Windows 10: How to re-add cards to News and Interests taskbar section on local account.

Discus and support How to re-add cards to News and Interests taskbar section on local account. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; On my local account I accidently hid the weather card and I cannot get it back, If I sign in to a Microsoft account then I can re-add cards, but the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by leathan, Jun 12, 2021.

1. leathan Win User

How to re-add cards to News and Interests taskbar section on local account.

On my local account I accidently hid the weather card and I cannot get it back, If I sign in to a Microsoft account then I can re-add cards, but the second I go back to a local account the card is once again removed.I accidently removed it while in local account mode, and thats the mode I want :

:)

leathan, Jun 12, 2021

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jun 12, 2021
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 12, 2021
  4. How to re-add cards to News and Interests taskbar section on local account.

Cannot switch to local account

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Refer to these steps to convert Microsoft account into Local User account:

• Click on Windows button, then click on
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts then click on
      Your account

• Click on Sign in with a local account instead.

• Following the Online instructions.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to create a new Local user account and check if that helps you.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “User Accounts” and click on “Manage another Account”.

• Click on “Add a new user in PC Settings”. Follow the on screen directions to complete the process.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

How to re-add cards to News and Interests taskbar section on local account.

1. How to re-add cards to News and Interests taskbar section on local account. - Similar Threads - add cards News

2. News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating: I have to manually click the refresh button for anything to update. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-in-taskbar-not-auto-updating/066738ab-7770-4c91-afc9-7f82dc8e334f
  3. News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar: I searched for this issue beforehand, but while others have had related issues, they did not seem to be quite the same. Also, the recommended fixes failed.My News and Interests Widget is blank, but only on the taskbar. It no longer shows any icon OR information, such at the...
  4. How to remove the news and interests section?

How to remove the news and interests section?: To whom it may concern,How do I remove the news and interests section on the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-the-news-and-interests-section/5ad37fb1-ebe1-430e-a4d5-13421cde47d2
  5. News and Interests Widget - turn off News Card?

News and Interests Widget - turn off News Card?: I'm intrigued by the "News and Interests" widget that's appeared in Windows 10, but I'm looking for help controlling it. It seems I can toggle on/off many of the "cards" - weather, sports, traffic - but not the "news feed". That's the only one I *DONT* want - I'm not...
  6. Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings: I turned off the News and Interests feature on my taskbar. Why? Because the only news I want to see popping up on my desktop is weather and technology, however, regardless of how I customize the news feed, it still displays national news, politics, and sports and whatnot....
  7. News and Interests on Taskbar

News and Interests on Taskbar: I would like for the News and Interests app to show local weather information on the Taskbar itself instead of just the icon. I have checked "Show icon and text" and "Open on hover." What else should I do?...
  8. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar: When I display N&I i don't get the weather icon. I get the icon shown below. Clicking on this icon does bring up some feeds but the weather is not one of them. Is there something else I need to do to get the weather icon? I think when N&I first became available the weather...
  9. News and Interests on the taskbar

News and Interests on the taskbar: This feature just appeared on the taskbar about a 10 days ago and then disappeared after a bios update. Perhaps this is coincidental, but that is when I noticed it was gone and not in the menu for the taskbar. I have Windows 10 home 20H2 Build 19042.985 Also, KB5001391 is...
  10. How to disable News and Interests in the taskbar?

How to disable News and Interests in the taskbar?: Is there a way to completely disable the new News and Interests in the Windows 10 taskbar? I don't mean the Hide option but really disable it?This thing is forced down our throats and really should be an opt-in feature. MS really is adding more and more BS :...