Windows 10: How to re-enable notification on Windows for apps such as Alarms via the registry ?

Discus and support How to re-enable notification on Windows for apps such as Alarms via the registry ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For apps like the alarm clock, I observed that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dhurbaba Bhallagena, Apr 18, 2021.

1. How to re-enable notification on Windows for apps such as Alarms via the registry ?

For apps like the alarm clock, [COLOR=rgba36, 39, 41, 1]I observed that[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba36, 39, 41, 1]Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Notifications\Settings\Microsoft.WindowsAlarms_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App\Enabled = 0[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba36, 39, 41, 1]is created when one disables the notification on Windows. However, deleting the key does not reenable it. How to reenable notification through the registry? Is there anything I am missing?[/COLOR]

:)

Dhurbaba Bhallagena, Apr 18, 2021
  2. Kreij Win User

Need alarm type app

Hey Sol. Sorry for being a little late to the party.

Do you need this to run on a Windows or 'Nix server?
    Or do you want a Windows (workstation) app that monitors a Windows or 'Nix server on the network?
    Do you want audible alarm(s) or is a visual notification sufficient?
    If you pause or stop the alarm, do you want it to automatically restart itself after a set period in case you forget to restart the services?
    Do you need an (optional) log file for a historical record of alarm events?
    Any other requirements you can think of off the top of your head?

I'll be happy to code something for you if you haven't found something that does exactly what you want. *Toast :toast:

EDIT : I got bored of waiting to see if you needed something, and it sounded like a fun project, so it's about halfway done. *Big Grin How to re-enable notification on Windows for apps such as Alarms via the registry ? :D

Kreij, Apr 18, 2021
  3. ziixi Win User
    Alarm Clock Notification Delay on Windows 10 Pro

Hi, I just finish building my custom pc and have updated the drivers. But there's one problem I'm currently having, the Alarm in the built in Alarm & Clock app didn't go off on time but instead the notification was delayed 2 - 3 hours later after I wake up and moving the mouse. I usually left my pc on overnight.

I have tried:
    • Resetting the Alarm & Clock app.
    • Reinstalling the Alarm & Clock app.
    • Resetting the PC.
    • Turn off anything that puts my pc to sleep in the power settings.

Unfortunately nothing works.
    I do know there's a a free third party software for alarm. But if its possible I would like to use the built in app because I never had this problem before on my old laptop.

Thank you.

ziixi, Apr 18, 2021
  4. How to re-enable notification on Windows for apps such as Alarms via the registry ?

Microsoft News Notifications

Follow these steps to check if it works:

Step 1: Open the Windows Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key and “I,” or alternatively search for Settings in the Windows search bar and click the corresponding result.

Step 2: Click Notifications & Actions in the left-hand menu. This will take you to a screen providing access to all of the settings related to notifications and the Action Center.

Step 3: Click the System icon, then select Notifications and actions from the left-hand menu.

Step 4: Look for the Notifications subheading, where you will see a number of toggles for various types of notifications. The following is a list of the settings you can toggle on this screen:

• Get notifications from apps and other senders
    • Show notifications on the lock screen
    • Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen
    • Hide notifications when duplicating my screen
    • Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows
    You may just turn them off the notification as you need.

PeterPeng3, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

How to re-enable notification on Windows for apps such as Alarms via the registry ?

1. How to re-enable notification on Windows for apps such as Alarms via the registry ? - Similar Threads - enable notification apps

2. How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications: Hello,Is there a way to enable notifications for the clock app within windows to send you notifications via group policy manager?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-clock-app-via-group-policy-for/92c2f1f6-0ad9-455d-a3db-f1b30950134a
  3. How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications: Hello,Is there a way to enable notifications for the clock app within windows to send you notifications via group policy manager?Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-clock-app-via-group-policy-for/92c2f1f6-0ad9-455d-a3db-f1b30950134a
  4. How to Enable clock app via group policy for notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I re-enable notifications for a specific app that isn't showing up in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I re-enable notifications for a specific app that isn't showing up in the...: I disabled notifications once for this specific app from the notifications center but then I've never found a way to re-enable them. There is no option in settings to re-enable them bc the app isn't listed as one of the apps in the notifications settings page. I've also tried...
  6. How to disable notifications in Notifications and actions settings via registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable notifications in Notifications and actions settings via registry: We are trying to Disable side notifications, Specially the windows 11 Upgrade\update notifications. We are trying to prevent end user to see/edit/click any notification from the side bar. We are trying to do this using registry and not GPO because many of our clients doesn't...
  7. Enable Windows 10 Time Sync via registry?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enable Windows 10 Time Sync via registry?: [ATTACH] Is it possible to enable this via Registry? submitted by /u/Don_illMatiX [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jo9994/enable_windows_10_time_sync_via_registry/
  8. Notifications of Alarms missed by Alarms & clock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notifications of Alarms missed by Alarms & clock: Sometimes I miss alarms because my computer wasn't turned on. If I miss an alarm, I want the alarm notification to show when I turn on my computer. Will Alarms & Clock be able to catch missed alarms? how to replicate the issue: set alarm for next 2 minutes. turn off PC...
  9. How to Re-enable a Program's Notifications?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Re-enable a Program's Notifications?: I disabled a program's Notifications by clicking the gear icon within the notification and selected "Turn off all notifications for [PROGRAM]". The program isn't listed under Settings > System > Notifications & actions > Get notification from these senders. How can I restore...
  10. How to Re-Enable Windows 10 Automatic Registry Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Re-Enable Windows 10 Automatic Registry Backup: How to Re-Enable Windows 10 Automatic Registry Backup I want to re enable my registry backup in windows 10. Microsoft sayed they disabled the automatically registry backup for windows 10. My computer always crashes. if my registry will corrupt i can restore the registry...