibit Windows to connect to wi-fi with certain SSID?

Wi-Fi SSID and Password Reset

Mi ave been using Huawei Mobile Partna Soft Wi-Fi Hotspot It di best Wi-Fi Hotspot inna one click, It happen mi figet Wi-fi
    Hotspot pon Settings Routa SSID an Password, Now gi
    Error; “Please enta propa password.’Second
    Wi-Fi Hotspt cya no Start gi
    Error; ‘Fail to start Wi-Fi Hotspot’

Ow mi cya Reset di SSID an Password an ow mi cya mek Hotspot Start?

tank yuh inna advance

Ras Krash, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

How to prohibit Windows to connect to wi-fi with certain SSID?

1. How to prohibit Windows to connect to wi-fi with certain SSID? - Similar Threads - prohibit connect certain

2. Wi-Fi Connects only to certain websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi Connects only to certain websites: So my Wi-Fi allows me to only connect to certain websites. Some websites take time to load and others work fine.A few days ago, I was able to connect to the Wi-Fi network, but Windows said I had no Internet connection. I reset my network in the settings app and this problem...
  3. Wi-Fi Connects only to certain websites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi Connects only to certain websites: So my Wi-Fi allows me to only connect to certain websites. Some websites take time to load and others work fine.A few days ago, I was able to connect to the Wi-Fi network, but Windows said I had no Internet connection. I reset my network in the settings app and this problem...
  4. Wi-Fi Connects only to certain websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Connecting to certain websites causes my Wi-fi connection to crash

Connecting to certain websites causes my Wi-fi connection to crash: Hi all, I was wondering if any of you has experienced this issue. When I try to access some websites while connected to my WiFi network, I get suddenly disconnected from the internet after a few seconds the page partially loads then stops. If I want to access other websites...
  6. Wi-Fi Connects only to certain websites

Wi-Fi Connects only to certain websites: So my Wi-Fi lets me connect only to certain websites. Some websites are slow to load and some work just fine. 1 I have ruled out problems due to drivers since I updated it and the problems persisted. 2 I have also ruled out problems with my ISP since the same network works...
  7. Wi-Fi with padlock icon prohibits to update friend's pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wi-Fi with padlock icon prohibits to update friend's pc: my friend had a broken Windows the other day and did a clean install of Windows. then, system downloaded the latest version, 2004. because of the "turns No-internet connection with padlock icon" bug, he can't use most of the Microsoft-related software. and he said "I...
  8. Wi Fi connections

Wi Fi connections: Hi there I have several computers of various ages all running windows 10 my newest computers seem to stay connected without issue my older comps microsoft surface core I7 8gig ram and my toshiba core I5 8gig ram both have lost connections from time to time and the...
  9. Wi Fi connections

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi Fi connections: My laptop connection to the WIFI hub disconnects when I connect an HP 1200 printer and vice versa. I can only use one or the other at one time. It was working fine until today and not sure what might have changed....
  10. Wi-Fi Connectivity

Wi-Fi Connectivity: After Windows 10 upgrade on my HP P7-1420t I lost my ability to connect to Wi-Fi. Network Adapters listed in Device Manager: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, Wan Miniports - IKEv2, IP, IPv6, L2TP, PPPOE, PPTP, SSTP and Network Monitor. Any help in regaining my Wi-Fi...