Windows 10: How to quickly locate Apps from All apps in Start Menu of Windows 11

Discus and support How to quickly locate Apps from All apps in Start Menu of Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]The Windows 11 Start Menu is significantly different from that of Windows 10. For some, this could be an advantage, while others might find the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 3, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to quickly locate Apps from All apps in Start Menu of Windows 11

How to quickly locate Apps from All apps in Start Menu of Windows 11 locate-apps-in-windows-11.png
    The Windows 11 Start Menu is significantly different from that of Windows 10. For some, this could be an advantage, while others might find the transition a little difficult. Thus, we are here to help you with tips about the Start menu. Quickly locate Apps from All apps in the Start Menu of Windows 11 […]

This article How to quickly locate Apps from All apps in Start Menu of Windows 11 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Oct 3, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Oct 3, 2021
  3. Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, Oct 3, 2021
  4. Shanester Win User

Customize Start Menu App List

Greetings,

I've already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers.

I have created an "Adobe" folder (below) in the Start Menu app list, to put Adobe apps in:

%ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe

I have moved Acrobat Reader and Photoshop Elements into the app list's Adobe folder, but I when I right-click "Notification Manager for Acrobat Reader", there is no "Open file location" option. I've tried manually moving it, but the app isn't in any of these folders:

%ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    C:\Users\All Users\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

How can I move the app shortcut?

Thanks,
    Shane.

Shanester, Oct 3, 2021
Thema:

1. How to quickly locate Apps from All apps in Start Menu of Windows 11 - Similar Threads - quickly locate Apps

2. How Remove Item in All apps in Windows 11 Start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Remove Item in All apps in Windows 11 Start menu?: I deleted the game yesterday from the game pass through the game shortcut. The game was deleted, but the shortcut remained. Planet of Lana game. I searched on the disks and in the registry and found everything with the same name and deleted it, but it did not help. I...
  3. How Remove Item in All apps in Windows 11 Start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Remove Item in All apps in Windows 11 Start menu?: I deleted the game yesterday from the game pass through the game shortcut. The game was deleted, but the shortcut remained. Planet of Lana game. I searched on the disks and in the registry and found everything with the same name and deleted it, but it did not help. I...
  4. Apps was missing from windows 11 start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps was missing from windows 11 start menu: recently i just change my laptop SSD to a lager one, so i make a clean install of windows 11, but i keep getting problem, those problem make me format and install so many times, sometimes either the fingerprint not working, or some of the feature not working, or sometimes...
  5. Windows 11 Start Menu All Apps - Ghost App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Start Menu All Apps - Ghost App: Hi all,I have leftovers of the app; YouTube still in the all apps part of my start menu. It must have been an extension app, I added with the Opera GX browser, however it did not uninstall when I removed that app.I have tried right clicking, to uninstall it from the start...
  6. Windows 11 Start Menu All Apps - Ghost App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Start Menu All Apps - Ghost App: Hi all,I have leftovers of the app; YouTube still in the all apps part of my start menu. It must have been an extension app, I added with the Opera GX browser, however it did not uninstall when I removed that app.I have tried right clicking, to uninstall it from the start...
  7. Removing Store Apps From All Apps On Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing Store Apps From All Apps On Start Menu: I want to organize the All Apps list on the Start Menu, but I need to get rid of the apps that clutter it up. I would prefer to do it without replacing the start menu with something like Classic Shell and I don't want to delete all the apps, so I've been attempting to find a...
  8. All apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All apps in start menu: So I just installed the anniversary update and it changed the start menu so it is now showing "All apps", I have browsed the settings but can't seem to figure out how to turn this off... I want to turn off the list that appears to the left that is showing all the crap...
  9. All Apps in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps in Start Menu: Hi. My computer received what appears to be a large Windows 10 update (many of my settings seemed to have defaulted back). One setting that puzzles me is that when I launch the Start Menu, the "All Apps" menu is expanded instead of the one I had (see the picture below). I...
  10. All Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps on Start Menu: I gotta question. It's not a big deal, but I'm kinda anal. The all apps button on the left edge of the start menu: on my menu it's up at the top of the menu. On every picture I've ever seen, the all apps button is at the bottom left of the menu right above the Start...