Windows 10: How to re-enable address bar in Edge

Discus and support How to re-enable address bar in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Version 1903 OS Build 18362.533 Since yesterday I have been unable to type in the address bar or the Bing Search box. I can't even use copy/paste to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Snugglebugs, Jan 9, 2020.

1. How to re-enable address bar in Edge

Version 1903 OS Build 18362.533

Since yesterday I have been unable to type in the address bar or the Bing Search box. I can't even use copy/paste to get something in it. I found various suggestions of which I am using the link How to Reinstall Microsoft Edge Browser in Windows 10
    That is a complete remove and install Edge process which I will try if there is nothing simpler I find.

I have tried CC cleanup and checked with MalwareBytes - no problems there. I will try the SFC via ImageHealth.
    I also tried looking at the MS.Edge.etc task scheduler situation but MsCtfMonitor is already enabled.

I suspect that Google is at the heart of the problem as yesterday my wife asked me to try and modify her Gmail account and I got a validation email from there (my private email address is the backup contact) and everything went haywire after I tried their procedure using Edge!

I am writing this as Firefox still works! By the way, Word, Notepad, Email client etc don't have any problem so it can't be a keyboard fault.

:)

Snugglebugs, Jan 9, 2020

2. Microsoft Edge Address Bar

Hi Zach,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to open actual address of websites with short forms as you wish:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions(...) at the right top corner.
    • Click on View advanced settings, under Search in the address bar with
      click on down arrow.
    • Choose <add new>, try to add the default website.
    Secondly, as opening pages in new tab is set by design, I suggest you to provide this as a feedback.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 9, 2020
  3. brummyfan Win User
    IE11 address bar suggestions

Hi,
    Go to Internet Options, click Autocomplete Settings in Content tab, tick "Suggesting URLs" box and click OK.

How to re-enable address bar in Edge [​IMG]

brummyfan, Jan 9, 2020
  4. How to re-enable address bar in Edge

IE11 address bar suggestions

I prefer IE11 over edge but one thing I noticed is when I start typing an address or search term in the address bar I only get a list of some historical sites. There is no drop down showing any suggestions (which I see on my other Windows 7 machine). If I type a word and press enter the search does work as the results are all displayed in the main browser window. It's just the drop down suggestions as you type I am wondering about. Does the feature even work on Windows 10? I thought it would of been enabled by default - how does one enable this feature? I'm not bothered if it's Bing or google powered, would just like it to work.

cheers
    Wayne

Scottyboy99, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

How to re-enable address bar in Edge

1. How to re-enable address bar in Edge - Similar Threads - enable address bar

2. How to change address bar width in Edge?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change address bar width in Edge?: [IMG] I have a major problem; Edge shrinks the address bar down to accommodate buttons for addons: https://preview.redd.it/2z6dd15z2du81.png?width=2562&format=png&auto=webp&s=f68e39b6e448ad2ca49fc8cb1023ae5ac32a8944 It makes it impossible to see the URL. I suppose I...
  3. How to enable and use Edge Bar in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable and use Edge Bar in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]If you want to use Microsoft Edge from anywhere, you must enable and use the Edge bar feature. It helps you get a compact Microsoft Edge browser that you can use from almost any screen. Here is how you turn on the Edge bar and use it on Windows 11/10. What is Edge...
  4. How to re-enable the use of Random hardware address feature.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to re-enable the use of Random hardware address feature.: This problem is on my home laptop and I noticed the option to turn on Random Hardware Address in the wifi setting is disabled. I'm quite sure that this is the work of my parents. submitted by /u/xXDogememezXx [link] [comments]...
  5. How to enable and use Address Bar Quick Actions in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable and use Address Bar Quick Actions in Microsoft Edge: Google Chrome already allows its users to execute several functions directly from the address bar. Taking a cue from this, Microsoft Edge has rolled out a similar capability. The browser has added quick actions that you launch directly from the address bar. Let’s see how to...
  6. How to Enable or Disable Address Bar Drop-down List Suggestions in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Address Bar Drop-down List Suggestions in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]When you hop on the Microsoft Edge browser to visit a website, the usual […] This article How to Enable or Disable Address Bar Drop-down List Suggestions in Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Problem with Edge address bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Edge address bar: When I input something there and click on Enter, it directs me to IP. And It doesn’t understand when I am typing. It is not the only problem. Windows Defender is not working as well...
  8. How to remove history in address bar in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to remove history in address bar in Edge?: . *Banghead Win 10 Pro build 18362. Having the worst time removing the 'history' of web addresses I have visited in edge. It has always been a thorn in my side, and why I used IE-11 all this time since installing 10 (and updated it). Many many pages in IE-11 no longer work...
  9. Enable or Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge: How to: Enable or Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge How to Enable or Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is...
  10. Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions: How to: Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions How to Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Address Bar Drop-down Suggestions in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge address bar

2. unable to type in address bar 2020