Windows 10: How to put shortcuts to websites on the desktop?

Discus and support How to put shortcuts to websites on the desktop? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Does anyone know how to do this? With Internet Explorer you simply dragged the site icon in the title bar to the desktop, but I can't seem to do this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Elizabeth, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Elizabeth Win User

How to put shortcuts to websites on the desktop?

Does anyone know how to do this? With Internet Explorer you simply dragged the site icon in the title bar to the desktop, but I can't seem to do this with Edge.*Sad

:)

Elizabeth, Jul 31, 2015
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Angiebkzz Win User
    Save a website shortcut on the desktop

How can I put a website shortcut onto my desktop in Windows 10? Thank you

Angiebkzz, Jul 31, 2015
  4. How to put shortcuts to websites on the desktop?

Right-click on the Desktop and select New > Shortcut. At the next screen type in the URL you want to create a bookmark/shortcut for, click Next then give your bookmark a name, then click Finish.

SmoothLefty21, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Elizabeth Win User
    Thanks for your quick reply, SmoothLefty21. This is the way I am doing it now - I was just wondering if there is a way to do it directly from Edge like there was in Internet Explorer.

Elizabeth, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Click the 3 dotted line at the top right of Edge and select "Pin to Start", from Start you can drag the shortcut to the desktop.

fracking4oil, Jul 31, 2015
  7. Ah, sorry about that. Only other way I'm aware of at the moment is to copy/paste them out of the folder that stores Edge's favorites. Not ideal.

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorite s

Guess you could add that folder to Quick Access in File Explorer to make life a little easier.

8. How to put shortcuts to websites on the desktop?

Interesting, I just tried that and while the favorite does work in the Start menu it does not work after dragging it to the desktop. It opens Edge's homepage, not the URL of the bookmark/shortcut. You're getting it to work on your end?

9. Yeah, that's odd... Guess I hadn't tried it in this build until now. Something to report to feedback.

fracking4oil, Jul 31, 2015
  10. Elizabeth Win User
    Same result I get.

Elizabeth, Jul 31, 2015
  11. Elizabeth Win User
    Just used this workaround: Three dots>Open in Internet Explorer and then drag the title bar icon directly to the desktop from IE. Not very elegant though...

Elizabeth, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to put shortcuts to websites on the desktop?

1. How to put shortcuts to websites on the desktop? - Similar Threads - put shortcuts websites

2. How can I put shortcuts to websites on desktop Windows 10 so they have their own icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I put shortcuts to websites on desktop Windows 10 so they have their own icons?: I used to do this with More Tools - Create Shortcut, but this seems to have been removed. When I move the website address to the desktop, the icon is just the Google Chrome one....
  3. How can I put shortcuts to websites on desktop Windows 10 so they have their own icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I put shortcuts to websites on desktop Windows 10 so they have their own icons?: I used to do this with More Tools - Create Shortcut, but this seems to have been removed. When I move the website address to the desktop, the icon is just the Google Chrome one....
  4. How drag a websites shortcut icon to the desktop and not as a generic?

in Browsers and Email
    How drag a websites shortcut icon to the desktop and not as a generic?: I like to keep the customize icons as a shortcut but most change to a generic icon when dragging. How to fix on Win10 Home? 178221
  5. How drag a websites shortcut icon to the desktop and not as a generic?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How drag a websites shortcut icon to the desktop and not as a generic?: I'm using Win10 Home and MS 365 I like to keep a lot of commonly used website as customize icons for desktop shortcuts using my default browser, Google Chrome. When I hold down the mouse button and then drag it to the desktop most website icons change immediately to a...
  6. website as a desktop shortcut

website as a desktop shortcut: like my friend i want my website as a desktop shortcut https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/website-as-a-desktop-shortcut/16127ab1-f442-4562-9065-ca4fc7715da8
  7. Desktop website shortcuts

Desktop website shortcuts: I have recently reset chrome due to a pesky pop up that wouldn't go away but unfortunately i forgot that most of the website shortcuts i created to the desktop only open to the default google search page now and some won't recreate at all, after doing some searching i found...
  8. how to put a google shortcut on my desktop with chrome

how to put a google shortcut on my desktop with chrome: I just switched to chrome and I have no toolbar at the top of the page. How do I download a google toolbar or a google shortcut on my desktop...
  9. How to put a website shortcut onto desktop?

How to put a website shortcut onto desktop?: Friend trying to put icon from a website on her desktop for easy access. On my computer you just highlight URL and drag to desktop. Hers won't do it! Brand new computer, so I'm assuming latest MS OS. Somebody tell me we're just dorks and it's easy to do! ***Modified...
  10. How to put Win10 camera icon/shortcut on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    How to put Win10 camera icon/shortcut on desktop: Hey guys!! Just a quick question. I'm using my Windows laptop camera,but i'd love to know how to put a quick access shortcut on my desktop. Anyone know how?? Thank you. 61595

Users found this page by searching for:

1. put websites on desktop run?

2. network how to put shortcuts onto users desktops