Windows 10: How to put 2 home computers in a same network

Discus and support How to put 2 home computers in a same network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 computers at home: one desktop computer running windows10 version 1803 and one laptop computer running Windows 10 version 1903. I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Phong Tran, Aug 27, 2019.

1. How to put 2 home computers in a same network

I have 2 computers at home: one desktop computer running windows10 version 1803 and one laptop computer running Windows 10 version 1903. I use wireless. How to put 2 computers in a same network, so that I can share. Before it is Ok. Now it disappears. Please help. Thanks

:)

Phong Tran, Aug 27, 2019

2. 1 router 2 computers 2 networks glitch

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

When you set up a PC, a HomeGroup is created automatically. If a HomeGroup already exists on your home network, you can join it.

You mentioned that both the computes are in different networks. This could be the reason why you are unable to create the homegroup. Therefore, I would suggest you to first try to add both the PC to a single network and try creating the homegroup again.

Refer the steps given below to add a device or PC to a network and check if it helps.

-Plug the PC into a hub, switch, or router and then turn it on. (If your home has Ethernet wiring and you have a jack in the room where the PC is, you can plug the PC into the Ethernet jack instead.)

To make sure you added the PC, follow these steps:

• Sign in to any PC on the network.

• Press Windows key + E to open file explorer and click "network".

• Make sure you see icons for the PC you added and for the other PCs and devices that are part of the network.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 27, 2019
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Aug 27, 2019
  4. How to put 2 home computers in a same network

Network Communication problem with multiple computers

Hi Jay,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Network discovery might be blocking you from seeing other computers and devices on the network. Check if the Network discovery is turned on. If the network discovery setting on your computer is set to off, you
    won't see other computers and devices on the network.

Steps to Turn on network discovery.

• Press Windows key, type sharing and click on
      Manage advanced sharing settings.
    • Under Private, Network discovery, check mark the option
      Turn on network discovery.
    • Try the same on all the computers connected to the network.

Method 2: If the issue still persists, run
    HomeGroup troubleshooter and check.

HomeGroup troubleshooter finds and fix problems with viewing computers or shared folders in a HomeGroup.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane and click on
      HomeGroup
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

How to put 2 home computers in a same network

1. How to put 2 home computers in a same network - Similar Threads - put home computers

2. connecting two computers on the same home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connecting two computers on the same home network: i have a windows 11 computer and a Windows 10 computer . the win10 computer has four external drives attached to it. i would like to be able to sit at my win11 computer and browse and edit the files on the exernal drives connected to my win10 computer , and also the "D" drive...
  3. connecting two computers on the same home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    connecting two computers on the same home network: i have a windows 11 computer and a Windows 10 computer . the win10 computer has four external drives attached to it. i would like to be able to sit at my win11 computer and browse and edit the files on the exernal drives connected to my win10 computer , and also the "D" drive...
  4. connecting two computers on the same home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. how to network computers in the home

how to network computers in the home: Need directions on how to network 2 or more computers in the home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-network-computers-in-the-home/a94b7750-baea-43a9-a4ce-6c62c0327664
  6. Accessing 2 computers on same network through RDP

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accessing 2 computers on same network through RDP: I use RDP to access my computer at work. I have 2 computers on the same network that I need to access with RDP. I access #1 and save as a shortcut on my desktop perfectly, but then when I access #2 computer and try to save as a shortcut (different name) it always saves the...
  7. Same windows errors on 2 separate PCS same home network

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Same windows errors on 2 separate PCS same home network: Is anyone else experiencing these errors: PC1 1. Windows start button and type to search --don't work. Can't shutdown PC or access applications. 2. Right -click on icons in taskbar does not work, in taskbar last icon click on area with no icon right-click works? 3....
  8. Home computers are on 2 separate networks

Home computers are on 2 separate networks: My two home computers are on two separate networks - Network 3 and Network 4. How do I get them on one single network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-computers-are-on-2-separate-networks/cfbd0d51-4aca-42d4-8ddb-e10ad6453545
  9. Sharing 2 Win 10 computers on a home network

Sharing 2 Win 10 computers on a home network: I have tried to do this but get asked for name and password, I've tried using both on both machines but always says wrong. Every time I search it points to turning password off in Network and Sharing Centre but this is not an option on either machine. Any ideas please?...
  10. I can't access my wd home network drive but 2 of my computers on same network can

I can't access my wd home network drive but 2 of my computers on same network can: I can't access my home network wd drive but 2 other computers on same network can--all have windows 10 professional--How can I fix this problem?...