Windows 10: How to propersly set Languages in Windows 10 for Canada.

Discus and support How to propersly set Languages in Windows 10 for Canada. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My saga with getting the right language with Windows 10 is out of my understanding... I mean, in Windows 8, it was so easy--you pick the language to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by asifakberali, Nov 19, 2019.

1. How to propersly set Languages in Windows 10 for Canada.

My saga with getting the right language with Windows 10 is out of my understanding... I mean, in Windows 8, it was so easy--you pick the language to install, region, and voila.... the system locale, spellings/grammar etc., all align with each other. But, not so much in Windows 10. How hard could it be for setting initial setup questions:

- Where do you live?

- What language spelling & grammar do you use?

- What language do you want for your apps/windows display? Or,

- Microsoft Store Shopping Region.

Mind you, most apps do not support English(Canada), and yet Windows 10 sets your apps language to English(Canada). When you set this to English(United States), they work like charm. Something you should read in Languages supported when downloading apps in Windows 10 App Store; notice how all of them say 'English (United States)'? Well, there you go. You need to set display/apps and any other language to basic English(United States) -- remember, the Giant resides in the USA. So, go with English(United States), and then pick a language for your spellings and grammar.

Step-by-step guide:

• So, I had downloaded English(United States) Windows 10 ISO. Because, that's where Microsoft takes me to when it comes to downloading an ISO even though I purchased my ASUS G30AB Desktop in Canada. But, that's fine... because that's what I want.

• Now, when running setup, you will go with default language that is set before you hit Install Windows. Do not change your language there, or else you won't receive updates, and have issues with the apps.

• When Windows 10 is installed, you will see a screen where it says: Region: Canada (in my case) , it will be selected for United States. Just scroll up and choose the Country you live in. It will ask the keyboard layout. Choose (English - US).

• Windows will begin installing updates n stuff. Let it finish. When you see Edge, i usually close it. Set 'Do not track', and 'Adobe Flash to Off'. Leave cookies enabled if you want Microsoft to properly configure your apps and system. Trust me, I know we all hate cookies because they abuse it, but it really helps when you enable it. Once everything is setup, then you may leave it to: Block third party cookies.

• Start windows update. It will install all the updates. You may want to check : Restart this PC when required, Additional MS Product updates, and Notify me before restarting.
    • Now, let's set your language for Spellings/Grammar. Press Windows key hit Settings from Start Menu. On the top search bar, type 'Language Settings', click and there you will see 'Choose an input method to always use as default'. There, I set it to: English(Canada) because I prefer spellings and grammar in English (Canada).

How to propersly set Languages in Windows 10 for Canada. 7a62800c-a2f9-4d05-9d8c-a711430b6d0b?upload=true.jpg

• Back to Language window, and push the United States(English) -- i.e., if it's sitting below English (Canada). Push it up, and you shall get something like below. This won't cause any trouble with the region you shop at. I buy stuff from Microsoft en-ca store. Store region is totally linked to your Billing/Shipping address and payment method.

How to propersly set Languages in Windows 10 for Canada. 75cecb4b-9d96-4d4b-a705-5a0e56866ac5?upload=true.jpg

• Go to Devices in Settings > Typing > And, chose if you want Windows to help you with typing... In my case, I prefer English(Canada) spellings & grammar.

How to propersly set Languages in Windows 10 for Canada. 1dc6d2cc-d041-42d4-89ce-539d20cf042e?upload=true.jpg

• Click Suggestions and Autocorrections:

How to propersly set Languages in Windows 10 for Canada. 65d55bfa-fafa-431f-9c0f-023fb6697bcf?upload=true.jpg

• Test your spellings auto-correction.

How to propersly set Languages in Windows 10 for Canada. e157daf3-a729-44e1-8b29-698ef1b4dc82?upload=true.jpg

• If you use Cortana, she won't send you to Bing website when you ask questions. I am using the settings below for Cortana:

How to propersly set Languages in Windows 10 for Canada. 9b05dc8d-8851-4ace-ae8c-71f54131b3ce?upload=true.jpg

• Test Cortana now. She won't send you to Bing for every question you ask. Mind you, I have a thick Indian-accent, and yet she understands me quite well. I asked her to sing me a lullaby, and then I asked her about Siri.

How to propersly set Languages in Windows 10 for Canada. 1bfcb9f5-4c86-4a71-9a1d-8531a9e3e08d?upload=true.jpg

How to propersly set Languages in Windows 10 for Canada. dec46e9a-4d01-42fc-b8d0-45d5eae4bc17?upload=true.jpg

• How to tell if you successfully set the Language? Edge will respond nicely; it won't send you to UK links, it will also show the most visited websites in Start menu, other apps will also refresh their content in background.

