Windows 10: How to re-bind lock screen key bind

Discus and support How to re-bind lock screen key bind in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The default keybind for lock screen is Meta+L. I am running a VM with i3wm inside of it, and I need Meta+L to select the container to the left. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by David Horowitz, Mar 24, 2020.

1. How to re-bind lock screen key bind

The default keybind for lock screen is Meta+L. I am running a VM with i3wm inside of it, and I need Meta+L to select the container to the left. If I want to ever do that, my laptop host will lock the screen. How can I change that keybind, so that I can use Meta+L inside my VM, and have Windows ignore it?

Thanks!

:)

David Horowitz, Mar 24, 2020
  2. wtf8269 Win User

HL2 Key Binding

Does anybody know if it's possible to bind more than one key to a single command? I'd like to bind a keyboard key in addition to the left mouse button to fire. This way I can program a macro for my G15 to throw a grenade, take out the gravity gun, pick up the grenade, and throw the grenade all with the push of one key.

wtf8269, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Karla Alm Win User
    Bind a keystroke to a key

Hello,

Binding a keystroke to a key is currently unavailable. However, we suggest that you post your comments and suggestions to
    Windows Feedback. To do that, just click Start menu then type
    Windows Feedback and sign in with your Microsoft account.

We appreciate your feedback.

Thank you.

Karla Alm, Mar 24, 2020
  4. [dmol] Win User

How to re-bind lock screen key bind

Key Bind

I pressed some kind of key bind or key while I was playing a game and now my desktop and any programs I open have different border and the desktop is outlined and opened programs are different colors. How do I fix this/what is the key bind for this?

If it helps, the top borderline of the google chrome window is now purple when it used to be white I believe, and the open programs are highlighted in a light blue/teal color.

[dmol], Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

How to re-bind lock screen key bind

1. How to re-bind lock screen key bind - Similar Threads - bind lock screen

2. A way to bind a key combo to tab into a particular window / application?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A way to bind a key combo to tab into a particular window / application?: For example. I can bind “ ALT + NUMPAD 1 “ To always tab into opening up the same window for Spotify or whatever app/window I assigned it to I have to use multiple applications but don’t have 2 screens at the moment and need to constantly check between windows , I know I can...
  3. Changing key bind for screen captures.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing key bind for screen captures.: Hello, my Windows 10 uses Fn, Alt and PrtSc to copy a screenshot to the clipboard, however my previous laptop uses just only PrtSc to copy a screenshot to clipboard. Is there a way I can change the keybind? submitted by /u/CyanaAquarius_ [link] [comments]...
  4. PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible: I've got Windows 10 Home, Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363. I haven't been having any specific problems, but tonight I looked at my System Information and on the Summary page I noticed a couple of entries that I really don't understand. PCR7 Configuration Binding Not...
  5. Xbox wireless adapter won't bind

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox wireless adapter won't bind: Hi, I have an Xbox wireless adapter and two controllers. I have a laptop and desktop. The adapter installs correctly on both computers. On the desktop it will never connect to a controller. I have run through the trouble shooting. I uninstalled the driver and rebooted....
  6. assembly bind log

in Windows 10 Customization
    assembly bind log: how do you activate the assembly bind log? aoyagi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/assembly-bind-log/a385c748-71a7-4620-bec9-05830dc4b9f7
  7. Prevent games from disabling global key bindings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent games from disabling global key bindings.: Dark Souls, most Bethesda games and a few others love locking global hotkeys, IE I have ctrl and pageup to fast forward to skip ads on podcasts, it gets annoying when I have to alt tab away.... The media keys work half the time but only for default...
  8. How would I bind a key to change current on screen games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How would I bind a key to change current on screen games?: So I'm trying to play two games at once, I want to be able to alt tab between them with ease. How would I set that up? Thanks *Biggrin Fullscreen windowed games, too. 29069
  9. Odd Problem with mouse binds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Odd Problem with mouse binds: So, on my mouse, the logitech g303, whenever i press mouse3, it registers as mouse1. If there was a way to reset all my key binds to default, that would be great. When I press mouse1, it does not act as mouse3. I have already tried changing all of my key binds through the...
  10. adapters and bindings change order not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    adapters and bindings change order not working: hello i tried change adapters and bindings order but its not working i followed this but when i re enter the pop-up in the picture (after setting my new priority order) the new order is gone and the old is there Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button [img]...