Windows 10: How to re-activate windows 10 after upgrading CPU?

Discus and support How to re-activate windows 10 after upgrading CPU? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Well this is stupid, windows has lost my key as i've upgraded processor. I tried following:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CrayzCrinkle, Mar 13, 2019.

1. How to re-activate windows 10 after upgrading CPU?

Well this is stupid, windows has lost my key as i've upgraded processor.

I tried following: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

but this isn't working. After the "I changed hardware on this device recently" step it just tells me:"

Unable to activate Windows
    We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for reactivating the device you’re using right now. Make sure you’re signed in with the same Microsoft account you linked to the Windows 10 digital license on this device or try again later.

See other devices linked to your Microsoft account

Learn more

You can also activate this device by going to the Store and purchasing a genuine copy of Windows. "

I am not buying windows again, I already bought it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

CrayzCrinkle, Mar 13, 2019
  2. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      How to re-activate windows 10 after upgrading CPU? [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Mar 13, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

How to re-activate windows 10 after upgrading CPU?

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

How to re-activate windows 10 after upgrading CPU?

1. How to re-activate windows 10 after upgrading CPU? - Similar Threads - activate upgrading CPU

2. Activating Windows after motherboard and cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows after motherboard and cpu upgrade: I just upgraded my motherboard and cpu, now windows won't let me activate. I have a digital license tied to my microsoft account but it won't let me install and activate with the new motherboard and cpu. I bought the license retail a long time ago and it was upgraded to...
  3. Activating Windows after motherboard and cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Windows after motherboard and cpu upgrade: I just upgraded my motherboard and cpu, now windows won't let me activate. I have a digital license tied to my microsoft account but it won't let me install and activate with the new motherboard and cpu. I bought the license retail a long time ago and it was upgraded to...
  4. Activating Windows after motherboard and cpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 re-activation after motherboard upgrade

Windows 10 re-activation after motherboard upgrade: I have recently upgraded my PC motherboard, having obtained a digital licence on my microsoft account with the original motherboard. When trying to activate windows using the new motherboard, I'm told that microsoft can't find any devices. There are 2 devices on my account...
  6. Re-activating free windows 10 upgrade after hardware upgrade

Re-activating free windows 10 upgrade after hardware upgrade: Hi, I upgraded to W10 way back when the free upgrade was being offered. I recently got a new PC but kept my existing SSD with W10 on. It's suddenly decided my copy of W10 isn't activated/genuine. I've read through all the guides and done all the recommended troubleshooting...
  7. Windows 10 re-activation after hardware upgrade

Windows 10 re-activation after hardware upgrade: I purchased a retail copy of Windows 7 many years ago and upgraded to Windows 10 when it was offered, which granted me a digital license. Recently, I upgraded my motherboard and CPU. But, before I did this I linked my upgraded Windows 10 to my Microsoft account so that after...
  8. Upgrade cpu and Windows 10 activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade cpu and Windows 10 activation: I have a older laptop a HP Probook 6465b that only has a AMD A4-3330MX 2.2GHz( 2 cores) looking online I see this laptop supports an A8-3510MX 1.8GHz (4 Cores) will I see much difference in the way it runs and will upgrading to the A8 mess up the Windows activation? The...
  9. How to re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade?

How to re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade?: Hi, I have a (legit) copy of Windows 10 and I've just upgraded my PC's motherboard and GPU. Windows is telling me that I need to activate again my license. When I choose the "I've recently upgrade my hardware" option, I'm redirected to the Windows store to buy a new copy of...
  10. Windows 10 activation after a mobo+cpu upgrade

Windows 10 activation after a mobo+cpu upgrade: I recently changed my mobo and cpu and after i had to reinstall windows but when it booted up. I noticed the watermark in the bottom right corner. And i tried to activate windows and i dindt succeed i tried the option to activate windows after a hardware change and i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if I am upgrading my cpu do I have to reactivate windows 10 2019