Windows 10: how to quick format a CD

Discus and support how to quick format a CD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 14 CDs that I need to re-format. I'd like to use quick format, and that option appears on the Format options, but it will not allow me to check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SweetTasha, Feb 21, 2020.

1. how to quick format a CD

I have 14 CDs that I need to re-format. I'd like to use quick format, and that option appears on the Format options, but it will not allow me to check on it. I know erase is a lot faster, but for legal reasons don't ask LOL that is not acceptable.

Thanks for you help.

:)

SweetTasha, Feb 21, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Win 10 fails to format cd-r

Hi Clarky,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to format the CD/DVD to the right format to play the audio. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are you trying to burn the CD/DVD?
    • Are you using any third party software to burn it to audio media?
    • Are you getting any error messages/Codes?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

how to quick format a CD

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

how to quick format a CD

1. how to quick format a CD - Similar Threads - quick format

2. Full format not Quick Format stuck. What should I do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full format not Quick Format stuck. What should I do.: I am afraid if I kill it the drive will be toast.I did a full format as I am posting important information on the drive and I wanted to make sure the drive was good. It is a new drive....
  3. Full format not Quick Format stuck. What should I do.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Full format not Quick Format stuck. What should I do.: I am afraid if I kill it the drive will be toast.I did a full format as I am posting important information on the drive and I wanted to make sure the drive was good. It is a new drive....
  4. Quick format a Bitlocked drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick format a Bitlocked drive: I have a couple of dozen 1TB drives that are Bitlocked and I wish to render them unreadable, but also reuse them later.I am wondering if a Quick Format would make the rest of the original encrypted material left on the disk indecipherable because of what Quick Format actually...
  5. Quick format a Bitlocked drive

Quick format a Bitlocked drive: I have a couple of dozen 1TB drives that are Bitlocked and I wish to render them unreadable, but also reuse them later.I am wondering if a Quick Format would make the rest of the original encrypted material left on the disk indecipherable because of what Quick Format actually...
  6. how can i undo an accidental quick format of an external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i undo an accidental quick format of an external drive: Did an accidental quick Format of an external backup drive. Have not used it since. It was used as my File History drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-undo-an-accidental-quick-format-of-an/4d8742a2-af7a-41a3-b2cf-b434d32d6557
  7. how can i undo an accidental quick format of an external drive

how can i undo an accidental quick format of an external drive: Did an accidental quick Format of an external backup drive. Have not used it since. It was used as my File History drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-undo-an-accidental-quick-format-of-an/4d8742a2-af7a-41a3-b2cf-b434d32d6557
  8. Recover partition after creating new partition of whole drive and quick format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover partition after creating new partition of whole drive and quick format: Hello:I would like to know if this is possible. I saw that a drive partition was lost and though it was a new one I was installing but it was not, it was one with important data. So I created on that drive a new partition and quick format, assigning a letter. When I...
  9. Recover partition after creating new partition of whole drive and quick format

Recover partition after creating new partition of whole drive and quick format: Hello:I would like to know if this is possible. I saw that a drive partition was lost and though it was a new one I was installing but it was not, it was one with important data. So I created on that drive a new partition and quick format, assigning a letter. When I...
  10. Recover partition after creating new partition of whole drive and quick format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing