Windows 10: How to properly configure the home network in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to properly configure the home network in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to ask if what I have done is the correct way to share files between two Windows 10 PCs (I am only interested in having access to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Randomdrop9, Jul 10, 2020.

1. How to properly configure the home network in Windows 10?

Hello,
    I would like to ask if what I have done is the correct way to share files between two Windows 10 PCs (I am only interested in having access to the user folder of the respective PCs):

• On both PCs there is a Microsoft account with a password
    • Set network as private
    • Enabled password sharing and 128 encryption from "advanced sharing settings" of the control panel
    • Disabled smb 1 (I read on the net that it must be done regardless)

Everything is correct? Are there other settings to increase security? Can anyone connected to the same network view files without having a password?

Thank you.

submitted by /u/Randomdrop9
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Randomdrop9, Jul 10, 2020

2. Configuring NAS to my home network

Change the GB ethernet switch with the router. The router as the first step will create it's own network, so you can have one subnet for all of your devices.

lilhasselhoffer, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Can't connect to a network.

Hi Ayman,

As you've mentioned, all your other devices were able to connect to the network except your computer. This issue may occur if there are other components that need to be configured properly or there are drivers that were not updated. To help you on this,
    we recommend that you follow the steps listed on this link.
    The steps provided in the link includes updating the network adapters and the network troubleshooter that may help to diagnose the issue.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Boatvan Win User

How to properly configure the home network in Windows 10?

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

How to properly configure the home network in Windows 10?

1. How to properly configure the home network in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - properly configure home

2. Windows 10 Home Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home Network: I have 4 PCs on my home network. Currently one PC is not discoverable by the other PCs. It also is unable to see the other PCs. Network configuration is the same on all PCs....
  3. NETWORK CONFIGURATION

NETWORK CONFIGURATION: HOW DO I SET UP A PRINTER FOR NETWORKING IF THE PRINTER, AND BOTH COMPUTERS ARE CONNECTED TO THE ROUTER. THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-configuration/128be2d0-8e0d-4c3b-8ab8-338bc96299d4
  4. My 'Home' network won't work properly.

My 'Home' network won't work properly.: And yes I know Microsoft dumped "Home Network" some time ago but my problem is really messy. The oldest laptop recognises the youngest laptop and the printer over the "Network" but won't actually print and doesn't recognise the middle aged computer; the middle and youngest...
  5. Windows 10 Home storage configuration on Notebook

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Home storage configuration on Notebook: Hi everyone I am and am a long-standing member of sevenforums. Like many other W7 users, I am now making the transition to W10, and have started with a new ASUS E203M notebook, 4GBram and 64GB storage, with the intention of using it primarily for web browsing and emails...
  6. Windows 10 Home storage configuration on Notebook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home storage configuration on Notebook: Hi everyone I am and am a long-standing member of sevenforums. Like many other W7 users, I am now making the transition to W10, and have started with a new ASUS E203M notebook, 4GBram and 64GB storage, with the intention of using it primarily for web browsing and emails...
  7. windows 10, how to remove home network

windows 10, how to remove home network: Windows 10, How to clear a home network off a PC to be able to install it to another home network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-how-to-remove-home-network/87b1c852-eccc-48b7-9812-ea9916987b09
  8. how to setup a home network in windows 10

how to setup a home network in windows 10: how to setup a home network in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-setup-a-home-network-in-windows-10/f4c89acd-1d1d-4044-9efb-fe4475cdbe9d
  9. Network configuration Windows 10

Network configuration Windows 10: version 1809 build 17763.1 Since the last changes to the permissions and networking configuration I'm fighting with a setup of three PC's and a laptop. I spent last couple of days trying to fix whatever MSFT is changing and at this point I need some suggestions. I managed...
  10. small home network. How to with Windows 10?

small home network. How to with Windows 10?: Bought computers 6/2018 thought it would be easy to set up my home network like it was in Windows 7, wow was I wrong. Any help or direction towards "how to" would be great!...