Windows 10: how to put windows to sleep with microsoft keyboard's favorite button

Discus and support how to put windows to sleep with microsoft keyboard's favorite button in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I would like to make one of my favorite buttons in Microsoft's keyboard to act as a sleep button. Thanks in advance Pete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PanagiotisSamartzis, Sep 18, 2020.

1. how to put windows to sleep with microsoft keyboard's favorite button

I would like to make one of my favorite buttons in Microsoft's keyboard to act as a sleep button.

Thanks in advance

Pete

:)

PanagiotisSamartzis, Sep 18, 2020

2. sleep button

Hi,

The previous update you installed could be the cause as to why you encounter this issue. We would like to ask for additional information. Please provide the following:

• Which build of Windows 10 are you using? To know about it, hit
      Start, type Winver and then press
      Enter. You could also press Windows Key + R, type
      Winver into the
      Run dialog and press Enter.
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Furthermore, we suggest that you check the Power & sleep settings
    if sleep option is enabled. Here are the steps:

• Go to Search then key in Power & Sleep.
    • On far right, select Additional power settings.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Check the Change settings that are currently unavailable, then tick
      Sleep and Save Changes.
    • If you already ticked it, then un-tick it and Save Changes.
    • Go back and tick it again, then Save Changes.

Looking forward to the requested information and the results of the recommended troubleshooting steps.

PreciousLeb, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Favorites list

Hello Kent,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to find your favorites but would like to ask a couple of questions to clarify the issue and narrow down to the root cause:

a. Which internet browser are you using - Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?

b. Are you referring to a certain location within the user drive for 'favorites'?

As per the description, it is the location asked for is ambiguous and does not specify any particular browser or Windows location to find the favorites. So, I would be happy to suggest you steps different browsers and Windows locations in the options detailed
    below:

Option 1: Microsoft Edge

If you are looking for favorites in Microsoft Edge, I would suggest you to turn on the Favorites bar in accordance to the following steps:

a. Open the Microsoft Edge.

b. Click on the More actions (...) button at the top right corner, and click on
    Settings.

c. Click on the View favorites settings button.

d. Under Show the favorites bar, turn On the button.

Check if you are able to open favorites in Edge.

Option 2: Internet Explorer

If you are looking for favorites in Internet Explorer, then you could open the Internet Explorer and press the keyboard shortcut
    ALT + C to open the favorites list or else, you could right click
    in the empty space above the address bar in Internet Explorer, and check mark for
    Favorites Bar.

Option 3: Location in user drive

You could find the favorites list in the following Windows location:

a. Press Windows key + R.

b. Type %USERPROFILE%\Favorites in the Run dialog and click
    OK

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Sahil Bali, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

how to put windows to sleep with microsoft keyboard's favorite button

Unable to import favorites from Interner Explorer to edge in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: Check Favorites folder in User profile.

• Open C: Drive.

• Select User.

• Select user profile.

• Click on Favorites.

• If you’re able to see the favorites list, then you will be able to import the Favorites from there.
    Step 2: Import Favorites from folder or from browser.

• Open the Microsoft EDGE browser.

• Click on Favorites.

• Select Favorites settings.

• Click on Import.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

how to put windows to sleep with microsoft keyboard's favorite button

1. how to put windows to sleep with microsoft keyboard's favorite button - Similar Threads - put sleep microsoft

2. How to put Windows 10 to sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to put Windows 10 to sleep?: Is there a hack to tell Windows 10 to stay the fu#& asleep at night until maybe 7am. I mean stay asleep. I know how to put Windows to sleep. But there seems to always be some software that wants to go sleep walking and wake the computer at 2am and that is very annoying...
  3. Map Microsoft 4000 ergonomic keyboard favorite buttons 1-5 to keystroke combination

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Map Microsoft 4000 ergonomic keyboard favorite buttons 1-5 to keystroke combination: Hello All, I am using the microsoft 4000 ergonomic keyboard that comes with a set of 5 "my favorites" buttons at the top that you can map to favorite applications. However, what I want to do is have it map to specific keystroke combinations instead. i.e. when I press...
  4. How to put HD to sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to put HD to sleep?: Hi, I bought by accident a NAS HD for my desktop internal and it will not go idle sleeping no matter the settings in Windows. Is there a trick to make that happen? option 1: Preferably like after f.e. 15 minutes it goes to sleep and when it is asked for through windows...
  5. Hibernate button disappeared and can't put PC to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hibernate button disappeared and can't put PC to sleep: Hi all, for the last month or so I haven't been able to switch on the hibernate option in the power settings and every time I put my computer to sleep, it stays on. Shutdown is also taking a really long time. Any idea where to start? submitted by /u/louissanderson57...
  6. MY FAVORITE KEYS MICROSOFT KEYBOARD 4000

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MY FAVORITE KEYS MICROSOFT KEYBOARD 4000: Even though I have legitimate websites, my 1 and 3 keys don't go to the programmed website and instead a dialogue box comes up blank. I have the latest software. This started just after I discovered SANTIVIRUS which has been thoroughly removed and hasn't come back. I...
  7. Put monitor to sleep not the whole os with keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Put monitor to sleep not the whole os with keyboard shortcut: I long time back, on windows 7, I found a small light weight program which, upon execution, would turn the monitor screen off sleep, but not the whole operating system. That was helpful as my physical button on the monitor was not very responsive. I am looking for a keyboard...
  8. no export favorites button in EDGE. How do I export my favorites?

in Browsers and Email
    no export favorites button in EDGE. How do I export my favorites?: no export favorites button in EDGE. How do I export my favorites including the favorites line in the top? 66205
  9. Set keyboard shortcut to put graphics outputs to sleep?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Set keyboard shortcut to put graphics outputs to sleep?: After a while of disuse, Windows put the graphics cards to sleep and the monitors go into stand-by. Is there a way to make this happen (e.g. using AutoHotKey) with a keyboard shortcut? I need the computer to keep running sometimes whilst I don't need the monitor(s) to be on....
  10. How to enable Windows 10 to be put to sleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to enable Windows 10 to be put to sleep?: I'd like to be able to use the Sleep option ["The PC stays on but uses low power. Apps stay open so when the PC wakes up, you're instantly back to where you left off."] in Windows 10. However, when I click on Sleep, the screen goes black, but everything else [case fans, etc.]...