Windows 10: How to re-activate the keyboard on my laptop

Discus and support How to re-activate the keyboard on my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I spilt water on my laptop a while back, a person trying to fix it, completely de-activated my laptop keyboard and I now have to use a bluetooth one. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JenniferKhuu, Oct 9, 2018.

1. How to re-activate the keyboard on my laptop

I spilt water on my laptop a while back, a person trying to fix it, completely de-activated my laptop keyboard and I now have to use a bluetooth one. I really want to try re-activating my laptop keyboard to see how it works but I don't know how, all the keys on it as it is right now dont work because the person completely de activated the whole keyboard. How and where do i find out how to get i to work again? I use a HP Pavilion laptop

:)

JenniferKhuu, Oct 9, 2018

2. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 9, 2018
  4. n-ster Win User

How to re-activate the keyboard on my laptop

n-ster, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

How to re-activate the keyboard on my laptop

1. How to re-activate the keyboard on my laptop - Similar Threads - activate keyboard laptop

2. How do I re-activate the fingerprint reader on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I re-activate the fingerprint reader on my laptop?: I have a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5: S/N PW003EAE. the fingerprint reader won't accept my fingerprint as of yesterday. Previously it has worked fine since the purchase on 2/9/2022. I did not create a password or a Pin, since I assumed the fingerprint reader was sufficient. I...
  3. How do I re-activate the fingerprint reader on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I re-activate the fingerprint reader on my laptop?: I have a Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5: S/N PW003EAE. the fingerprint reader won't accept my fingerprint as of yesterday. Previously it has worked fine since the purchase on 2/9/2022. I did not create a password or a Pin, since I assumed the fingerprint reader was sufficient. I...
  4. How to re-activate my windows that has already been activated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to re-activate my windows that has already been activated?: hello i have a question about my windows install i had activated my windows when i purchased this laptop but now its saying i have to re-activate and i have no clue where i put the product key. i am looking for help to re-activate it as the key should be still valid...
  5. how do i active keyboard light on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i active keyboard light on my laptop: hello how do activate my keyboard light on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-active-keyboard-light-on-my-laptop/a3130bde-561a-4b06-a37a-02d0a092bfcd
  6. how do i active keyboard light on my laptop

how do i active keyboard light on my laptop: hello how do activate my keyboard light on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-active-keyboard-light-on-my-laptop/a3130bde-561a-4b06-a37a-02d0a092bfcd
  7. Re-activating my windows

Re-activating my windows: I reinstalled my windows and now i am not able to activate it again. error is coming that other device is already been using it. how can i solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-activating-my-windows/e15fa01e-1928-42d3-b359-f641465afd55
  8. Re-activating my windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-activating my windows: I reinstalled my windows and now i am not able to activate it again. error is coming that other device is already been using it. how can i solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-activating-my-windows/e15fa01e-1928-42d3-b359-f641465afd55
  9. how to re active my windows activation product key??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to re active my windows activation product key??: in my laptop, when i started my computer newly getting an interruption message i.e., your windows activation key is expiring soon please activate your windows activation key. How can i over come through this!!???? can you suggest me sir...
  10. Windows re-activation on a new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows re-activation on a new laptop: In 2015, I have bought a licence for Windows 8.1 Home edition, which later was upgraded to Windows 10. The licence was used on a laptop which died yesterday. Today I bought another one and tried to re-activate my windows 10 licence, but it doesn't work. I have deleted my old...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to reactivate keyboard

2. reactivate laptop keyboard

3. how to reactivate your windows keyboard?

4. how to re activate keyboard,
  5. activate keyboard on laptop,
  6. aktivate laptop keyboard,
  7. how to activate keyboard on this laptop,
  8. how to reactive if the keyboard on the laptop,
  9. reactivate keyboard on laptop,
  10. activate my laptop keyboard,
  11. how to reactivate desktop keyboard,
  12. re-activate laptop keyboard,
  13. laptop keyboard activate,
  14. laptop keyboard activate windows 10,
  15. windows 10 reactive keyboard