Windows 10: how to protect my pen drive with password?

Discus and support how to protect my pen drive with password? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how to protect my pen drive with password?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sunil Waghmare, Jan 12, 2020.

1. how to protect my pen drive with password?

how to protect my pen drive with password?

:)

Sunil Waghmare, Jan 12, 2020

2. Lumia 950xl and password protected hard drive

Password protected hard drive is work with Lumia 950xl ? Or any software is built with the OS for protected the hard drive with password and encrypt ( pen drive also )

Nagarajan Periyakaruppan, Jan 12, 2020
  3. related to pen drive

Hi,

A Pen Drive or USB is a data storage device that includes flash memory with an Integrated USB interface, and is a Plug and play device. That said, your computer should easily recognize your Pen Drive without any issues. A software might be blocking it, or
    an update is needed for it to work properly. However, let us isolate your concern by providing the answers to these questions:

• Is your Pen Drive working in other devices?
    • Were there any changes (Updates, software installation) made prior to the issues?
    • Have you tried using another Pen Drive on your computer?

in the meantime, we suggest that you insert your Pen Drive, and check if there's any error(s) in Device Manager.

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Using a Pen Drive with the Router

I have a HomeHub 4. Did you know the USB socket can easily power an external USB HDD? I have a 2TB one permanently plugged into mine.

Another 'did you know' for you - if you replace the pen drive with another one (or an HDD) the new device will be assigned the share name USB2, and further USB devices will be USB3, USB4, etc. Now put the original pen drive back in and it shows as USB1, the hub recognises each device it has seen before and retains its share name.

The pen drive you have plugged into the USB socket appears as the share USB1 on the internal network, only accessible through the hub's internal IP address 192.168.1.254. Open your Hub Manager, log in with the admin password and look at the Home Network page. Here you will see the USB is on the list of Wired Connections along with LAN1 to LAN4, it is protected by your hub's firewall just as any other PC with a wired connection would be.

It is also accessible to anyone who can connect to your router, there's no way to set a password to connect to the share. So if you haven't yet changed your WiFi password do so now. The default WiFi password supplied with the hub is unique to each hub, but it's widely known to always be a 10 digit hex number - too easy to crack with a brute force attack.

Thema:

1. how to protect my pen drive with password? - Similar Threads - protect pen drive

2. Write Protected .....How do I remove write protection from HP pen drive 16gb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Write Protected .....How do I remove write protection from HP pen drive 16gb: I want to delete the files and format the drive from my HP pen drive but it keeps saying "write protected" I have used Diskpart to change Readonly but it still says "write protected.. Please help me solve this problemRolyTK...
  3. cant remove write protection in pen drive

cant remove write protection in pen drive: I have been trying to remove write protection in my usbI tried cmd method, registory editor ,and even third party software but didnt work can somebody help...
  4. cant remove write protection in pen drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant remove write protection in pen drive: I have been trying to remove write protection in my usbI tried cmd method, registory editor ,and even third party software but didnt work can somebody help...
  5. cant remove write protection in pen drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Pen Drive Write Protected

Pen Drive Write Protected: Hi everyone! I have a 4 GB Transcend pen drive which I formatted few days back. But I think that I made any mistake in formatting the pen drive I think I disturbed the file system column which made my pen drive Write Protected as shown in the attachment below. This had made...
  7. how to password protect E drive in windows 10

how to password protect E drive in windows 10: how to password protect E drive in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-password-protect-e-drive-in-windows-10/d79958ab-f207-40ea-b35a-b643f775e468
  8. how to format my pen drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to format my pen drive: No free space, mbr partition, raw file system. what to do?[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-my-pen-drive/e47f7092-0171-48ea-9f77-270a9c03fa99
  9. Windows 10 Pen drive is write protected

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Pen drive is write protected: Hi, I bought Windows 10 from retail market and now when I trying to format it, it's reflecting that this is write protected and I am unable to format it by various tools like CMD and Registry option. Kindly assist me in how to remove write protection from Windows 10 pen...
  10. How to write-protect USB pen?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to write-protect USB pen?: Hi. I'd like to write protect my usb pen drive (Kingston DataTraveler 2.0) but it has got no hardware switch. Is there any way to w/protect it via Windows 10 software? Thank you! Joe 84174