Windows 10: How to re-enable notifications of my son's requests for computer time in Microsoft Family...

Discus and support How to re-enable notifications of my son's requests for computer time in Microsoft Family... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son's computer account is set up so that he has screen time limits and time restrictions on his online game playing on his PC. I used to receive... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RWPritchett-Ala, Jul 23, 2020.

1. How to re-enable notifications of my son's requests for computer time in Microsoft Family...

My son's computer account is set up so that he has screen time limits and time restrictions on his online game playing on his PC. I used to receive pop-up notifications in the Microsoft action center when he requested additional screen time on his PC, but those stopped suddenly and I don't know how to get them back. In the Settings, under Notifications & actions, notifications are turned on next to Microsoft Account, but I don't see any separate settingsn for Microsoft Family. How do I turn those notifications back on? Any help is appreciated.

:)

RWPritchett-Ala, Jul 23, 2020

2. How to re-enable notifications of my son's requests for computer time in Microsoft Family settings?

My son's computer account is set up so that he has screen time limits and time restrictions on his online game playing on his PC. I used to receive pop-up notifications in the Microsoft action center when he requested additional screen time on his PC, but
    those stopped suddenly and I don't know how to get them back. In the Settings, under Notifications & actions, notifications are turned on next to Microsoft Account, but I don't see any separate settingsn for Microsoft Family. How do I turn those notifications
    back on? Any help is appreciated.

RWPritchett-Ala, Aug 3, 2020
  3. SiBrown Win User
    Microsoft Family does not limit my sons time on his computer

I have got Microsoft Family on my sons computer. I have set screentime limits. I have not set any app limits yet. The PC runs Windows 10.

Every day I get "your son would like more screen time". Only ONCE has it ever locked him out. He has limits of 3 hours per day on the computer. At the end of the week I get the very nice report as to how much time he has spent on his computer. It suggests
    that screentime for last week was 110 hours.

So how is that possible on 3 hours per day? It's not. The system just DOES NOT work.

Regards,

Simon

SiBrown, Aug 3, 2020
  4. How to re-enable notifications of my son's requests for computer time in Microsoft Family...

Microsoft Family Time Extension Requests not sending to both parents

Both of the children have Microsoft Family settings on their computers.

Both of the children keep running out of time and ask for time extensions. (Thanks COVID-19 virtual learning!)

The request is sent by email and screen notification to my husband. I USED to get these notifications, but haven't received them since late February. I have tried changing my Settings > Notifications, no change.

My current way to extend their time is to login to https://account.microsoft.com/family/, wait for Kid to send Extend Time request, hit refresh, and extend. This is annoying,
    as I am unaware that they need time extended--no notification told me, and no email came in. How do I reactivate this? (Husband is "essential" and often unavailable to extend time.)

It is not related to the childrens' accounts. Following online suggestions, I have already verified their accounts on all the devices. The notifications send to my husband, so the problem seems to be with the notifications sending to me.

Also of note, husband receives the weekly recap of their time online, and I haven't received that since the end of February. Suggestions? Thanks!!

Moved from: Outlook.com / Security, privacy, and accounts / Other

CRobbinsUF, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

How to re-enable notifications of my son's requests for computer time in Microsoft Family...

1. How to re-enable notifications of my son's requests for computer time in Microsoft Family... - Similar Threads - enable notifications son's

2. Connect son's computer with Microsoft Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect son's computer with Microsoft Family Safety: Hello, my son got his own computer. How do we connect the computer to Microsoft Family Safety? The main account will be his own account I do not want to create my account on his computer. Is it possible to still connect it to Microsoft Family Safety that I manage, or it is...
  3. Connect son's computer with Microsoft Family Safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect son's computer with Microsoft Family Safety: Hello, my son got his own computer. How do we connect the computer to Microsoft Family Safety? The main account will be his own account I do not want to create my account on his computer. Is it possible to still connect it to Microsoft Family Safety that I manage, or it is...
  4. How do I accept my son's family request?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I accept my son's family request?: The trace id is jGBbEncmYkuF4Tnz.3.1.So basically,I can't accept my son's request when he wants to open the Xbox app on his computer, in the family resources, I already removed him from the family group, and it still happens, I don't receive the e-mail. It says:"Something...
  5. How do I accept my son's family request?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I accept my son's family request?: The trace id is jGBbEncmYkuF4Tnz.3.1.So basically,I can't accept my son's request when he wants to open the Xbox app on his computer, in the family resources, I already removed him from the family group, and it still happens, I don't receive the e-mail. It says:"Something...
  6. How do I accept my son's family request?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to enable Quiet Notification Requests in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Quiet Notification Requests in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]Users should have complete control over their default browser’s features and their settings. Browser notifications tend to distract the users, most. Luckily, the Microsoft Edge […] This article How to enable Quiet Notification Requests in Microsoft Edge browser first...
  8. Microsoft Family does not limit my sons time on his computer

Microsoft Family does not limit my sons time on his computer: I have got Microsoft Family on my sons computer. I have set screentime limits. I have not set any app limits yet. The PC runs Windows 10. Every day I get "your son would like more screen time". Only ONCE has it ever locked him out. He has limits of 3 hours per day on...
  9. How to Re-enable a Program's Notifications?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Re-enable a Program's Notifications?: I disabled a program's Notifications by clicking the gear icon within the notification and selected "Turn off all notifications for [PROGRAM]". The program isn't listed under Settings > System > Notifications & actions > Get notification from these senders. How can I restore...
  10. Microsoft Family email notifications re more screen time

Microsoft Family email notifications re more screen time: Hello, My wife and I each get an email when our son requests more screen time once his time is up. I cannot find anywhere to change/disable this setting. Both of us already have Activity Reporting switched off. Any guidance as to where this is controlled would be very...