Windows 10: How to properly delete AzureAD profile data from Windows 10 machine

Discus and support How to properly delete AzureAD profile data from Windows 10 machine in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I want to delete the local data of a retired AzureAD account on a system. Lets name the user in question "Bob". - Bob was removed already from... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by EdwardDumser, Feb 6, 2019.

1. How to properly delete AzureAD profile data from Windows 10 machine

I want to delete the local data of a retired AzureAD account on a system. Lets name the user in question "Bob".

- Bob was removed already from AzureAD, however the local data was not deleted automatically (not unexpected)

- MMC "users" snap-in does not show Bob
    - "Other users" Windows Preference pane does not show Bob (or any other AzureAD user apart from my own)

- Bob is not logged in

- I have full Administrator rights

- Windows does not let me completely remove Bobs user directory by hand

- The system should stay in AzureAD

- Windows Version is Windows 10 Pro, updated

Any ideas?

:)

EdwardDumser, Feb 6, 2019
  2. StumfSlo Win User

Deleting a AzureAD joined uer from Windows 10 because of downgrade

Ok i think I found the trick:

AzureAD joined users can be deleted via:

• Open a admin powershell and type sysdm.cpl
    • In Advanced tab go to User Profiles and click Settings
    • Here u can now see all the AzureAD joined users as well as local ones.
    • Delete the offending user

WARNING THIS WILL DELETE ALL THE SELECTED USERS DATA IN HIS HOME FOLDER. IF DATA IS NEEDED BACK IT UP!!!

StumfSlo, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Vijay03 Win User
    Deleted profile list and subfolders from regedit windows 10

I deleted profile list from regedit. From local machine/software/profile list

After deletion tried to restart, but now windows is not even starting no logon screen also , please help

Using windows 10

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

Vijay03, Feb 6, 2019
  4. How to properly delete AzureAD profile data from Windows 10 machine

Deleted profile list and subfolders from regedit windows 10

Why would you hack the registry to delete a profile list?

Was it your own profile list?

Can you get into Repair Mode by killing the startup-process three times in a row?

Frederik Long, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

How to properly delete AzureAD profile data from Windows 10 machine

1. How to properly delete AzureAD profile data from Windows 10 machine - Similar Threads - properly delete AzureAD

2. How to Properly Remove a AzureAD User Profile from a Windows computer with CMD or PowerShell?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to Properly Remove a AzureAD User Profile from a Windows computer with CMD or PowerShell?: What is the proper process to remove a AzureAD User Profile from a Windows computer without reimaging or disconnecting the device from Azure AD? With local & domain user accounts, removal of user profile data is simple, especially using "net user <USERNAME> /delete". Deleting...
  3. How to Properly Remove a AzureAD User Profile from a Windows computer with CMD or PowerShell?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Properly Remove a AzureAD User Profile from a Windows computer with CMD or PowerShell?: What is the proper process to remove a AzureAD User Profile from a Windows computer without reimaging or disconnecting the device from Azure AD? With local & domain user accounts, removal of user profile data is simple, especially using "net user <USERNAME> /delete". Deleting...
  4. How to Properly Remove a AzureAD User Profile from a Windows computer with CMD or PowerShell?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to completely remove user's AzureAD profile data from Windows 11 Pro PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to completely remove user's AzureAD profile data from Windows 11 Pro PC?: We have many Azure AD joined PCs. Also, we have multiple Azure AD standard user's profile on each of them. When a user leaves the company we want to delete the profile completely from the hard disk. If we use the Remove command for the specific user from the accounts menu it...
  6. How to completely remove user's AzureAD profile data from Windows 11 Pro PC?

How to completely remove user's AzureAD profile data from Windows 11 Pro PC?: We have many Azure AD joined PCs. Also, we have multiple Azure AD standard user's profile on each of them. When a user leaves the company we want to delete the profile completely from the hard disk. If we use the Remove command for the specific user from the accounts menu it...
  7. Windows 10 Update v.21H1 Profile Data Delete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update v.21H1 Profile Data Delete: Just seeing if there is a fix yet for preventing Profile Data from deleting when updating from v.20H2 to v.21H1 using Windows Update Assist tool? Our production environment is only running v.2004 and v.20H1. I have been using the WUA...
  8. Customize Default Profile for AzureAD Users?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize Default Profile for AzureAD Users?: Hello, Is there a way to customize the Default Profile for AzureAD Users? We have a Windows 10 image that we captured using CloneZilla Lite Server. That image was then configured by changing the settings, default apps, items pinned on Start menu and Taskbar, as well as...
  9. windows not working properly and some data is deleted from PC automatically

windows not working properly and some data is deleted from PC automatically: when i open my pc it seems to some softwares are deleted from my PC and my windows 10 apps such as store,music,video,etc apps are not working since then and the start menu is also not working. The troubleshoot programs are also unable to recognize the problem . kindly help me...
  10. Deleting a AzureAD joined uer from Windows 10 because of downgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleting a AzureAD joined uer from Windows 10 because of downgrade: Hello, i have a question about deleting a AzureAD joined user from Windows 10. The issue is that we want to do a downgrade because of some incompatibility with software from 1809 to 1803 However in the downgrade process we get> 'Before you go back to a previous version...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove azuread profile from pc

2. delete AzureAD profile data from Windows 10 machine

3. delete azuread user from local

4. How to properly delete AzureAD profile data from Windows 10,
  5. how to delete an azure profile from windows 10,
  6. how to remove windows 10 from azuread,
  7. delete local azuread profile