How to propersly set Languages in Windows 10 for Canada. 7dea4e24-eb4f-43f7-ab06-d2d08f0a627c?upload=true.jpg

Hopefully, this will help out those trying to end their saga with setting the English(Canada) language in Canada. If you have any questions, please feel free to comment below. I will try my best to respond promptly.

Cheers,

Asif

P.S. It's best to logoff, or restart when you make any changes in Windows Language Settings.

:)

asifakberali, Nov 19, 2019

2. Is there language pack for English(Canada)?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow these steps to add English (Canada) language from control panel.

• Type language in the search bar on desktop of Windows 10, then click on
      Add a language tab in the language Window.

• Click on English tab in the
      Add a language
      Window, then double click on English (Canada) to add to
      change your language preferences in the language Window under
      Control panel.
    Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the updated information, in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Is there language pack for English(Canada)?

Sure, it loads the language pack and then continues to search for updates constantly. No error messages just the twirly. Cortana still won't work with the mismatched region/language error. This is a new computer and I set it up for the Canadian features right
    from the first boot. English(Canada) is still broken!

BrokenSystem, Nov 19, 2019
  4. How to propersly set Languages in Windows 10 for Canada.

Windows 10 Keyboard Input Language for Canada

Hi Brian,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Did you install the English (Canada) language pack in Region and language?

I suggest you to remove the English (Canada) Language pack ad re-add it and then check if it resolve the issue.

For reference check the screen shot:

How to propersly set Languages in Windows 10 for Canada. 8ad06dcf-3d97-492f-9cc5-8d8da824f1b4.png

Follow the steps to do so:

1. Click on the Start menu
    and select Settings.

2. Click on Region & Language.

3. If English (Canada) is already installed, click on it and select
    Remove option.

3. Now Click on Add a language.

5. Select English and then
    English (Canada).

Try the above suggestion and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

How to propersly set Languages in Windows 10 for Canada.

1. How to propersly set Languages in Windows 10 for Canada. - Similar Threads - propersly set Languages

2. I cant put the language Canada French into Word.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant put the language Canada French into Word.: I did go into file and after option and language and it just says :Install available and went me into Install the French Canada Language Pack for 64-bit Office - Microsoft Support and there no download button...
  3. I cant put the language Canada French into Word.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant put the language Canada French into Word.: I did go into file and after option and language and it just says :Install available and went me into Install the French Canada Language Pack for 64-bit Office - Microsoft Support and there no download button...
  4. CORRECT Language Settings for English Canada on Windows 10. Here's how:

in Windows 10 Customization
    CORRECT Language Settings for English Canada on Windows 10. Here's how:: I have had enough frustration caused by Microsoft when it comes to setting up my device and using English Canada for spellings. One thing I do not understand is that, why offer English Canada and set it as machine's default web and apps language when in fact the Windows...
  5. Language Setting in Windows 10

Language Setting in Windows 10: I use two different Language methods in Windows 10. EnglishPrimary and German Although I have set English as my system language when I open the start menu I see the following highlighted elements in German.Also there are some menus which show its items in German. Which...
  6. English (Canada)

English (Canada): Yes Microsoft, you got it right. You say the problem is at your end, and it is indeed. Now, how can I retry? Version 1909. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/english-canada/4510e292-4fc7-430c-9625-ef78d7344cf0
  7. How to copy display language setting English (Canada) to welcome screen and new users?

How to copy display language setting English (Canada) to welcome screen and new users?: I am a member of the Administrators group and I try to copy my display language to the Welcome screen and new users. Part of Windows knows correctly that my Windows display language is English (Canada). When I try to copy the settings to the Welcome screen and new users,...
  8. Windows 10 Language Setting and language bar Missing

Windows 10 Language Setting and language bar Missing: Hello, I have issues after latest windows update, I have language setting in control panel is missing, I can't write in search bar, I installed language before update I delete it after update and still there when I change keyboard by Alt+Shift (in powershell only 2 languages...
  9. Language settings in Windows 10

Language settings in Windows 10: Ok so I got this weird problem with my language setting it is set that I have only 2 languages .. Arabic and English ! Surprisingly When I click alt-shift I got 4 languages ... French,2Arabic And English ... I have to swap between em all over! I went to keyboard and language...
  10. How to change Windows language settings?

How to change Windows language settings?: I couldn’t change Windows language settings, I even couldn’t change language when working with Windows. Can you tell me what the matter is?...