Windows 10: how to protect pc without a third party app

Discus and support how to protect pc without a third party app in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how protect pc from hacking malware and trojans does Microsoft antivirus for this?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SouravPaul3, Mar 5, 2019.

1. how to protect pc without a third party app

how protect pc from hacking malware and trojans does Microsoft antivirus for this?

:)

SouravPaul3, Mar 5, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Nonstop alerts about virus protection

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system with the security notification on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software on your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message of this issue?
    • When exactly you get this error pop-up?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you have installed any third-party anti-virus software, I suggest you to disable it and check if it issue persists.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the third-party anti-virus software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Defender on your device and check if it helps.

Windows Defender is malware protection that is included with and built into Windows 10. This software helps identify and remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. So, you do not need to install any third party antivirus applications.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-protect-your-pc

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Pixelme Win User

how to protect pc without a third party app

Password (or PIN) Protecting 3rd Party App in Windows 10

I'm using Windows 10 Pro with latest (1809) Release.

Does Microsoft provide it's Users with any means of Password Protecting or Locking 3rd Party Apps? This is a 'general question' not specific to any particular App, though - just at present - I'm trying to find a way to Password or PIN Protect my 'Kindle
    For PC App' (great APP) which I downloaded direct from Amazon (not the Microsoft Store).

Can't find a method inside the actual 'Kindle For PC App' to Password or PIN protect it. This might be because my 'Physical' Kindle is not a particularly 'recent' Model, and that (maybe) the Password or PIN can only be initiated on 'more recent' Kindle Device,
    then automatically 'carries-across' to the Kindle PC App, once Password / Pin set-up on the Physical Kindle.

Leaving Kindle aside, generally interested to know if there's a 'Microsoft' Method for Password or Pin Protecting 'any' App (plus if that 'method' only applies to Apps obtained through the Microsoft Store, or to 'all / any' 3rd Party Apps, irrespective of
    where they are obtained from).

Thanks in advance for any info.

Pixelme, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

how to protect pc without a third party app

1. how to protect pc without a third party app - Similar Threads - protect without third

2. install third party apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    install third party apps: instal third party apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-third-party-apps/04e3528a-0b11-41df-b58c-eb32289aee08
  3. install third party apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    install third party apps: instal third party apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-third-party-apps/04e3528a-0b11-41df-b58c-eb32289aee08
  4. will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1: will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-third-party-virus-protection-protect-windows/0aadcde7-c49c-438b-ad8f-87740354687d
  5. will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1

will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1: will third party virus protection protect windows 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-third-party-virus-protection-protect-windows/0aadcde7-c49c-438b-ad8f-87740354687d
  6. How to play WebM files on a Windows PC without third party software

in Windows 10 News
    How to play WebM files on a Windows PC without third party software: [IMG]WebM is a royalty-free media file format designed for the web. Today, most web browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, etc., support WebM media files. This means you can play WebM media files in your web browser without installing any plugin...
  7. Cannot download third party apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download third party apps: I need to download a third party app to run my Seagate external hard drive. I cannot download the app but I cannot get it to install as no matter what I click on it won't install. I tried clicking on 'go to MS store or Install now' to no avail. How do I get this to work?...
  8. how to mute mic without any third party software

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to mute mic without any third party software: how to mute mic without any third party software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-mute-mic-without-any-third-party-software/8367f5e7-90c0-4eea-afac-ae618c9fc9fd
  9. Windows Defender + third party protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender + third party protection: Hello Is there any way at all to keep Windows Defender antivirus and firewall.. the entire Windows defender package, running when a 3rd party solution is installed? I want to run it alongisde Kaspersky Security Cloud 158372
  10. download of third party apps

download of third party apps: I try to download an app from anywhere else (but the Microsoft store) and windows denies the download (pretending security reasons?) how is that possible? how to avoid?...