Windows 10: How to raise microphone volume?

Discus and support How to raise microphone volume? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am in trouble. I’ve bought a really expensive PC - Astro A40 with a mixamp and connected it to Mod Mic 5 but the volume is so low that I talk louder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vesvespa, Oct 14, 2018.

1. vesvespa Win User

How to raise microphone volume?

I am in trouble. I’ve bought a really expensive PC - Astro A40 with a mixamp and connected it to Mod Mic 5 but the volume is so low that I talk louder. I did a lot of troubleshooting actions like updating drivers, disabling other apps that take over the mike. And I really don’t know what to do, I tried everything, please, help!

:)

vesvespa, Oct 14, 2018
  2. Vicky Acs Win User

Headphones' Microphone Volume Under the "Levels" Tab Disappeared

We suggest that you check the following steps on how to raise the mic volume:

• Check the Speaker icon on the system tray. Right click on it and choose "Recording Devices" menu.
    • This will show Sound window. Go to Recording tab of Sound window, you will notice the microphone which is active that has a green check mark. Right click on the active microphone and select "Properties".
    • You will now see Microphone Properties window. Go to the
      Levels
      tab and you will now see Microphone and
      Microphone Boos
      t. You can use the sliders to modify your volume settings. Click
      OK button to save changes.

Let us know how it works so we can further assist you.

Vicky Acs, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

Microphone headset won't pick up speech in Windows 10

Hi Terry,

Try to connect the same Microphone with a different computer and check?

I suggest you to follow the steps to raise the Mic Volume and check the status of this issue.

How to Raise the Mic Volume in Windows 10.

• Right click on Speaker on the
      System Tray.

• Select Recording Devices.

• This will bring the Sounds window on your screen. In the
      Recording tab of Sounds window, you will notice the microphone which is active, i.e. the one with a green tick mark. Right click on the active microphone and select its
      Properties

• Click on Levels tab of
      Microphone Properties. This tab exhibits you two sections:
      Microphone andMicrophone Boost.

• Use the sliders to modify your volume settings. You can take the Microphone Boost slider up to +40 dB. To save the changes, don’t forget to click
      Ok button. If you do the modification while the conversation goes on then you will get the immediate feedback of the output sound from the end user and so you can adjust the volume using the sliders as per requirement.
    Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arul_D, Oct 14, 2018
  5. AntlionJoe New Member
    Hello, I work with Antlion Audio. The problem is mostly the A40 mixamp doesn't actually supply enough voltage to the mic. You're literally better off with a 10 dollar USB sound card. You CAN raise the boost but that will result in increased line noise. Since this is my first post on this particular site, and I do not know the linking rules, I won't link anything directly, but if you come to the Antlion website and click the Discord link you can get live help from our staff that will walk you through the various solutions. There's several, including one that may make the Mixamp work, but it's really not worth the price (for the record, neither is the GSP3000).

AntlionJoe, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

1. How to raise microphone volume? - Similar Threads - raise microphone volume

2. How do I raise my microphone volume?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I raise my microphone volume?: I use a wired headset with a microphone built into it and whenever I try to record my voice, the audio from the microphone is very low or none at all. I tried everything I could, including raising recording volume from the control panel, but now it won't pick up audio from my...
  3. How do I raise my microphone volume?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I raise my microphone volume?: I use a wired headset with a microphone built into it and whenever I try to record my voice, the audio from the microphone is very low or none at all. I tried everything I could, including raising recording volume from the control panel, but now it won't pick up audio from my...
  4. Volume raises when space bar is pressed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume raises when space bar is pressed.: So i recently got a Bluetooth keyboard Anker A7726 and it was working fine until i noticed that whenever I pressed the spacebar the volume raised. I was playing a game where I had to constantly be tapping it, so whenever i had to, the volume would raise until it was at max....
  5. Volume raises when space bar is pressed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume raises when space bar is pressed.: So i recently got a Bluetooth keyboard Anker A7726 and it was working fine until i noticed that whenever I pressed the spacebar the volume raised. I was playing a game where I had to constantly be tapping it, so whenever i had to, the volume would raise until it was at max....
  6. How to lock Microphone Volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to lock Microphone Volume: I read a lot of forums but there were no answers. When I talk in a Microsoft Teams Video Call something changes my Microphone Volume down to 0. I already took the check from the box so no app has control about my device but Teams is still doing this. I know its German...
  7. Audio Driver breaks after raising volume.

Audio Driver breaks after raising volume.: I have a very strange issue where my volume is stuck at 69% and if I raise or lower it my audio stops working in any of my ports front or back but audio on my computer is still detected on my speakers realtek High Definition audio driver The only fix i found is to uninstall...
  8. Raising Video Game Volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Raising Video Game Volume: I use Nvidia Shadowplay in order to record small clips in the heat of the moment (funny or epic moments) and I've noticed my mic volume is super loud even on the 1% option inside of the Nvidia Shadowplay audio capture section. I've been thinking about lowering my actual mic...
  9. how to increase the microphone volume

how to increase the microphone volume: How do you increase the volume on the computer. it has very low voume and is not really useful as is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-the-microphone-volume/6c6138ca-66c9-41a9-b8a5-0e2cafbcead6
  10. Cannot raise the volume on my HyperX headset.

Cannot raise the volume on my HyperX headset.: I have a hyperX surround sound headset. Its through USB because that's how to connect it to PC. in discord calls people say I'm quiet, so I went into sounds to raise the levels of my input and its stuck on 0 and wont move when I slide it. I have no idea why, but it would be a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. raise microphone volume

2. how to raise the microphone volume

3. raise volume of microphone

4. raise volumn of microfoan,
  5. how to make mic louder pc,
  6. how do i make my microphone louder,
  7. how to turn microphone volume up on pc,
  8. mic booster,
  9. neewer nw-700 software