Windows 10: How to re-bind lock screen key bind

Discus and support How to re-bind lock screen key bind in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The default keybind for lock screen is Meta+L. I am running a VM with i3wm inside of it, and I need Meta+L to select the container to the left. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by David Horowitz, Mar 24, 2020.

1. How to re-bind lock screen key bind

The default keybind for lock screen is Meta+L. I am running a VM with i3wm inside of it, and I need Meta+L to select the container to the left. If I want to ever do that, my laptop host will lock the screen. How can I change that keybind, so that I can use Meta+L inside my VM, and have Windows ignore it?

Thanks!

:)

David Horowitz, Mar 24, 2020
  2. wtf8269 Win User

HL2 Key Binding

Does anybody know if it's possible to bind more than one key to a single command? I'd like to bind a keyboard key in addition to the left mouse button to fire. This way I can program a macro for my G15 to throw a grenade, take out the gravity gun, pick up the grenade, and throw the grenade all with the push of one key.

wtf8269, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Karla Alm Win User
    Bind a keystroke to a key

Hello,

Binding a keystroke to a key is currently unavailable. However, we suggest that you post your comments and suggestions to
    Windows Feedback. To do that, just click Start menu then type
    Windows Feedback and sign in with your Microsoft account.

We appreciate your feedback.

Thank you.

Karla Alm, Mar 24, 2020
  4. [dmol] Win User

How to re-bind lock screen key bind

Key Bind

I pressed some kind of key bind or key while I was playing a game and now my desktop and any programs I open have different border and the desktop is outlined and opened programs are different colors. How do I fix this/what is the key bind for this?

If it helps, the top borderline of the google chrome window is now purple when it used to be white I believe, and the open programs are highlighted in a light blue/teal color.

[dmol], Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

How to re-bind lock screen key bind

1. How to re-bind lock screen key bind - Similar Threads - bind lock screen

2. Faulty Key binds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Faulty Key binds: Hi,Suddenly as i was typing three of my key binds q, w, and e stopped responding. As i looked for ways to fix it like updating my keyboard drivers, the key binds came back to life and i was able to type for a very short period of time. From then they have not worked and a day...
  3. Faulty Key binds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Faulty Key binds: Hi,Suddenly as i was typing three of my key binds q, w, and e stopped responding. As i looked for ways to fix it like updating my keyboard drivers, the key binds came back to life and i was able to type for a very short period of time. From then they have not worked and a day...
  4. Shortcut key binding...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut key binding...: I've already used "CTRL + Alt + P" for other supposed for A thing but I uninstalled it. Now I want to bind the same key combination CTRL + Alt + P for other supposed for B thing. But Win doesn't allowing me to do it.Any ideas around it?I also don't know where to categories...
  5. Shortcut key binding...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut key binding...: I've already used "CTRL + Alt + P" for other supposed for A thing but I uninstalled it. Now I want to bind the same key combination CTRL + Alt + P for other supposed for B thing. But Win doesn't allowing me to do it.Any ideas around it?I also don't know where to categories...
  6. useful key binds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    useful key binds: BOOT: f2* and f12sign in: none currentlyin windows: ctrl alt delete, win + r , alt + tab some others im to lazy to list* this is pretty good because it goes into boot menu witch if the manufacture hasn't removed it looking at you kogan or given it a custom one im looking at...
  7. My S key and capS LOCK key SEEM TO BE BINDED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My S key and capS LOCK key SEEM TO BE BINDED: For SOME REAson my S KEY AND CAPs lock key SEEM TO BE BINDED. I do not know how to fix thiS. wHENEVER I type "S" IT TURNs capS LOCK OFF OR ON. Whenever I preSs CAPs lock it typeS s. sO, BAsically, the S KEY PERFORMs both itS FUCTION As an S KEY As well aS THE FNTION OF THE...
  8. Binding key to multiple keystrokes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Binding key to multiple keystrokes: Hi, Need to bind a specific key to send to input multiple keys. For ex: If user hits y the OS receives 123, if user hits n the OS receives 321. Utils like AutoHotKey could do it but I am curious if this can be done on the OS level. If not, could a looping PowerShell script...
  9. Creating Custom Key-Bindings

Creating Custom Key-Bindings: I'm looking for resources to learn how to configure custom key-combinations for common actions. For example, configuring F4 to save-and-exit currently open window (or atleast, close the window). I'd appreciate any help/advice in this regard. submitted by /u/CRTejaswi...
  10. Changing key bind for screen captures.

Changing key bind for screen captures.: Hello, my Windows 10 uses Fn, Alt and PrtSc to copy a screenshot to the clipboard, however my previous laptop uses just only PrtSc to copy a screenshot to clipboard. Is there a way I can change the keybind? submitted by /u/CyanaAquarius_ [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bind key to lock windows