Windows 10: How to put all File Explorer screen in Details view with the same column order?

Discus and support How to put all File Explorer screen in Details view with the same column order? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like to make Windows File Explorer open every folder, regardless of contents, in Details view with these columns in this order: Size Date... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cynthia_Moore, Apr 9, 2021.

1. How to put all File Explorer screen in Details view with the same column order?

I would like to make Windows File Explorer open every folder, regardless of contents, in Details view with these columns in this order:

• Size
    • Date Modified
    • Name
    • Type

If I add a column later or rearrange them, I want to be able to propagate that layout all folders.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks

:)

Cynthia_Moore, Apr 9, 2021
  2. Graeme.P Win User

GPS data in Explorer details view

Hi Yann, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

You can view a much more comprehensive list of columns to include in the Details view of File Explorer, and choose which columns you'd like to see when browsing your files. Here are the steps to do this:

- Open File Explorer to a folder and view it in Details view.

- Right-click the column header to bring up the list of available column types to view.

- Click on More...

Here you'll see many options to choose from to make available, including some location information. You can check the ones you'd like to use, then click OK and it should show up as selectable when you right-click the column headers.

Hopefully this helps! Please let me know if you need further support. Thanks!

Graeme.P, Apr 9, 2021
  3. DevinXM Win User
    How do I widen the columns in File Explorer search results?

While attempting to try the "Size all columns to fit" suggestion I discovered that the folder view setting has to be set to "Details" (In File Explorer click on the "View" tab and select "Details" in the Layout group) in order to make the column headings
    be visible. After doing that I was able to drag the columns to adjust their width as well as using Ctrl-+ to execute the "Size all columns to fit" command.

Why Microsoft decided to hide the column headings and disable the "Size all columns to fit" command in the other folder views is beyond me.

DevinXM, Apr 9, 2021
  4. How to put all File Explorer screen in Details view with the same column order?

File Explorer Column Headings Keep Resetting

Hi,

To resolve the issue with File Explorer Column Headings, you may follow these steps below:

• Click on View Tab.

• Click
      Folder
      Options.

• Click
      Apply to all folders.

Keep us informed for further assistance.

Regards.

Joseph Ban, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

How to put all File Explorer screen in Details view with the same column order?

1. How to put all File Explorer screen in Details view with the same column order? - Similar Threads - put File Explorer

2. File Explorer Details Display Columns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Details Display Columns: Hello,None of the display fields show the user the last date:time a full folder path was last modified new files added or files changed. The standard File Explorer selection of Name, Date Modified, Type and Size does not do this, as Date Modified may relate to when the top...
  3. File Explorer Details Display Columns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Details Display Columns: Hello,None of the display fields show the user the last date:time a full folder path was last modified new files added or files changed. The standard File Explorer selection of Name, Date Modified, Type and Size does not do this, as Date Modified may relate to when the top...
  4. Columns order in Windows 11 Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Columns order in Windows 11 Explorer: Hi AllI would like to see the following in Explorer for EVERY folder of my hard disk and network shares:File, Size, Date, TypeI tried to follow the instructions I found options-view-apply to all folders, but they only work with the current folder and sometimes not forever -...
  5. Enlarge Details View in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enlarge Details View in File Explorer: Hi! I've been searching for a solution to enlarge the details view in File Explorer for years, also other people have asked on the web for a solution to this but no answer so far, so I ask it here too: do you know any solution to make the text and icons of the files and...
  6. Details view columns doesnt open!

in Cortana
    Details view columns doesnt open!: 1st Q after opening a search results in details view then clicking the arrow beside columns to choose filters it does not open in most cases & for other open but give infinite computing status so once i click away from the pop up it closes then i can not scroll up/dn the...
  7. Details view truncating columns

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Details view truncating columns: After a recent Windows 10 update columns in the details view optimized for music are truncated to 26 characters. Stretching out the column does no good. Limited to 26 characters. Makes it impossible to see complete song and/or album titles in many case. What happened?...
  8. Windows File Explorer Column Details for Audio files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows File Explorer Column Details for Audio files: Does anyone know of a way to get bloody file explorer to show audio bit depth and frequency in details view. there seems to be no column heading for those. Can I hack/reg-add/some-other_way this? 122165
  9. File Explorer same view for all files

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer same view for all files: I want File Explore to show all files in list view. 64653
  10. Restore shift+double click to resize all columns in Details view?

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore shift+double click to resize all columns in Details view?: To resize all columns to fit in Details view in Explorer the fastest way used to be putting the cursor on one division then holding Shift and double clicking. But some Windows version back, Microsoft took that away. *Mad Any way to get it back in 10 and other versions...