Windows 10: How to re-install windows on my year old thinkpad (need to remove Linux)

Discus and support How to re-install windows on my year old thinkpad (need to remove Linux) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Bought a thinkpad a year ago, wiped windows and installed Linux but now because of my job, I need to run my windows that came preinstalled on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KennyLogginsIII, Jul 7, 2020.

1. How to re-install windows on my year old thinkpad (need to remove Linux)

Bought a thinkpad a year ago, wiped windows and installed Linux but now because of my job, I need to run my windows that came preinstalled on the thinkpad. It has the code on the bottom but I am not sure how to boot and reinstall the windows OS. Any help is appreciated. I have all passwords, etc for the Linux OS which is encrypted. thanks in advance

submitted by /u/KennyLogginsIII
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KennyLogginsIII, Jul 7, 2020
  2. GIL
    gil Win User

two types of Linux CLI are installed. How to remove?

How can I remove the bash bash, not the Ubuntu bash?

3. Silverel Win User
    Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Jul 7, 2020
  4. swarfega Win User

How to re-install windows on my year old thinkpad (need to remove Linux)

two types of Linux CLI are installed. How to remove?

The reason why you have two versions is because you've installed it via add/remove features and also typed bash in cmd. The later step is no longer needed. All you need to do is install Windows Subsystem for Linux then install your nix of choice from the store. Typing the bash command is no longer required.

swarfega, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

How to re-install windows on my year old thinkpad (need to remove Linux)

1. How to re-install windows on my year old thinkpad (need to remove Linux) - Similar Threads - install old thinkpad

2. Thinkpad wifi works on Linux, but not on Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thinkpad wifi works on Linux, but not on Windows: Hi, I just got a refurbished Thinkpad Yoga L13 Gen 4. It came with no os, so I installed linux on it, had 0 issues, but now that I want to try installing windows 10 or 11 normally, but whenever I get to the network screen, there are no networks I can connect to. So I tried...
  3. Thinkpad wifi works on Linux, but not on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thinkpad wifi works on Linux, but not on Windows: Hi, I just got a refurbished Thinkpad Yoga L13 Gen 4. It came with no os, so I installed linux on it, had 0 issues, but now that I want to try installing windows 10 or 11 normally, but whenever I get to the network screen, there are no networks I can connect to. So I tried...
  4. Thinkpad wifi works on Linux, but not on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to remove Kali Linux and freshly install windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Kali Linux and freshly install windows: I recently installed Kali Linux but now I want to change to windows os .so I want to remove Kali Linux completely and freshly install windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-kali-linux-and-freshly-install/8db8e5d3-52a9-4f0d-ad94-c6618991bbd3
  6. How to remove Kali Linux and freshly install windows

How to remove Kali Linux and freshly install windows: I recently installed Kali Linux but now I want to change to windows os .so I want to remove Kali Linux completely and freshly install windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-kali-linux-and-freshly-install/8db8e5d3-52a9-4f0d-ad94-c6618991bbd3
  7. How to remove Kali Linux and freshly install windows

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. remove partitions that not needed from old linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove partitions that not needed from old linux: i have ASUS tuf a15 and i used to have multiple Linux OS from different distros kali,Ubuntu,manjaro, etc. as dual boot now i want to remove the extra partitions to save space and i don't know which one to removethe unallocated is for new Linux i will install after solving...
  9. remove partitions that not needed from old linux

remove partitions that not needed from old linux: i have ASUS tuf a15 and i used to have multiple Linux OS from different distros kali,Ubuntu,manjaro, etc. as dual boot now i want to remove the extra partitions to save space and i don't know which one to removethe unallocated is for new Linux i will install after solving...
  10. How to remove linux from my PC and install windows 8.1?

How to remove linux from my PC and install windows 8.1?: I have recently installed linux on my pc however, it couldn't run application I needed so I decided to go back to windows 8.1,but when I tried to install windows 8.1 with my usb, restarted, Pressed F8 and clicked the usb, it didn't work, it just booted up my linux computer...