Windows 10: How to re-enable device without getting a restart?

Discus and support How to re-enable device without getting a restart? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have disabled Intel P530 on-board Display adapter in order to used 3D program that can't switch VGA. Then, normally I will enable it back with no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MrVatana, Apr 12, 2020.

1. MrVatana Win User

How to re-enable device without getting a restart?

I have disabled Intel P530 on-board Display adapter in order to used 3D program that can't switch VGA. Then, normally I will enable it back with no problem.

However, I can't enable it back this time as it will restart the computer as soon as I enable it.
    Updating Intel P530 driver is also put my computer to restart too.

I would like to know if anyone has an idea to fix this problem.

Thank in advance.

Device
    Dell Precision 7510
    CPU: Xeon E3-1535M
    VGA: Intel P530 / NVIDIA Quadro M2000M
    Window 10

:)

MrVatana, Apr 12, 2020

2. Re-enable audio device

Hi,

I would be happy to assist you.

Before we proceed with troubleshooting, I would need little information on the issue.

• Are using speakers / head phones to listen to audio?
    If you have disabled the audio device, then you might not see it under the list of playback devices. I would suggest you to follow these steps to make sure you see the disabled devices:

• Open
        Control panel

• Click Hardware and Sound and then Click on
        Sounds.

• Under Playback tab, right click on the empty area and make sure
        “Show Disabled Devices” has a check mark on it. If headphones/Speakers are disabled, it will now show up in the list.

• Right click on the device and
        Enable it. Click OK.
    If the issue still persists, try enabling speakers automatically using steps below.

• Go to Settings> Click on themes> Advance sound settings> right click on the speakers or the audio device youo have connected > click on
      Configure device.

• Test the sound level you want, click Next.

• And configure the audio devices.

Hope this helps you. Do reply if you need further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Apr 12, 2020
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Apr 12, 2020
  4. How to re-enable device without getting a restart?

Am I getting the most out of my SSD?

Step 1
    Press "Windows-X" in Windows 8, and then select "Device Manager." In Windows 7 or Vista, click the "Start" button, type "device manager" into the search box, and then press "Enter."

Step 2
    Click the arrow next to "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" to display the list of controller drivers currently used by your system.

Step 3
    Check for an entry that contains the acronym "AHCI." If an entry exists, and there is no yellow exclamation mark or red "X" over it, then AHCI mode is properly enabled. If you don't see an "AHCI" entry, or the only entry contains a red or yellow mark, then there's a problem and AHCI mode is not properly enabled.

TheBrainyOne, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

How to re-enable device without getting a restart?

1. How to re-enable device without getting a restart? - Similar Threads - enable device without

2. How do I re-enable a device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I re-enable a device?: I disabled my laptop thinking it will remove the microsoft authenticator but it didn't. I want to re-enable my laptop so I can do some homework. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-re-enable-a-device/15496b0e-5886-464a-91b3-3e2e2f46d9cc
  3. How do I re-enable a device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I re-enable a device?: I disabled my laptop thinking it will remove the microsoft authenticator but it didn't. I want to re-enable my laptop so I can do some homework. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-re-enable-a-device/15496b0e-5886-464a-91b3-3e2e2f46d9cc
  4. Re-enable a device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-enable a device: I disabled my laptop because I thought it would get rid if the microsoft authenticator but it didn't. I want to re-enable my laptop so I can do some homework https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-enable-a-device/4d66c633-d016-4e54-bdb3-73425b7eb240
  5. Re-enable a device

Re-enable a device: I disabled my laptop because I thought it would get rid if the microsoft authenticator but it didn't. I want to re-enable my laptop so I can do some homework https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-enable-a-device/4d66c633-d016-4e54-bdb3-73425b7eb240
  6. How to re-enable audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to re-enable audio: I can't hear any notification sounds, like the low battery sound or the e-mail received. I can hear everything else. I do believe that I somehow ended up deactivating the sounds, but how do I re-enable them?...
  7. How to re-enable audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to re-enable audio: I can't hear any notification sounds, like the low battery sound or the e-mail received. I can hear everything else. I do believe that I somehow ended up deactivating the sounds, but how do I re-enable them?...
  8. How to re-enable audio

9. Disable Device without Restarting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable Device without Restarting: Is there a way to disable a device without restarting? I'm using DevCon to disable a game controller on my computer and it always says it needs a restart. I know it doesn't. It's a game controller for gods sake! I can rip the thing out if I wanted to and Windows would carry...
  10. Cannot Re-Enable Bluetooth Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Re-Enable Bluetooth Device: While troubleshooting bluetooth, I disabled my bluetooth adapter in the Device Manager. I can't see an option to show disabled devices that is referenced in a lot of threads online, I think it was removed after an update. And showing hidden devices doesn't show it, because...