Windows 10: How to propagate a registry key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Discus and support How to propagate a registry key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to HKEY_CURRENT_USER in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello I have a script that creates a registry key to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE HKLM. I try to use the feature that duplicates a registry key from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pekkapek, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Pekkapek Win User

How to propagate a registry key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to HKEY_CURRENT_USER

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]Hello[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]I have a script that creates a registry key to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE HKLM. I try to use the feature that duplicates a registry key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to HKEY_CURRENT_USER.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]The script is following.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1][COLOR=rgba153, 153, 136, 1]# Create registry key for all users in HKCU using registry key progation[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba74, 74, 74, 1][COLOR=rgba0, 128, 128, 1]$regPath[/COLOR] = [COLOR=rgba208, 16, 64, 1]'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\User Settings\MyCustomUserSettings\Create\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\General'[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba153, 153, 136, 1]# Supress file format prompt[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba0, 128, 128, 1]$name[/COLOR] = [COLOR=rgba208, 16, 64, 1]"ShownFileFmtPrompt"[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba0, 128, 128, 1]$value[/COLOR] = 1[COLOR=rgba0, 134, 179, 1]New-Item[/COLOR] -Path [COLOR=rgba0, 128, 128, 1]$regPath[/COLOR] -Force [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1][COLOR=rgba0, 134, 179, 1]New-ItemProperty[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba74, 74, 74, 1] [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba0, 128, 128, 1]$regPath[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba74, 74, 74, 1] -Name [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba0, 128, 128, 1]$name[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba74, 74, 74, 1] -Value [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba0, 128, 128, 1]$value[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba74, 74, 74, 1] -Force[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]The propagation seems not working. I started Word but the key is not present in HKEY_CURRENT_USER.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1] How to propagate a registry key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to HKEY_CURRENT_USER 76568d57-5855-4b03-a5cc-005a8362fd48?upload=true.jpg [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba51, 51, 51, 1]I use Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Any suggestions how to make the propagation to work?[/COLOR]

:)

Pekkapek, Apr 15, 2021
  2. budi Win User

Registry strange behavior in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\...

I tried to clear all contents of
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts
    then set security permission to logger user name () to be clear from:

• create key
    • set value
    and let it inherently apply to all keys under it

But it responds with icons flickering / blinking very often
    so I undo the security setting.. but while keeping on registry browsing under this key I came across:

1. The jpg filetype key and userchoice key were created
    2. On userchoice key the logging user () ACL was created, and
    3. It's set to DENY on SET VALUE !

How to propagate a registry key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to HKEY_CURRENT_USER [​IMG]

Is it windows 10 behavior or an intruder's been screwing up ?
    Please help me.. many thanks in advance

3. W1zzard Win User
    timeshift product key recovery

check the registry .. somewhere below hkey_local_machine/software and hkey_current_user/software

W1zzard, Apr 15, 2021
  4. asyntax Win User

ATITool registry key

Hello,

During ATITool installation, the following registry key was added to my registry:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}"

After uninstalling the program, this key remained. I tried to delete it through the registry editor but it returned the following error:

"Cannot delete {85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}: Error while deleting key."

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit by the way. I also tried to change permissions for the key and deleting in safe mode, but neither of those worked either.

Any ideas on how i can remove this key? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

asyntax, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

1. How to propagate a registry key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to HKEY_CURRENT_USER - Similar Threads - propagate registry key

2. How do I take ownership of the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I take ownership of the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows...: This is not working:Function Enable-Privilege { param [string[]]$Privileges try { $typeExists = [AppDomain]::CurrentDomain.GetAssemblies ForEach-Object {$_.GetExportedTypes Where-Object { $_.Name -eq "AdjPriv" }}; if $typeExists -eq $null { $Definition = @" using System;...
  3. What are these strange characters in the Registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are these strange characters in the Registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER?: What are these strange characters in the Registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER?×ÑÊ´ïA~[äGì¡“÷¯—¬Ã\ýYLì…eȨÕ{ܨWü¸_ÝLx3/xø https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-these-strange-characters-in-the-registry/aecc71c8-ee0b-4c67-bbf5-2a328fbc85d0
  4. What are these strange characters in the Registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are these strange characters in the Registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER?: What are these strange characters in the Registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER?×ÑÊ´ïA~[äGì¡“÷¯—¬Ã\ýYLì…eȨÕ{ܨWü¸_ÝLx3/xø https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-these-strange-characters-in-the-registry/aecc71c8-ee0b-4c67-bbf5-2a328fbc85d0
  5. Registry key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local...: I asked another question about this yesterday and another user responded, however I didn't get the answer I was looking for. They said that the key was legit, but he didn't know about it being in the "AppModel\PolicyCache" branch, so I wanted to know if it was a fake key or...
  6. Registry key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Registry key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local...: I asked another question about this yesterday and another user responded, however I didn't get the answer I was looking for. They said that the key was legit, but he didn't know about it being in the "AppModel\PolicyCache" branch, so I wanted to know if it was a fake key or...
  7. Registry key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft: Honestly, I mistakenly deleted the following files in windows 10:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MicrosoftHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MicrosoftAfter restarting my laptop, the windows can not run, showing the "Blue Screen".Also, I can not run the windows through "Safe Mode".How can...
  9. Registry subfolders empty in HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Registry subfolders empty in HKEY_CURRENT_USER: I was about to look through my registry to clean some old things up, but before I could I noticed that under HKEY_CURRENT_USER all the subfolders had weird titles as if using an incompatible font, and each contain an empty default registry. This is probably over a thousand...
  10. Can user create a registry key value under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE??

Can user create a registry key value under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE??: Hello, I am looking for a solution where a non admin PC should read a reagistry value "EnableSelectiveSuspend" under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\ROOT_HUB20\4&18851ac7&0\Device Parameters. But actually the value is not present when the Power...