Windows 10: How to put time limit on use of certain website for kids

Discus and support How to put time limit on use of certain website for kids in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; As an example I want to allow kid in my family to spent not more then 2 hours per day on youtube. I do not want to block it completely just limit the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by INAK1, May 23, 2020.

1. INAK1 Win User

How to put time limit on use of certain website for kids

As an example I want to allow kid in my family to spent not more then 2 hours per day on youtube. I do not want to block it completely just limit the total time they can spend each day.

How I do it?

--Thanks

:)

INAK1, May 23, 2020

2. Limit access to certain websites for set number of hours

This question is related to restrictions set by parents for the kid.

My kid (11) plays a lot of Roblox but since he broke his phone screen (due to negligence), he has to use the PC to play the game. Due to half of the class and many kids from the neighborhood being on Roblox, he wants more and more time to play there. A logical discussion helped him understand that he is spending too much time there affecting other work. He agreed to the limit set to an hour daily.

Now I am looking for a software where I can set such one hour limit daily for roblox website. I would definitely prefer a freeware but if not, I would appreciate suggestions for reasonably priced programs that can do this job.

Thanks in advance.

(P.S. - The machine is Windows 10 Home Premium, version 1809, with SSD and 8GB of RAM)

crackhammer, May 23, 2020
  3. Vijay B Win User
    time limits for children

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

When you add a child to your family, you can help make sure they're staying safe while they use the PC while still giving them the freedom to explore. You can make sure that adult websites are blocked, or specify just which sites you want your kids to see.
    You can also make sure they can only use apps and games that are appropriate for their age, and you can set screen time limits to make sure they're not spending too much time in the virtual world. Kids can ask your permission to keep browsing when their time
    is up, or to see or download anything that's blocked—together, you can decide the level of restriction that's right for them.

I would suggest you to try the steps from the following link:

Keep your kids safer on the PC (Applies to Windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/set-pc-limits

Post us the results after you try the above steps.

Vijay B, May 23, 2020
  4. How to put time limit on use of certain website for kids

time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, May 23, 2020
Thema:

How to put time limit on use of certain website for kids

1. How to put time limit on use of certain website for kids - Similar Threads - put limit certain

2. How can i limit my kid using Youtube Web Site

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can i limit my kid using Youtube Web Site: My Kid is visiting Youtube during online school hours, how can i limit the website using Family Safety, He visits YT using browser, I cant restrict browser app as he require for other important sites tooI can block the entire site but i need to restrict him only during school...
  3. How to restrict the use of certain websites?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to restrict the use of certain websites?: Hello, Because of corona, my sibling (11) needs to work for school from home. I have taken her phone away when she needs to study, but a lot of her homework is done on the computer. She needs the internet to look up words, use Teams, etc... I cannot stay at her computer...
  4. Time limit youtube website

Time limit youtube website: Hi We have Windows 10 laptops and use Edge. We use family settings to limit overall time etc. without problem. I don't want to time-limit Edge as it is useful for the children's school work, but I want to limit access to e.g. youtube.com not the app; the website. How...
  5. Setting time limits for my kids

Setting time limits for my kids: HY So i have a parent account and two kids that have also a microsoft account. family acccount One of the account is logged on the same computer that i am so i've tried to set a time limit for him. The problem is i made some changes in the time limit but the system doesn't...
  6. Screen time limits for kids

Screen time limits for kids: At the beginning, "PC Screen time" worked, but after a few weeks, my son's laptop was blocked for 5 days, so that created very big problems for him to attend "online school". When my son's laptop finally unlocked, after 5 days, I set him "unlimited time" to avoid a similarly...
  7. Screen time limit excluding certain sites.

Screen time limit excluding certain sites.: Hi there - is it possible to set screen time limits by excluding certain sites. For example, lets say I want to create a 1 hour 'fun' screen time limit for my kid, but do not want any time spent on khanacademy.org to count towards this limit. Is it possible to do this?...
  8. Turn off kids time limit

Turn off kids time limit: Hi, We have been trying to turn off the timer for apps on my daughter's PC. She is, like others, doing school and other work from home now and having to dole out minutes is a pain. I've gone into our account and flipped the switch on her account to turn off time limits...
  9. Limit access to certain websites for set number of hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Limit access to certain websites for set number of hours: This question is related to restrictions set by parents for the kid. My kid (11) plays a lot of Roblox but since he broke his phone screen (due to negligence), he has to use the PC to play the game. Due to half of the class and many kids from the neighborhood being on...
  10. Time limit on Pc or allow pc to use for certain hours.

Time limit on Pc or allow pc to use for certain hours.: HI. I am not sure if similar post exist b4. So my question is I want to set time or timer that Windows log out after few hours use of PC or set time like no use of pc more than 10 PM With admin access. I know that If I make standard or Kid account may do it. But I want it in...