Windows 10: How to put the just the icon instead of the icon and text

Discus and support How to put the just the icon instead of the icon and text in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AleMaza [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AleMaza, May 2, 2020.

1. How to put the just the icon instead of the icon and text

/u/AleMaza, May 2, 2020

2. Missing Desktop Icon Text

Not sure what happen here. I have scanned this rig with Spybot, SuperAntiSpyware, Combofix, SmitfraudFix, Spyware Doctor, Spyware Terminator and have found nothing.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/2310/desktoplo.png

as you can see in the pic, the icons are there but the text is missing. I can click on some of the icons, but other ones I click and nothing happens. Has anyone ever seen this before?

Thanks...

Morrison5891, May 2, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, May 2, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

How to put the just the icon instead of the icon and text

Techpowerup bookmark icon in firefox?

changed the favicon for the forum
    uploaded a new smaller (bytes) icon for the main site
    added html code to suggest the icon to browsers

but i still cant get it to show up in firefox favourites

W1zzard, May 2, 2020
Thema:

How to put the just the icon instead of the icon and text

1. How to put the just the icon instead of the icon and text - Similar Threads - put icon instead

2. No icons just text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No icons just text: also control panel doesn't work at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-icons-just-text/ccc89413-8600-4e50-8a23-af022bafe2d3
  3. No icons just text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No icons just text: also control panel doesn't work at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-icons-just-text/ccc89413-8600-4e50-8a23-af022bafe2d3
  4. No icons, just text

in Windows 10 Customization
    No icons, just text: Hi, all the icons on my desktop vanished. There is only text left. Same goes for the file explorer. I tried multiple things but nothing worked. Can anybody help`[ATTACH]...
  5. Desktop applications not having icons, just text.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop applications not having icons, just text.: Yesterday, I log on to my pc like normal, and see that all my applications have no icons. Just wording for it. They all function properly. Properties will not open on any of the application on desktop. Icons will show on the start menu, but not on file explore. Some icons on...
  6. How to show thumbnails instead of icons?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to show thumbnails instead of icons?: How do I show thumbnails instead of icons? I have it configured under VIEW. And also under PERFORMANCE OPTIONS. However it doesn't work. I still get icons and not thumbnails. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  7. Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons: Hi, I just installed Windows 10 and have been watching some youtube videos and tutorials about it. During some of the videos I noticed the start menu was different to mine. So I was wondering how do I enable full texted labels instead of just the icons when I click the start...
  8. How to put This PC icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    How to put This PC icon on desktop: I've got build 10159 installed. I can't find a way to put the This PC icon on the desk top. That should be a simple task. Has any one done it? 7704
  9. icon text

in Windows 10 Support
    icon text: The area in the display settings to change font sizes etc is grayed out and I can not find any way to make my various text sizes bold... pls adv. 12081
  10. start menu shows icons instead of icon with text description

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu shows icons instead of icon with text description: I used to be able to press the windows key and scroll up with the up arrow key to select the power button but now by default, the up arrow key selects the programs instead. I believe this has to do with the left pane start menu becoming marginalized / minimized. Is there a...