Windows 10: how to put the default app to a file to none ? (not default)

Discus and support how to put the default app to a file to none ? (not default) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello, I am driller. I need some help, all of my .jar files now open the notepad, yes, it's useful to change the data and stuff, but now I can no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by drillerunit-513, Mar 30, 2019.

1. how to put the default app to a file to none ? (not default)

hello, I am driller.

I need some help, all of my .jar files now open the notepad, yes, it's useful to change the data and stuff, but now I can no longer launch an app,

each time I launch the app, it launch a notepad window named bootstrap.

how to fix it : set the default app associated to the app/file to none, it cannot be impossible since some apps/files are already set to none, but I need to find how to do it.

let's just hope that the Microsoft team will put this [set to none] button.

:)

drillerunit-513, Mar 30, 2019

2. How to set Microsoft Photos App as default

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, click on Choose default apps by file type.
    • Set the default App to open .jpg files and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 30, 2019
  3. Issue with default apps

Hi Benjamin,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10 and sorry for the delay in response.

Try the steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Open Start menu, type change default app for each file type in search bar and open it.
    • Here you can match the Name and App which you want to use and try to click on App which you want and make it as default.
    Step 2:

• Open the File location (file which you want to make the Music bee as default player).
    • Right click on any music file (Any music file type mp3/any other format which you wish) and select
      open with from the list and click on Choose default program.
    • Select the Music bee app and make it as default player.

If you still face the same issue, the file type which you are trying to set Music bee as default player may not have supporting format. You may check with the Music bee app publisher website to check for the supported file formats.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 30, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

how to put the default app to a file to none ? (not default)

Choosing Default Apps & Insider Programme

To resolve your concern, kindly choose the default apps by file type. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose System.
    • Select Default apps.
    • Click Choose default apps by file type.
    • Check all of the video file type, and then check if you can change the default app to your preferred application.
    After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result

Argel Obm, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

how to put the default app to a file to none ? (not default)

1. how to put the default app to a file to none ? (not default) - Similar Threads - put default app

2. How to change the default app for .pdf files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the default app for .pdf files: I'll use F as shorthand for one of my .pdf apps. I'll use P as shorthand for the other .pdf app. I prefer not to use the names of apps that compete with one another. P is currently the default app for .pdf files. I want to change the default to F.Then I scroll down the list...
  3. How to change the default app for .pdf files

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the default app for .pdf files: I'll use F as shorthand for one of my .pdf apps. I'll use P as shorthand for the other .pdf app. I prefer not to use the names of apps that compete with one another. P is currently the default app for .pdf files. I want to change the default to F.Then I scroll down the list...
  4. How to remove the default app that opens files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the default app that opens files?: I want to remove Google Chrome from automatically opening this .pak file I need for a game. Any way I can remove it somehow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-the-default-app-that-opens-files/ebcb9bc3-e120-44a5-ad96-12d8f1cd89ba
  5. How to remove the default app that opens files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove the default app that opens files?: I want to remove Google Chrome from automatically opening this .pak file I need for a game. Any way I can remove it somehow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-the-default-app-that-opens-files/ebcb9bc3-e120-44a5-ad96-12d8f1cd89ba
  6. How to remove the default app that opens files?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to unset default app for Batch Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unset default app for Batch Files: I have inadvertently set a default app Notepad++ for batch files. The fix suggested by:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unsetremove-a-default-app-for-file-type/15f2bf57-aa96-493a-b648-c81856af5eb3does not work as the "Open with..." option is not...
  8. How to unset default app for Batch Files

How to unset default app for Batch Files: I have inadvertently set a default app Notepad++ for batch files. The fix suggested by:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unsetremove-a-default-app-for-file-type/15f2bf57-aa96-493a-b648-c81856af5eb3does not work as the "Open with..." option is not...
  9. How to change default app for file type

How to change default app for file type: I'm trying to change app that handles .jpg file types on my system from default "photos" to Windows Media player(just because I like better it looks:)) and despite fact that WMP is installed and handles other file types - [img] , I still can't choose it from the windows...
  10. How to change default app for file type

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change default app for file type: I'm trying to change app that handles .jpg file types on my system from default "photos" to Windows Media player(just because I like better it looks:)) and despite fact that WMP is installed and handles other file types, I still can't choose it from the windows default app...