Windows 10: How to properly change language?

Discus and support How to properly change language? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've got a fairly new Lenovo laptop (C340) with Windows 10 Home English version installed and since i would like to give it to my dad who doesn't speak... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TizioVerde, May 16, 2020.

1. How to properly change language?

I've got a fairly new Lenovo laptop (C340) with Windows 10 Home English version installed and since i would like to give it to my dad who doesn't speak a single english word i would like to change the OS language to Italian.

The problem is, even after changing the language in the settings, installing the language pack from the MS Store and changing settings in the old Control Panel a lot of things remain in English (e.g. the whole settings menu).

Is there any way to solve that? If i were to reinstall the same version of the OS (Home) in another language would i be able to keep using the same licence that came with the laptop?

submitted by /u/TizioVerde
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TizioVerde, May 16, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, May 16, 2020
  3. Language change

Hi Peter,

It could be that the language pack is missing on your Windows 10 device. With this, we suggest that you try to add the language on your device. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Under Language, select Add a language.

You may also check the Change input methods on which language are currently installed on your device. You may also click Add a language on the
    Change your language preferences window.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, May 16, 2020
  4. How to properly change language?

unable to change the language of UI

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Existing language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Existing language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

If you want a language pack:

You may refer to the suggestions posted by Andre Da Costa on the following thread.

Can I change language in Windows 10 Home edition?

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, May 16, 2020
Thema:

How to properly change language?

1. How to properly change language? - Similar Threads - properly change language

2. Issue with Display Language Not Changing Properly in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Display Language Not Changing Properly in Windows 11: Hello,I've encountered a persistent problem with the display language in Windows 11 that I hope to get some assistance with.Problem Description:After upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11, I have been unable to change the system language from Spanish to English. The...
  3. Issue with Display Language Not Changing Properly in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Display Language Not Changing Properly in Windows 11: Hello,I've encountered a persistent problem with the display language in Windows 11 that I hope to get some assistance with.Problem Description:After upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11, I have been unable to change the system language from Spanish to English. The...
  4. How to change nicrosoft language

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change nicrosoft language: Good day, and thanks in advance for helping outI have dual pro Zeen-booK, 1. running 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor. 2- Windows 11. Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.128 .0, version, 21H2. I requeted the windows insider, i van s33 the uodate but once i...
  5. How to change the language in Microsoft

How to change the language in Microsoft: hi: I am a beautiful girl, but I can't read English, I have not passed the fourth levelCET-4, How to get past level four???????? shuan q Li hua https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-language-in-microsoft/bebe9ac9-c96a-4659-bdfe-cd0bb2b5873d
  6. how to change language change shortcut ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to change language change shortcut ?: i downloaded japanese language and and when i switch it to english and when im trying to type in capital by pressing the caps lock it doesnt make it capital it just changes the language again. please help me fix , isnt there way to change the shortcut key ? submitted by...
  7. Windows 10 Keyboard Language Not Changing Properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Keyboard Language Not Changing Properly: A couple of months ago the option to change my keyboard language was on my taskbar and one day it suddenly disappeared. I also noticed if I were to use the shortcut "l-alt+l-shift", the language would only change in my taskbar's search box. I've been browsing the web for...
  8. How to change language for this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change language for this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jojojohannn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g63om3/how_to_change_language_for_this/
  9. how to change language ?

how to change language ?: I d'ont speak English but only french. I thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-language/d88298fd-de48-45b0-adee-3f5f1d1a6336
  10. How to change the language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to change the language: During installing W10, I clicked the wrong language, making some squares in Start Menu are labelled with language which I cannot read. How do I change to the right language? 19369

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change language in windows