Windows 10: How to purchase a Windows 10 license.

Discus and support How to purchase a Windows 10 license. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; From a questionable retailer I got an upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 on my second-hand Dell Vostro 1520 laptop. Nine months later I'm suddenly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Robin Eagle, May 16, 2019.

1. How to purchase a Windows 10 license.

From a questionable retailer I got an upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 on my second-hand Dell Vostro 1520 laptop. Nine months later I'm suddenly seeing "Activate Windows" messages onscreen. Also, the following showed up on one of my Microsoft account pages: "Activation: Windows is not activated." According to Microsoft's "Activation in Windows 10," I'm trying to purchase a Windows 10 license in the Microsoft Store but can't find it.

:)

Robin Eagle, May 16, 2019
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, May 16, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 16, 2019
  4. bobkn Win User

How to purchase a Windows 10 license.

Where to purchase a Windows 10 license for a custom built PC?

Maybe they didn't have it when you looked earlier, but the Microsoft Store now lists a downloadable Win 10 Pro for purchase:

Windows 10 Pro: Upgrade or Purchase - Microsoft Store

This is for the USA. It may be available from your country. (Or not.)

bobkn, May 16, 2019
Thema:

How to purchase a Windows 10 license.

1. How to purchase a Windows 10 license. - Similar Threads - purchase license

2. How do I install Windows 11 Pro after purchasing a license through the Windows Store app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install Windows 11 Pro after purchasing a license through the Windows Store app: I have now purchased 2 Windows 11 Pro licenses and have not been able to use either one. I have a Legion 7 Slim laptop that came with Windows 11 Home. I have recently been digging into Power Automate through work and wanted to implement some flows into my normal day to day...
  3. How do I install Windows 11 Pro after purchasing a license through the Windows Store app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I install Windows 11 Pro after purchasing a license through the Windows Store app: I have now purchased 2 Windows 11 Pro licenses and have not been able to use either one. I have a Legion 7 Slim laptop that came with Windows 11 Home. I have recently been digging into Power Automate through work and wanted to implement some flows into my normal day to day...
  4. How to purchase win 10 pro and activate digital license? previous Win 10 Home single...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to purchase win 10 pro and activate digital license? previous Win 10 Home single...: Previously my user's PC upgraded from windows 8 single language with key activated, to windows 10 home single language.After the OS upgrade, digital license was lost and not found on OS.I am planning to purchase Windows 10 Pro.How to purchase windows 10 pro?How to change from...
  5. How to purchase win 10 pro and activate digital license? previous Win 10 Home single...

How to purchase win 10 pro and activate digital license? previous Win 10 Home single...: Previously my user's PC upgraded from windows 8 single language with key activated, to windows 10 home single language.After the OS upgrade, digital license was lost and not found on OS.I am planning to purchase Windows 10 Pro.How to purchase windows 10 pro?How to change from...
  6. How to purchase win 10 pro and activate digital license? previous Win 10 Home single...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. If i purchase a license for windows 11 from microsoft store, is it possible to ask for help...

If i purchase a license for windows 11 from microsoft store, is it possible to ask for help...: If i purchase a windows 11 license from microsoft store for a laptop bought from 3rd party manufacturer ex: thompson, i know also bios is important, is it possible to ask help from microsoft in case my computer has been hacked, as long as i do not install unpaid software and...
  8. If i purchase a license for windows 11 from microsoft store, is it possible to ask for help...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If i purchase a license for windows 11 from microsoft store, is it possible to ask for help...: If i purchase a windows 11 license from microsoft store for a laptop bought from 3rd party manufacturer ex: thompson, i know also bios is important, is it possible to ask help from microsoft in case my computer has been hacked, as long as i do not install unpaid software and...
  9. Whitebox PC, purchased Windowss 11 license from Microsoft - where's my key?

Whitebox PC, purchased Windowss 11 license from Microsoft - where's my key?: I purchased Windows 11 Pro via the activation menus and associated to my Microsoft Store account. I receive the purchase verification email and see the order on my account. However none of the documentation provided shows my actual activation key. How can I obtain my key for...
  10. Whitebox PC, purchased Windowss 11 license from Microsoft - where's my key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whitebox PC, purchased Windowss 11 license from Microsoft - where's my key?: I purchased Windows 11 Pro via the activation menus and associated to my Microsoft Store account. I receive the purchase verification email and see the order on my account. However none of the documentation provided shows my actual activation key. How can I obtain my key for...