Windows 10: How to "re mirror" two 8TB hard disks in disk management after reinstalling windows 10?

Discus and support How to "re mirror" two 8TB hard disks in disk management after reinstalling windows 10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Using Windows 10 Disk Management I mirrored two 8TB drives and filled them up with files. After upgrading my windows hard disk 2TB NVME and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NeillO'Brien, Jan 6, 2021.

1. How to "re mirror" two 8TB hard disks in disk management after reinstalling windows 10?

Using Windows 10 Disk Management I mirrored two 8TB drives and filled them up with files.

After upgrading my windows hard disk 2TB NVME and reinstalling windows the two 8TB hard disks are no longer mirrored as seen below, however thankfully still have the files on them. Is there a way to put these two 8TB disks back into a mirror WITHOUT losing the data? Also preferably without needing to copy the data to another hard disk first.

How to "re mirror" two 8TB hard disks in disk management after reinstalling windows 10? cc5e9ab2-8371-4dbe-a75c-26647733c5c1?upload=true.jpg

:)

NeillO'Brien, Jan 6, 2021

2. Disk mirror failed redundancy: Remove mirror or reactivate volume?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The cause for Failed Redundancy would be that half, but not both halves, of a mirrored volume was imported. In Disk Management, the imported half of the mirrored volume receives Failed Redundancy status, while the disk that holds the
    half of the mirror that was not imported receives Missing status. You can import the Missing disk at a later time to restore redundancy.

The solution for Failed Redundancy is to move all disks that span this volume to the new computer at the same time, and then import all of the disks together.

The complete solution is giving in the section A mirrored volume's status is Data Not Redundant from
    Troubleshooting Disk Management.

You may also refer the section A dynamic disk's status is Offline or Missing from the above article and try the troubleshooting steps.

If you are still facing any issues related to Mirroring, then I suggest you to post your query in
    IT Pro TechNet forums, where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Hard Disk Mirroring.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue How to "re mirror" two 8TB hard disks in disk management after reinstalling windows 10? :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jan 6, 2021
  4. How to "re mirror" two 8TB hard disks in disk management after reinstalling windows 10?

get windows 10 and disk mirroring

So it's been over a year since this thread was started and I've searched the web for Windows 10 and disk mirroring, yet still find nothing, except this link.

Is it happening or not? I just bought a new desktop with Win 10 Home OEM and moved my mirrored WD2000FYYZ hard drives to the new computer and it won't recognize them. They are active, online, dynamic, mirrored but marked "failed".

I added 2 brand new similar hard drives and disk mirroring (in Disk Management) is not an option, under any circumstance (mbr, gpt, aol, ibm, tandy...) ;-) I make a joke of this but it's really not funny. I had this ability with my Windows 7, but not
    the new and improved 10. Argh....

RetiredWinAdmin, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

How to "re mirror" two 8TB hard disks in disk management after reinstalling windows 10?

1. How to "re mirror" two 8TB hard disks in disk management after reinstalling windows 10? - Similar Threads - mirror 8TB hard

2. Recreate my Data Mirror in Windows 10 Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recreate my Data Mirror in Windows 10 Disk Manager: I had to shut off my server and move some drives around. After restarting, I noticed that one of my mirrored DATA drives were "missing" and on inspection noticed that the a removable sled were not fully engaged. So, shutdown the machine and properly reinserted and locked the...
  3. how re activating windows after changing hard disk

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how re activating windows after changing hard disk: HI,I purchased a laptop with windows 7 Home Prem OA. after that I upgraded it to win 10. Six months ago I changed my systems hard disk. the technician changed hard disk and re installed windows 10. but last few days a massage appearing on screen is "Your windows will expiring...
  4. I compared the speeds of a two-drive Storage Spaces mirror vs a Disk Management mirror and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I compared the speeds of a two-drive Storage Spaces mirror vs a Disk Management mirror and...: [ATTACH] I'll try to keep this short. Basically, I've got two 5TB drives that I want to mirror and get the highest performance possible via software RAID. I'm not interested in a hardware RAID right now so I'd like to just focus this conversation on Storage Spaces vs Disk...
  5. reinstal windows after changing my hard disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinstal windows after changing my hard disk: Hello! I change my my laptop hard disk because it is not work suddenly so I want to reintal windows 10 home like I hade and was activated with digital licens ....
  6. Reinstalling windows after Hard disk crashed.

Reinstalling windows after Hard disk crashed.: Hello, I have Lenovo laptop which I bought around 5 yrs back with genuine windows 7 Home premium with product key. I have updated it to windows 10 when windows 10 update notification was popping up into notification box. Everything was working fine for me from the last...
  7. Reinstalling windows 10 after hard disk replacement

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling windows 10 after hard disk replacement: I had upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. However, my hard disk crashed and my service provider re installed window 7 after installing new hard disk. Can I still upgrade to Windows 10 and windows will identify earlier activation if its not based on hard disk....
  8. Reinstall a hard disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reinstall a hard disk: Hi, I must re-install Windows on a laptop, I've created a bootable flash disk, but apparently the hard disk it self is uninstalled. I can't find the driver. It is driver wdc wd10spcx-24z10. Can you help me ?...
  9. Reinstalling windows after hard disk change

Reinstalling windows after hard disk change: Hello, Windows 10 is installed on my computer on 1000 GB HDD. I want to replace the HDD with a new one which sizes only 500 GB. I made a recovery DOK and tried using it to reinstall windows on the new HDD, but I got an error saying the size is too small. How can I reinstall...
  10. Hard Disk Unusable/Unallocated after Reinstall Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Disk Unusable/Unallocated after Reinstall Windows 10: Hi all, I wanted to reinstall Windows 10 and format my C: drive. To do this, I used this guide. All went well, I created a bootable USB-stick with the Windows installer on it. Unfortunately, I forgot to disconnect any devices and/or drives before installing. This caused...