Windows 10: How to re-enable the use of Random hardware address feature.

Discus and support How to re-enable the use of Random hardware address feature. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This problem is on my home laptop and I noticed the option to turn on Random Hardware Address in the wifi setting is disabled. I'm quite sure that this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xXDogememezXx, Mar 31, 2021.

1. How to re-enable the use of Random hardware address feature.

This problem is on my home laptop and I noticed the option to turn on Random Hardware Address in the wifi setting is disabled. I'm quite sure that this is the work of my parents.

submitted by /u/xXDogememezXx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xXDogememezXx, Mar 31, 2021
  2. dixel0 Win User

Random Hardware (Mac) Address - Windows 10

Exactly what I suspected!

next question is...does it mean I can't change/spoof my mac address even by using third party softwareor registry editing?

and

is there a list of wifi adapters that support the "random hardware address" feature?

dixel0, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Mala_S Win User
    About MAC Randomization feature

Hello vikasvashishtha,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Random hardware addresses are used to make it harder for people to track our location when you connect to different Wi-Fi networks. To enable the feature, you need to have appropriate drivers installed on your machine. However, to address your
    questions, kindly check with the below mentioned answers:

1. MAC randomization works with all type of networks.
    2. Unless the device is connected to the network/Wi-Fi, it cannot be tracked. The MAC address can be used to track your device as it connects to various Wi-Fi access points. Hence, by enabling MAC address randomization, it is hard
      to track the device. The device can still be tracked using other information.
    3. No, MAC address won’t change after getting connected to 1 network unless you have enabled 'Use random hardware addresses for this network'.
    4. Yes, every network device has a unique MAC address.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Mar 31, 2021
  4. dixel0 Win User

How to re-enable the use of Random hardware address feature.

Random Hardware (Mac) Address - Windows 10

Hi has microsoft removed the random mac address option from windows 10?

There is no "Random Hardware Address" in my network settings

as indicated by microsoft
    and it's not clear if this option is available
    only
    if the network card and its drivers support it or if microsoft has removed it completely.

So is there any solution to enable this feature in Windows 10? Or what other solutions are there to have a random mac address?

ps. I run Windows 10 pro 2004 and have an intel wifi card and in the card advanced settings there is also no option to change the mac address.

dixel0, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

How to re-enable the use of Random hardware address feature.

1. How to re-enable the use of Random hardware address feature. - Similar Threads - enable Random hardware

2. Use Random Hardware Addresses

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use Random Hardware Addresses: There is a Wi-Fi setting in Windows 10 called 'Use Random Hardware Addresses'. I recently discovered an issue connecting to our wireless network while this setting is enabled. Has anyone experienced this and if so, do you know how to fix it?We have a Windows 2012 R2 domain...
  3. Use Random Hardware Addresses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use Random Hardware Addresses: There is a Wi-Fi setting in Windows 10 called 'Use Random Hardware Addresses'. I recently discovered an issue connecting to our wireless network while this setting is enabled. Has anyone experienced this and if so, do you know how to fix it?We have a Windows 2012 R2 domain...
  4. Use Random Hardware Addresses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Use Random Hardware Addresses" Feature on Windows 10

"Use Random Hardware Addresses" Feature on Windows 10: I am trying to enable the "Use Random Hardware Addresses" when using my Wifi on my new computer, but it does not appear in the Wifi settings, as it should. How do I enable it?...
  6. did MS remove the use random hardware address feature

did MS remove the use random hardware address feature: It was there a couple of months ago, and now it gone. This is across three machines running windows 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-ms-remove-the-use-random-hardware-address/a3df9965-efe1-4069-b19b-1f1cbc068af6
  7. "Use Random Hardware Addresses" Feature Missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Use Random Hardware Addresses" Feature Missing: Hi, I have latest version of Windows 10 Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.746) and this feature is missing in my wifi settings. I tried several adapters that were supportive of this feature but it's still missing. I also repaired windows. How should I fix this? submitted by...
  8. Random Hardware Addresses Feature is missing

Random Hardware Addresses Feature is missing: I'm using Windows 10 latest version and I can't find the option anywhere. The adapter I use supports it. But the option still isn't there. Can anyone help? Thanks!...
  9. Use random hardware address

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use random hardware address: I’m not part of an organization or anything (home PC), but when I try to turn on “Use random hardware address” it won’t let me because of the “organization”. submitted by /u/TheLoneTerrarian [link] [comments]...
  10. Using random hardware addresses for networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using random hardware addresses for networks: Hey there, Often I have connection issues with my PC. To specify the PC connects to the WIFI Network, however it doesn't have an active internet connection. It occurs the most at the public wifi in my uni. It also sometimes happens with my home wifi. The question is;...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. random hardware address not turning on