Windows 10: How to randomize multiple monitor wallpapers.

Discus and support How to randomize multiple monitor wallpapers. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Some time ago, back before one of the updates we just went through with Win 10, I had everything working as I wanted it to, as far as my wallpapers go.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jj77669, Oct 17, 2018.

1. jj77669 Win User

How to randomize multiple monitor wallpapers.

Some time ago, back before one of the updates we just went through with Win 10, I had everything working as I wanted it to, as far as my wallpapers go.
    I have been using 3 monitors for quite a bit, and when I originally set my wallpapers to "slideshow" and using the "shuffle" option set to -on, all 3 monitors had a different image from my folder showing. When they all changed, they would each be showing a different image again. I liked how that was.
    The other day my GF declared that her PC stopped displaying 2 separate images, and wished it would go back to how it was before. I have been so absorbed with work lately, that I had failed to notice, mine was doing the same thing. All 3 monitors show the same image, no matter what.

TL;DR: Desktop wallpapers for multiple monitors used to be different when set to slideshow and shuffle, now they each show the same image.

How do I change this back the way it was? Is there a registry setting, or something?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:)

jj77669, Oct 17, 2018

2. Wallpaper with multiple monitors

Hi Bandalo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand that you are unable to select different wallpaper for each display in Extend display mode.

There might be some issues with system files or viruses, which is not allowing you to select different wallpapers

Please perform some of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: Update/Install the Display Adapter driver.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to install/update the Display Adapter driver.

Steps to install the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open Run command.
    • In Run window type devmgmt.msc.
    • Then in device manager right click on Display Adapter.
    • Try to update the drivers from the option stating automatically update the drivers.
    • If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website.

Method 2: Please try to run SFC Scan on your computer to check all system files are working fine or not.

In order to run System File Checker (SFC) you can follow the steps provided in the following link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

After completion of this scan please restart computer and then check the status of your computer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Bandalo76 Win User
    Wallpaper with multiple monitors

I have tried both methods, and had zero success.

I do not see how resetting the Windows Store cache will correct a problem with changing my wallpaper.

I do agree with the previous poster who said the apps are missing basic features. With his workaround I can change my wallpaper on both monitors. Both suggestions provided by "Microsoft Support Engineers" have not even properly addressed the question and
    simply provided cut-and-paste answers.

Bandalo76, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Using different folders of wallpapers for different Slideshow on each monitors

Hi,

You can set different wallpapers for multiple monitors without having to install a third-party software. To do this, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the empty area of desktop and then click Personalize.
    • Under Choose your picture section, right-click on a picture which you want to set as a desktop background for one of your monitors. You will see a context menu, and you can select which monitor to use.
    • You can also use the Browse button to browse to the picture you want to set as a wallpaper. Click
      Choose picture to add it to the Choose your picture section, and press right-click on the picture.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

1. How to randomize multiple monitor wallpapers. - Similar Threads - randomize multiple monitor

2. Multiple monitors wallpaper keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitors wallpaper keeps resetting: I'm running Windows 11 and I have a laptop hooked up to 3 monitors. On each monitor I have different wallpapers but every time I restart or unplug the laptop from the docking station and plug it back it, the wallpapers reset to 1 wallpaper for all three monitors and I have to...
  3. Multiple monitors wallpaper keeps resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple monitors wallpaper keeps resetting: I'm running Windows 11 and I have a laptop hooked up to 3 monitors. On each monitor I have different wallpapers but every time I restart or unplug the laptop from the docking station and plug it back it, the wallpapers reset to 1 wallpaper for all three monitors and I have to...
  4. Desktop Wallpapers Slideshow on Multiple Monitors Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Wallpapers Slideshow on Multiple Monitors Question: I have a set up with 3 monitors - I am using the slideshow function in the Personalisation. Each Desktop has a different background Which is how I like having itHowever, I want the desktop images to change every day - as seen in how I have my settings posted above. This does...
  5. Desktop Wallpapers Slideshow on Multiple Monitors Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Wallpapers Slideshow on Multiple Monitors Question: I have a set up with 3 monitors - I am using the slideshow function in the Personalisation. Each Desktop has a different background Which is how I like having itHowever, I want the desktop images to change every day - as seen in how I have my settings posted above. This does...
  6. How to Set Different Screensavers / Animated Wallpapers for Multiple Monitors in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Set Different Screensavers / Animated Wallpapers for Multiple Monitors in Windows 10: January 14, 2021 Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to configure Windows 10 to have the following configuration? Four monitors / TV connected to the same graphics card DVI, DP, HDMI, of the PC. Monitor # 1 is the one for everyday work and does not have a...
  7. Multiple wallpapers not working

Multiple wallpapers not working: [ATTACH] How do I fix this ? Everything works fine with my 4 monitors, but when I want to select different wallpaper, I get all screens or screen 4, the wallpaper shows on all 4 screens whatever I pick....
  8. Multi Monitor Custom Wallpaper Randomly Disappears

Multi Monitor Custom Wallpaper Randomly Disappears: Been having this issue for a couple of weeks now, where out of nowhere, one of my four monitor's background custom image will "disappear", and the monitor will be black. If I hit refresh, the image sometimes comes back, but one or more of the other monitors' backgrounds will...
  9. Can't select different wallpapers for multiple monitors

Can't select different wallpapers for multiple monitors: Hi, I can't seem to select a different wallpaper for different monitors. When I right click on an image it only shows the following: [img] Does anyone know what's wrong? Thanks! 41192
  10. Multiple monitor wallpaper keeps switching

Multiple monitor wallpaper keeps switching: I have 2 monitors in extended desktop mode and each one has a different wallpaper. I saved them as a theme but after a little while, they seem to switch witch screen they are on (monitor 1's wallpaper goes to monitor 2 and monitor 2's wallpaper goes to monitor 1). If I go...