Windows 10: How to Properly Remove a AzureAD User Profile from a Windows computer with CMD or PowerShell?

Discus and support How to Properly Remove a AzureAD User Profile from a Windows computer with CMD or PowerShell? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; What is the proper process to remove a AzureAD User Profile from a Windows computer without reimaging or disconnecting the device from Azure AD? With... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RobertRoss4, May 16, 2023.

1. How to Properly Remove a AzureAD User Profile from a Windows computer with CMD or PowerShell?

What is the proper process to remove a AzureAD User Profile from a Windows computer without reimaging or disconnecting the device from Azure AD? With local & domain user accounts, removal of user profile data is simple, especially using "net user <USERNAME> /delete". Deleting the user folder & profile registry key is not a viable solution as this causes the user to have errors signing in should they return to the computer. What is the correct process for removing user profile data from a Windows computer using CMD or PowerShell without reimaging, disconnecting the device from Azu

:)

RobertRoss4, May 16, 2023
  2. SarahKong Win User

How to properly delete AzureAD profile data from Windows 10 machine

I see. Because of no onprem domain then yes, it is not a very easy way to clean up AzureAD accounts from machines.

What you could do is create a Powershell script that can remove AzureAD Accounts and then run that remotely when you need to.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/mod...

SarahKong, May 16, 2023
  3. Brink Win User
    #AzureAD PowerShell V2.0 is now Generally Available

Source: #AzureAD PowerShell V2.0 is now GA Enterprise Mobility and Security Blog

Brink, May 16, 2023
  4. StumfSlo Win User

How to Properly Remove a AzureAD User Profile from a Windows computer with CMD or PowerShell?

Deleting a AzureAD joined uer from Windows 10 because of downgrade

Ok i think I found the trick:

AzureAD joined users can be deleted via:

• Open a admin powershell and type sysdm.cpl
    • In Advanced tab go to User Profiles and click Settings
    • Here u can now see all the AzureAD joined users as well as local ones.
    • Delete the offending user

WARNING THIS WILL DELETE ALL THE SELECTED USERS DATA IN HIS HOME FOLDER. IF DATA IS NEEDED BACK IT UP!!!

StumfSlo, May 16, 2023
Thema:

How to Properly Remove a AzureAD User Profile from a Windows computer with CMD or PowerShell?

1. How to Properly Remove a AzureAD User Profile from a Windows computer with CMD or PowerShell? - Similar Threads - Properly Remove AzureAD

2. How to Properly Remove a AzureAD User Profile from a Windows computer with CMD or PowerShell?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Properly Remove a AzureAD User Profile from a Windows computer with CMD or PowerShell?: What is the proper process to remove a AzureAD User Profile from a Windows computer without reimaging or disconnecting the device from Azure AD? With local & domain user accounts, removal of user profile data is simple, especially using "net user <USERNAME> /delete". Deleting...
  3. How to Properly Remove a AzureAD User Profile from a Windows computer with CMD or PowerShell?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Properly Remove a AzureAD User Profile from a Windows computer with CMD or PowerShell?: What is the proper process to remove a AzureAD User Profile from a Windows computer without reimaging or disconnecting the device from Azure AD? With local & domain user accounts, removal of user profile data is simple, especially using "net user <USERNAME> /delete". Deleting...
  4. How to completely remove user's AzureAD profile data from Windows 11 Pro PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to completely remove user's AzureAD profile data from Windows 11 Pro PC?: We have many Azure AD joined PCs. Also, we have multiple Azure AD standard user's profile on each of them. When a user leaves the company we want to delete the profile completely from the hard disk. If we use the Remove command for the specific user from the accounts menu it...
  5. How to completely remove user's AzureAD profile data from Windows 11 Pro PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to completely remove user's AzureAD profile data from Windows 11 Pro PC?: We have many Azure AD joined PCs. Also, we have multiple Azure AD standard user's profile on each of them. When a user leaves the company we want to delete the profile completely from the hard disk. If we use the Remove command for the specific user from the accounts menu it...
  6. Sharing on local network with a computer using an AzureAD user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing on local network with a computer using an AzureAD user: Hello!I've been trying to log on to a PC on my network, but I have no idea about what the username can be on the other PC. Looking at the User settings in Control Panel I can see a "AzureAD/*name*". The e-mail address belonging to that user is *** Email address is removed for...
  7. Customize Default Profile for AzureAD Users?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize Default Profile for AzureAD Users?: Hello, Is there a way to customize the Default Profile for AzureAD Users? We have a Windows 10 image that we captured using CloneZilla Lite Server. That image was then configured by changing the settings, default apps, items pinned on Start menu and Taskbar, as well as...
  8. How to remove Microsoft account from corrupted user profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove Microsoft account from corrupted user profile: I want to log on with my Microsoft Account on a new created Admin profile, but get the message: that a profile it is already linked to this Microsoft Account on this pc. This "old" profile got corrupted after hardware/software failier that resulted in black screen and...
  9. How to properly delete AzureAD profile data from Windows 10 machine

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to properly delete AzureAD profile data from Windows 10 machine: I want to delete the local data of a retired AzureAD account on a system. Lets name the user in question "Bob". - Bob was removed already from AzureAD, however the local data was not deleted automatically (not unexpected) - MMC "users" snap-in does not show Bob - "Other...
  10. How to: Add AzureAD user as local admin

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to: Add AzureAD user as local admin: After joining a computer to AzureAD you will login with a user and will be automatically added as a local admin. The trouble is when logging with other users. These users will automatically set as users to the computer. From the Computer Management Console there is no way to...