Windows 10: How to re-enable audio

Discus and support How to re-enable audio in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't hear any notification sounds, like the low battery sound or the e-mail received. I can hear everything else. I do believe that I somehow ended... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dante S1, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Dante S1 Win User

How to re-enable audio

I can't hear any notification sounds, like the low battery sound or the e-mail received. I can hear everything else. I do believe that I somehow ended up deactivating the sounds, but how do I re-enable them?

:)

Dante S1, Feb 15, 2023

2. Re-enable audio device

Hi,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, I would need little information on the issue.

• Are using speakers / head phones to listen to audio?
    If you have disabled the audio device, then you might not see it under the list of playback devices. I would suggest you to follow these steps to make sure you see the disabled devices:

• Open
        Control panel

• Click Hardware and Sound and then Click on
        Sounds.

• Under Playback tab, right click on the empty area and make sure
        “Show Disabled Devices” has a check mark on it. If headphones/Speakers are disabled, it will now show up in the list.

• Right click on the device and
        Enable it. Click OK.
    If the issue still persists, try enabling speakers automatically using steps below.

• Go to Settings> Click on themes> Advance sound settings> right click on the speakers or the audio device youo have connected > click on
      Configure device.

• Test the sound level you want, click Next.

• And configure the audio devices.

Hope this helps you. Do reply if you need further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Feb 15, 2023
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Feb 15, 2023
  4. How to re-enable audio

Dolby Audio won't load.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to Run the audio troubleshooter.

You might be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with audio.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and click
      Troubleshooting.

• In the left pane click on View all

• Select Troubleshoot Audio Playback.

• Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    Let’s try below steps and check if it helps:

• Press (Windows + X) and select
      control panel
    • Click on the Sound icon.
    • Under play back devices, right click on an empty area and place a check mark on “Show Disabled Devices” and “Show disconnected Devices.
    • You will now see the disabled audio devices with the arrow pointing down on them.
    • Right click on each listed disabled audio device that you want to enable, click on
      Enable and set it as default.
    • Click OK to close the Sound window.
    • Restart the computer and check the result.
    If the issue persists you can try the below steps and check if it helps:

Check if any of the sound items in the device manager is disabled. If yes, then enable it. To do this, try these steps.

• Go to Device manager.
    • Expand Sound, video and game controllers’ item.
    • Right click the sub sound items and click
      enable.
    • Restart the computer and check the result.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 15, 2023
Thema:

How to re-enable audio

1. How to re-enable audio - Similar Threads - enable audio

2. Enable/Disable Audio devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable/Disable Audio devices: Hi,I want to enable/disable audio devices listed in sound control panel mmsys.cpl but either through programmatically or through any power shell commands/scripts.I tried using WMI APIs, Core Audio APIs, pnputil, devcon utilities. But with any of these I am either able to...
  3. Enable/Disable Audio devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable/Disable Audio devices: Hi,I want to enable/disable audio devices listed in sound control panel mmsys.cpl but either through programmatically or through any power shell commands/scripts.I tried using WMI APIs, Core Audio APIs, pnputil, devcon utilities. But with any of these I am either able to...
  4. Enable/Disable Audio devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. how can i re-enable the audio driver pop-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i re-enable the audio driver pop-up: i clicked on the box to make it so that the pop up wouldnt appear when i plugged in my headset, but it kept reading it as headphoes, and even after checking in my settings and control panel, there was nothing to do with realtek visible.i very much would appreciate any help to...
  6. how can i re-enable the audio driver pop-up

how can i re-enable the audio driver pop-up: i clicked on the box to make it so that the pop up wouldnt appear when i plugged in my headset, but it kept reading it as headphoes, and even after checking in my settings and control panel, there was nothing to do with realtek visible.i very much would appreciate any help to...
  7. how can i re-enable the audio driver pop-up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows 11 Pro: Audio cuts out when multiple outputs are enabled and used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro: Audio cuts out when multiple outputs are enabled and used: I have Windows 11 Pro and I have two main audio outputs: one is named "Voice" and is used for communicating with others like through Zoom, Discord or any other communication app. The other is "Game" which is used for any and all media including YouTube, Spotify, Games, System...
  9. Windows 11 Pro: Audio cuts out when multiple outputs are enabled and used

Windows 11 Pro: Audio cuts out when multiple outputs are enabled and used: I have Windows 11 Pro and I have two main audio outputs: one is named "Voice" and is used for communicating with others like through Zoom, Discord or any other communication app. The other is "Game" which is used for any and all media including YouTube, Spotify, Games, System...
  10. How to re-enable handsfree audio on bluetooth device Sony WH-1000 XM4 [URGENT]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to re-enable handsfree audio on bluetooth device Sony WH-1000 XM4 [URGENT]: I was trying to fix an audio issue on my Sony WH-1000 XM4 headphones where the audio would always be the bluetooth handsfree AG audio, which would have poor audio quality. I found a fix online saying to uncheck handsfree telephony under Control Panel > Devices and Printers >...