Windows 10: How to protect personal data when having Win 10 laptop repaired at a computer repair shop?

Discus and support How to protect personal data when having Win 10 laptop repaired at a computer repair shop? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am thinking about taking my win 10 laptop to diagnose and fix a charging problem with my Win 10 laptop suspected mother board issue. How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DREsr, Apr 9, 2022.

1. DREsr Win User

How to protect personal data when having Win 10 laptop repaired at a computer repair shop?

I am thinking about taking my win 10 laptop to diagnose and fix a charging problem with my Win 10 laptop suspected mother board issue. How can I protect my personal data if I need to have it repaired without trying to erase all of it?? Is there a way to download my OS from drive and reset it to erase all my personal data then reinstall when I get it back? Clone ssd to another then reset installed one? Or any another ways to safely do this?Appreciate any help

:)

DREsr, Apr 9, 2022

2. how to start a Computer repair shop..

I talked with a guy who have a PC shop and he said the only way to survive is begin cheap! lol I would offer competitive prices.. the only pc repair center around its best buy.. and you know guys.. how they work and charge, insanity on computer repairs..

Salvadorian Stuff, Apr 9, 2022
  3. how to start a Computer repair shop..

Hi guys, I'm a A+ certificated and I been thinking for a while about to open a computer repair shop on my town*Toast :toast:, I have experience troubleshooting computer (I'm the one who always receive calls from friends and family to get their computer fixed *Smile How to protect personal data when having Win 10 laptop repaired at a computer repair shop? :) ), actually I'm just doing house calls, but I feel I can have my own repair shop, soo I dont know if some people here have some experience doing this.. you can share your own experience and give me (us) some advices.

and someone knows about a good store to buy computer hardware to resell for a reasonable price? newegg give a good prices but I want someting better *Roll Eyes How to protect personal data when having Win 10 laptop repaired at a computer repair shop? :rolleyes:

Thanks for everything!

Salvadorian Stuff, Apr 9, 2022
  4. @RaXxaa@ Win User

How to protect personal data when having Win 10 laptop repaired at a computer repair shop?

Data Hiding\Protecting software,Need quick reply

hello everyone, i recently have problems in my laptop and sending it inn for a repair, now i cant take the hdd out to have my data protected but i hope nothing is done to it, so i need a software that hides or protects my folder from being opened?
    Any suggestions?

@RaXxaa@, Apr 9, 2022
Thema:

1. How to protect personal data when having Win 10 laptop repaired at a computer repair shop? - Similar Threads - protect personal data

2. Re-instating Win 11 after it was wiped and replaced with Win 10 by a repair shop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-instating Win 11 after it was wiped and replaced with Win 10 by a repair shop.: A virus required my laptop Dell Inspiron 3780 to be wiped, and the repair shop replaced the Win 11 OS with which it came when purchased with Win 10. How can I get the original OS back, without having to pay for it? Questions to Support have not been answered....
  3. Re-instating Win 11 after it was wiped and replaced with Win 10 by a repair shop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-instating Win 11 after it was wiped and replaced with Win 10 by a repair shop.: A virus required my laptop Dell Inspiron 3780 to be wiped, and the repair shop replaced the Win 11 OS with which it came when purchased with Win 10. How can I get the original OS back, without having to pay for it? Questions to Support have not been answered....
  4. How to protect personal data when having Win 10 laptop repaired at a computer repair shop?

How to protect personal data when having Win 10 laptop repaired at a computer repair shop?: I am thinking about taking my win 10 laptop to diagnose and fix a charging problem with my Win 10 laptop suspected mother board issue. How can I protect my personal data if I need to have it repaired without trying to erase all of it?? Is there a way to download my OS from...
  5. How to protect personal data when having Win 10 laptop repaired at a computer repair shop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to protect personal data when having Win 10 laptop repaired at a computer repair shop?: I am thinking about taking my win 10 laptop to diagnose and fix a charging problem with my Win 10 laptop suspected mother board issue. How can I protect my personal data if I need to have it repaired without trying to erase all of it?? Is there a way to download my OS from...
  6. how to guard against spies in a computer repair shop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to guard against spies in a computer repair shop: Assume you need to send your computer to a repair shop. (Manufacturer's warranty service, or other, away from your home). How can you ascertain your private information can not be read? 1) copy USERs folder to your external hard disk, then delete source. 2) Extract browser...
  7. Laptop Account Security When Going to Repair Shop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Laptop Account Security When Going to Repair Shop: I have an HP laptop that needs a new powerport (receptacle where power cord plugs into laptop). Bringing it to a local shop. Although there doesn't seem to be any need for it, they asked for the password. I created a new local user account with a password for the shop. Does...
  8. WIN 10 Repair

WIN 10 Repair: Is there a win 10 repair download that is good and cheap? 72399
  9. Win 10 Repair Disc will not repair

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 Repair Disc will not repair: Hi.... Thank you for the forum. Hope you do not mind my asking for help. Been trying and searching for answers for a couple of days... I have given up. We upgraded to Win 10 as the free update so have no disc..I think this will be the root of all future problems. My...
  10. Data & Personal Protection

in Windows 10 Support
    Data & Personal Protection: According to Computer Active, a magazine I have just bought, on page 7 they state that "AVG has issued an updated privacy policy that appears to grant the company the right to harvest and sell on data collected from users of its popular 'free' av tool, including browsing and...