Windows 10: How to re-install DVD. Drivers no longer compatible with windows 10

Discus and support How to re-install DVD. Drivers no longer compatible with windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After a recent Windows 10 update, my SAMSUNG DVD RW SU280GB optical drive is no longer working. On playback I get "please insert cd". On... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by joblick, Jan 15, 2019.

1. joblick Win User

How to re-install DVD. Drivers no longer compatible with windows 10

After a recent Windows 10 update, my SAMSUNG DVD RW SU280GB optical drive is no longer working.

On playback I get "please insert cd". On troublshooting all the issues appear resolved but still no playback occurs.

I have also checked the hardware in HP PC Hardware diagnostics app. It says the hardware is working.

I have found the drivers from Samsung and they are not listed as available for windows 10.

Here we go again. The usual built in obsolescence is much too wasteful in a world where we all need to reuse hardware and keep software going for as long as possible.

Can my dvd be installed using any method other than those already tried

Reinstalling uninstalling changing registry reinstalling adi drivers updating every known thing.

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" is my error report "

I have literally followed up at least 8 solutions dozens of times over.

My latest question is Is it possible to use compatibility mode to force windows 10 to accept it?

I am planning to have to reuse windows 7 again. I'm sick of windows 10.

:)

joblick, Jan 15, 2019

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Jan 15, 2019
  4. How to re-install DVD. Drivers no longer compatible with windows 10

Windows 10 will not allow any region changes to the DVD driver

Hi Dig,

Thank you for your reply with the current update on the issue.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the DVD driver in compatibility mode. After reinstalling, try to change the DVD region and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to uninstall the DVD/CD driver as provided in the previous post.

Step 2: I recommend you to download the DCD/CD driver from the computer manufacturer's website and then try to install the driver in compatibility mode.

1. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’'.

2. Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the
    computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with DVD region settings, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

How to re-install DVD. Drivers no longer compatible with windows 10

1. How to re-install DVD. Drivers no longer compatible with windows 10 - Similar Threads - install DVD Drivers

2. How to re install wifi drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to re install wifi drivers?: Wifi doesn't connect for very long periods of time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-re-install-wifi-drivers/31369e88-ddb1-4ab7-91bb-9ed411d2a995
  3. How to re install wifi drivers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to re install wifi drivers?: Wifi doesn't connect for very long periods of time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-re-install-wifi-drivers/31369e88-ddb1-4ab7-91bb-9ed411d2a995
  4. How to install back DVD driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install back DVD driver?: Failed to re--install DVD player on the ASUS laptop. After update window as prompted , found DVD player not in the system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-back-dvd-driver/7012d880-5b3c-4150-9c10-faa2e0f8f2ad
  5. How to install back DVD driver?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install back DVD driver?: Failed to re--install DVD player on the ASUS laptop. After update window as prompted , found DVD player not in the system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-back-dvd-driver/7012d880-5b3c-4150-9c10-faa2e0f8f2ad
  6. how to re-install WiFi drivers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to re-install WiFi drivers: I keep on getting: There might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter. How do I re-install the Wi-Fi drivers? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-re-install-wifi-drivers/bb2c058e-e4e7-4f52-b021-c6658991b76a
  7. Drivers re-installing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Drivers re-installing: Trying to uninstall a driver. Go into device manager, select the driver (tp-link wireless card) and uninstall, then when i reboot it is reinstalled, even when i scan for hardware changes it has reinstalled it self with out a reset. Trying to do it because I'm chasing some...
  8. Windows 10 usb/dvd not compatible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 usb/dvd not compatible: My pc dose not accept windows 10 instalition media through usb or dvd it has accepted linux and freedos when i try a windows 10 usb it shows me the rog icon then the loading dots pop up and freeze after a few seconds then freezes last tome i tried it also gave me bsod even...
  9. How to re-install camera driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to re-install camera driver: Hi those @ Microsoft Community, I tried to fix my camera by uninstalling the driver, but now the camera does not even appear on Device Manager, even when I click "View hidden devices" and Scan for Hardware changes. I have a Toshiba Satellite L50-B025D. I've tried looking...
  10. New Driver Installs for Re-Installation of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Driver Installs for Re-Installation of Windows 10?: Recently I've re-installed Windows 10 on my machine due to some technical difficulties and I also chose to removal all settings, personal files, etc. As of now, i'm re-adding all necessary and personal items on my computer for mine own use and that of the proper...