Windows 10: How to project to screen and use laptop for other purpose at once

Discus and support How to project to screen and use laptop for other purpose at once in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an Acer laptop and am running Windows 10. I am a high school teacher and I'm trying to project something onto the screen for the class to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alvallis, Jun 11, 2020.

1. alvallis Win User

How to project to screen and use laptop for other purpose at once

I have an Acer laptop and am running Windows 10. I am a high school teacher and I'm trying to project something onto the screen for the class to be watching and while that's happening I want to be able to work on the laptop on something else. So I've tried searching for how to split the screen etc but everything I try, when I actually project it, everything on my screen is projected. Can someone please help?

:)

alvallis, Jun 11, 2020

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to project PC screen to TV

Hi Pat,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• How are you trying to project the Laptop screen?
    • Are you receiving any error message?
    • Were you able to project the laptop screen to TV earlier?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks
    and check if that helps.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 11, 2020
  4. How to project to screen and use laptop for other purpose at once

Project Second screen constantly appearing.

Hi Norga,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Let us know some more information so that we can diagnose and troubleshoot the issue in a better way:

• what is the exact issue that you want us to help with? Do you want to get help in projecting a second screen or to remove the popup?
    • As you've said " I tried unsuccessfully to project a screen", do you wish to project a second screen currently?
    • What happened exactly when you tried to project a second screen? Did you receive any error message or any error code?
    The popup comes as the system might not be able to detect the monitors. I suggest you to update the Display drivers, it may force the system to detect the available monitors. Here is the steps:

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Locate the driver and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.

Reply with the information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

How to project to screen and use laptop for other purpose at once

1. How to project to screen and use laptop for other purpose at once - Similar Threads - project screen laptop

2. How to fix my laptop never leaving the _____ is about to project screen when using it as a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix my laptop never leaving the _____ is about to project screen when using it as a...: Recently I have been using my laptop as a second monitor to my desktop for when I'm at home and have access to my desktop. I have been using the wireless display app to achieve this, and most of the time my desktop has no issues seeing and connecting to my laptop, but the...
  3. How to fix my laptop never leaving the _____ is about to project screen when using it as a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix my laptop never leaving the _____ is about to project screen when using it as a...: Recently I have been using my laptop as a second monitor to my desktop for when I'm at home and have access to my desktop. I have been using the wireless display app to achieve this, and most of the time my desktop has no issues seeing and connecting to my laptop, but the...
  4. Project the screen on a laptop

Project the screen on a laptop: Hello, I would like to project my laptop screen to another laptop, I have enabled wireless display on my target computer. Then I did windows + p and selected wireless display, but unable to detect my target computer. What could I do? I have an HDMI jack on both computers but...
  5. Project the screen on a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Project the screen on a laptop: Hello, I would like to project my laptop screen to another laptop, I have enabled wireless display on my target computer. Then I did windows + p and selected wireless display, but unable to detect my target computer. What could I do? I have an HDMI jack on both computers but...
  6. Using laptop as second screen for pc. Projection is not supported

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using laptop as second screen for pc. Projection is not supported: Hello, I'm trying to use my laptop as a second screen for my desktop. However, there's a message in the settings for projection: "This device does not support wireless projection.... " There's no wireless adapter in my pc so I think that might be the issue here? I was...
  7. How to project to screen and use laptop for other purpose at once

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to project to screen and use laptop for other purpose at once: I have an Acer laptop and am running Windows 10. I am a high school teacher and I'm trying to project something onto the screen for the class to be watching and while that's happening I want to be able to work on the laptop on something else. So I've tried searching for how...
  8. Is there a shortcut to open at once, a number of Office documents, used in a project

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a shortcut to open at once, a number of Office documents, used in a project: I work on a number of tasks, better described as 'projects' For each of these projects I need to open one or two word documents, one or two spreadsheets, a PowerPoint presentation etc. Each document is in different Folders, however, on the same drive Now, every time I need...
  9. Saving Settings that were used for other project

Saving Settings that were used for other project: it is so tiring opening every photo and having to change again colors and type and colors 1 and 2 don't know what the useful of them anyway how can we depend on that app it lacks many many features ***Original title: how can i save settings for paint**...
  10. What is the purpose of "Other User" on the login screen (Domain Env)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    What is the purpose of "Other User" on the login screen (Domain Env): Laptops on Windows 10 Pro seems to show this useless "Other User" option which is defaulted. This requires people to click "Local or domain account password" in the lower left in order to be presented with fields for their username and password. Is there a way to eliminate...