Windows 10: How to put back my Documents folder.

Discus and support How to put back my Documents folder. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 2 updates ago. My Documents folder on my laptop desktop disapired. I since put a short cut of the document folder.Is there a way that I can just put my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by countrygirl31259, Aug 17, 2022.

1. How to put back my Documents folder.

2 updates ago. My Documents folder on my laptop desktop disapired. I since put a short cut of the document folder.Is there a way that I can just put my Documents fold back? I have windows 10 , 64 bit. on my laptop.Also, Why when I type in something in the search box, Why does it open to Bing? I have Microsoft edge. Not Bing on my laptop. Is there a way I can change it?Many thanksOh and can I get rid of Cortana? I don't want it.

:)

countrygirl31259, Aug 17, 2022

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 17, 2022
  3. Multiple 'Documents' folders under 'This PC'

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

This may happen if one the “documents” folder has been stored on different target location.

Follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

I suggest that you check both the folders location where they are saved using the below method:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Restore Default, and then click Apply and OK.

• Check what happens, try these step on all the documents folder.
    Method 2

If the above step fails then try checking the target location of both the folders by using the find target option:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Find target.

• Check where the target location of both the folders is and check if any one goes to the user name location and later delete the one which goes to wrong location.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 17, 2022
  4. Micah Bat Win User

How to put back my Documents folder.

Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Aug 17, 2022
Thema:

How to put back my Documents folder.

1. How to put back my Documents folder. - Similar Threads - put Documents folder

2. How to get my Documents folder back, without Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get my Documents folder back, without Onedrive: I don't want Onedrive - it took over my laptop and I just want to save documents on my laptop in my Documents or Pictures folders. So I uninstalled Onedrive, and now my Documents folder has disappeared. I can still access my files but I have to search for them and it's...
  3. How to get my Documents folder back, without Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get my Documents folder back, without Onedrive: I don't want Onedrive - it took over my laptop and I just want to save documents on my laptop in my Documents or Pictures folders. So I uninstalled Onedrive, and now my Documents folder has disappeared. I can still access my files but I have to search for them and it's...
  4. How to put back my Documents folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to put back my Documents folder.: 2 updates ago. My Documents folder on my laptop desktop disapired. I since put a short cut of the document folder.Is there a way that I can just put my Documents fold back? I have windows 10 , 64 bit. on my laptop.Also, Why when I type in something in the search box, Why does...
  5. How to put back my Documents folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to put back my Documents folder.: 2 updates ago. My Documents folder on my laptop desktop disapired. I since put a short cut of the document folder.Is there a way that I can just put my Documents fold back? I have windows 10 , 64 bit. on my laptop.Also, Why when I type in something in the search box, Why does...
  6. Ive managed to put the documents folder inside the documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ive managed to put the documents folder inside the documents folder: Ive put the documents in the documentsnow any game that has settings in the documents cant find the settings and the settings have reseti can still access the files but any software that needs them canti dont know how i did this...
  7. How To Put Windows Back On My Laptop ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How To Put Windows Back On My Laptop ?: Hello, I bought a old Thinkpad T530 off ebay, months ago. I accidently wrote over Windows with Linux. I thought, oh damn !! I have to spend $130.00 for a copy of Windows or just buy another cheap Thinkpad for that price or alittle more with Windows installed. I contacted to...
  8. Put OneDrive files back to their original folders

Put OneDrive files back to their original folders: I wanted to stop using OneDrive I have sensitive content and it is a breach of contract if I put them on a cloud base back-up system so I clicked on unlink this PC, but all my files disappeared from their original folders. Now there are "Where are my files" shortcuts that...
  9. Cannot open documents I put into new folders on my desktop

Cannot open documents I put into new folders on my desktop: Cannot open documents I put into new folders on my desktop how can I take my computer back one day tp undo what I did today. Thanks * Moved from IE10/other....
  10. How OneDrive backs up library folders like Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    How OneDrive backs up library folders like Documents: I just activated OneDrive on my Windows 10 1803 laptop. The main reason I am interested is the new feature that allows one to backup key library folders such as Documents. However, I am trying to determine if, in selecting that option, will OneDrive then move the Documents...