Windows 10: How to re-install Microsoft Store?

Discus and support How to re-install Microsoft Store? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; MS Store stopped working showing Code: 0x80131500. After attempting many fixes that failed including uninstalling/reinstalling using PowerShell (Admin)... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Sam N Rose, Nov 25, 2019.

1. How to re-install Microsoft Store?

MS Store stopped working showing Code: 0x80131500. After attempting many fixes that failed including uninstalling/reinstalling using PowerShell (Admin) and running sfc /SCANNOW I created another simple account. The new account worked. However in Settings / Apps & Features / Microsoft Store in the original account shows the app taking 0 (zero) bytes while the new account shows 12.2 MB.

I tried to reinstall using "Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" in PowerShell (Admin)

:)

Sam N Rose, Nov 25, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Uninstalled apps stuck "installing" in Microsoft Store (MSN News)

Hi Will,

A corrupted Microsoft Store cache is one of the possible reasons why some apps are stuck in an "installing phase" when you try to uninstall them. We suggest that you try running the
    Windows App troubleshooter to troubleshoot the issue.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache. You can follow the steps below to reset the Microsoft Store cache:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run
      command
      box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Microsoft Store is not working

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the exact issue you are facing in accessing the Windows Store?

Have you tried to reset the Windows Store as stated in the above response?

If the issue still persists after deploying the above troubleshooting steps, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

1. Press
    Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Control Panel.

2. In the
    Control Panel window, select Category and then select
    Large icons.

3. Click on
    Troubleshooting.

4. Click
    View all and then click Windows Store Apps.

5. Click
    Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

How to re-install Microsoft Store?

Install Button on Microsoft Store

Hi,

Based on your post about no install button on Microsoft Store, we would like to know some additional information to better assist you with your concern:

• Does this issue happen only on that particular app only?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried checking other apps if they don't have install button also?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Anup Karkal on this

link
    and check if it will work.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

How to re-install Microsoft Store?

1. How to re-install Microsoft Store? - Similar Threads - install Microsoft Store

2. Re-install Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Re-install Microsoft Store: I was having issues with Microsoft Store so I uninstalled it using Windows PowerShell. I've tried reinstalling it with PowerShell but it doesn't work. How do I solve this?Thanks....
  3. Re-install Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-install Microsoft Store: I was having issues with Microsoft Store so I uninstalled it using Windows PowerShell. I've tried reinstalling it with PowerShell but it doesn't work. How do I solve this?Thanks....
  4. Re-install Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I re-install Microsoft Store

How do I re-install Microsoft Store: On July 22, 2021, my computer's Microsoft Windows 10 Home operating system was upgraded with package B5004237. All updates have been applied. The Microsoft store and all built-in Microsoft apps are broken. In Windows Home, they are all un-highlighted and have and "!". I have...
  6. Unable to Re-install Microsoft Store

Unable to Re-install Microsoft Store: Hello I had issue with Microsoft store showing an error and I uninstalled it with powershell. But now I'm unable to re-install with the commands provided in the forum. Please help me. This is the message I get when i try the reinstallation command. [ATTACH]...
  7. Re-Installing the Microsoft Store

Re-Installing the Microsoft Store: Hi. I bought Sea Of Thieves to a friend so that he could play with me and my boyfriend. However, his Microsoft Store was uninstalled prior to it ages ago. He used the key but cannot install his game even through the website version of the Store. So, I searched online, and...
  8. How to re-install the microsoft store.

How to re-install the microsoft store.: So I uninstalled the Microsoft store because I had thought I could i easily reinstall it. So I had uninstalled it for removing bloatware. I've tried almost everything. I've come at a dead end. I literally just want to download Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. Please recommend...
  9. Microsoft Store Not Re-installing via Powershell.

Microsoft Store Not Re-installing via Powershell.: After attempting to install Sea of Thieves via the Microsoft Store, and failing due to some error. I have tried to reinstall the Microsoft Store, as a previous thread said I had to enter the the command: Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program...
  10. Can't Re-install Microsoft store

Can't Re-install Microsoft store: Recently my Microsoft store wasn't working properly. So I think I've removed all component of Microsoft store. That's why I can't re-install it. So, can anyone give me a solution of it?...